Andy

Suggestion: Pilots? (if it's not already a thing)

My dad and I had an idea for this game, what if there was some sort of pilot job where there is a control tower with real people, planes with real pilots and real passengers wanting to travel to different places in the map, but not wanting to drive a far distance. We imagined a control tower with real people playing the game giving information to the pilots of the plane. Passengers would buy a ticket for a certain price (depends on the distance) and the pilot and co-pilot would take them there. We also thought about the idea of when you get to approximately 30,000 feet in the air, there is a button you can click that makes the plane go maybe 3-4 times faster. Maybe different airlines, too, not sure. What do you think?

Edited by Andy

This is a really cool idea and i really like it. I am not sure if this is a thing already and i couldn't seem to find where it had been asked in the clip directory. You should join the discord and ask it in there sometime and maybe @Beach_Ball could ask it during the next stream. Would be a cool feature to have later on in the game but some people may abuse the power of being able to fly a plane and just troll with it.

Sadly, air vehicles will not be in Identity at all. This was a decision we have made because we feel like it eliminates all the social interaction when taking the journey from one location to another. 

I've heard from another post that there wont be any air vehicles exept if a dlc to another island is made.

3 hours ago, XR_G4mer said:

I've heard from another post that there wont be any air vehicles exept if a dlc to another island is made.

By this statement, we mostly meant an airplane which would be added to the game's airport just for looks and immersion. They will never be pilot-able unless drastic changes are made to the design plans. This is a fairly hefty one though, so it's very unlikely to change.

23 hours ago, LightBringer said:

Sadly, air vehicles will not be in Identity at all. This was a decision we have made because we feel like it eliminates all the social interaction when taking the journey from one location to another. 

Well, it is social, real passengers, and real pilots. Pilots would have to communicate with each other and with the control tower, maybe it can be a job with NPC's as passengers instead? I don't know. Just sounds like a really fun job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy said:

Well, it is social, real passengers, and real pilots. Pilots would have to communicate with each other and with the control tower, maybe it can be a job with NPC's as passengers instead? I don't know. Just sounds like a really fun job.

There won't be such, "IF" the game gets dlc Islands, then you will likely will be able to go on the planes and interact but the flight will be all automated and not player controlled! There is only one airport on the island and well if there was air vehicles then people would kamikaze and also just land anywhere which is also not what is wanted. It skips out the interaction on the ground with you having to stop at traffic lights, get caught in traffic jams and interactions with people crossing the road.

as you can see here

here

here

and in multiple other threads it got answered already :D

11 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

There won't be such, "IF" the game gets dlc Islands, then you will likely will be able to go on the planes and interact but the flight will be all automated and not player controlled! There is only one airport on the island and well if there was air vehicles then people would kamikaze and also just land anywhere which is also not what is wanted. It skips out the interaction on the ground with you having to stop at traffic lights, get caught in traffic jams and interactions with people crossing the road.

KAMIKAZE!!!!!

Edited by Shimozukachi