Edolin

Hello from Portugal

Hello

Hi, my name is Lucas.

Who am I ?

I'm 21 years old, I'm currently enrolled into Software Development and plan to start my own business into Product and Web Design. I have good algorithm and programming skills, and I believe that a good programmer doesn't know many programming languages, but rather how a computer does stuff and how he manipulates that. A good programmer thinks like a computer, and has a book or internet to help him translate it to whatever language it is. Experience does help, but one will mix up programming languages after some changing, and that's where knowing many languages won't help, but just worsen the problem.

What do I like?

I hate football and sports in general, I'm a car enthusiast and I'm a PC Builder, but everyone is nowdays. I play league of legends and I hate dota 2, and people are right. The salt in the ocean doesn't compare to a day in League of Legends. I don't like hanging out. Grabbing a drink and spending 6 hours on a bar listening to music that I'm tired to listen to is not something that I enjoy, but grabbing popcorn and go watch the sunset on the nearest beach is something that I do with pride and relief.

What makes me different?

I like to stand out of the crowd. I drive a car converted to LPG, I wear christmas sweats from Winter trough Easter that I buy myself, my PC setup is a 50" plasma screen and a bed with wireless peripherals and I eat Italian food mixed with Chinese (Noodles Bolognese is a good example). I don't consider myself a hippie or a hipster, but I completely ignore what people like to do or think that are average and normal. I try stuff for myself instead of just assuming stuff is like everyone thinks it is. Oh, and pineapple on pizza doesn't work, people are right on that one.

Are portuguese people crazy?

Nope, just me. People around here are pretty much like everywhere else I guess. Work to buy an apartment that other people think is good for them, a car that other people like and recommend, a job that people call important and relevant and a family that looks good on the outside but most times everyone hates each other.

Did you ever work? Are you just a spoiled kid?

I've started working at 18 years old, wich is the minimum legal age to work in my country, I passed trough 7 jobs, most of them loved me but none of them I loved. I've worked into car industry, leather craftsmanship, car industry again, farming, food industry, construction and car mechanic. Two I left due to work related injuries that insurance or health services would take too long for my boss to keep me working for him given the little time I spent there, one the business opened bankrupcy (low work demand) and the others were just really bad working conditions / really bad bosses, like 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for a minimum wage.  After the last one, I just saved money to go to college and I got in. And here I stand paying for my own tuition.

• Like 1

Welcome Lucas

sounds like a hard time :/ minimum wage, 12/7 :/
i started to work at the age of 16 at mcDonalds, (beside: school, high school with main emphasis electric and my electrican education)
6 years later i focused on my electrican education and left mcDonalds, 

glad you are here, hope we can help each other :)

sincerely - Snake

Hello Lucas I’m from America but some of my family is from the Azores. I’ve always wanted to visit, the main land and Spain as well. Where are you from and how is it? 

Hello, i'm from Portugal as well. Hope we can cross paths through town square to chat a bit or search for more portuguese people as well.

Cheers, your buddy HYPNO

Hi! Guess what? We already have two things in common. We're both from Portugal, and we're both new to the forum.

I've been wandering around the forum for quite some time now, but it was your post that made me actually create the forum account!

So... Welcome to you, and welcome to me!

6 hours ago, MentallyZero said:

Hi! Guess what? We already have two things in common. We're both from Portugal, and we're both new to the forum.

I've been wandering around the forum for quite some time now, but it was your post that made me actually create the forum account!

So... Welcome to you, and welcome to me!

Welcome to the community, friend! Some links below will provide you with some helpful information. :)

• ver.1.22474487139 1

19 hours ago, subway244 said:

Welcome to the community, friend! Some links below will provide you with some helpful information. :)

Thank you so much SUBWAY244! 

Gotta love this community compared to so many other games out there!

• Like 1