Sign in to follow this  
Dominic_

IDENTITY STREAM NOTES 02/01/2018

Here are the stream notes for Identity's twitch stream on February the 1st  Remember - Certain elements are subject to change, especially specific numbers, etc...

- One Way Replication - A system that could come to apartments, where people in apartments, when looking out of the window, can see the world going on outside, with people and cars moving, but people outside can’t see into apartments.  This would get around the performance problems for people outside having to load in all the apartments, and people inside the apartments can see the world.  When looking into apartments from outside, you will just see an empty room.

- Loading screens - When entering apartments which are separate instances, you will enter an elevator and going up is the loading part, to make it as seamless as possible.

- Luxury Apartments - These apartments will be pledge rewards only, meaning you can not purchase them with ingame money once the pledge rewards have been taken down with the new shop.  They generally offer more space than normal apartments and are meant to be unique.  There will probably be other small little perks such as more storage space.

- Pledge Apartment Info - The homeowner package is the minimum pledge to start with a house, giving you a very compact studio apartment.  After that is the Up-sized package, giving you a normal, 1 bedroom apartment.  The Speed Demon has a Luxury 1 Bedroom Apartment and the VIP has a normal 2 bedroom apartment.  Apartments that are higher tier than these can not be purchased anymore and came with the most expensive kickstarter pledges, such as the Two Bedroom Luxury Apartment from the $1000 kickstarter package, and the Penthouse Apartment from the $2500 and $5000 kickstarter packages.

- Location - Pledge Apartments will have better location that normal apartments that can be bought in came.

- Inspiration - Identity is based on modern day society and is based on cities from the East Coast of the US.

-Drug Making - Drug making has quite a bit of realism for immersion, but not so much as to teach people how to make them in real life :)  Some “ingredient” names have been changed and the process is more fun than realistic. 

- Renting Homes - You can rent out your house, but not apartments.  However, if you own a 2 or more bedroom apartment, you can make a non-formal deal in game where they pay you rent and you give them access to your apartment and permissions to edit their room.

-Death Row - This is not a planned feature.  Community servers can consider a ban a lifetime sentence :) 

• - Module Progress - There will be small things added over time, as module 2 is being approached once module 1 is out. Town Square will be constantly updated, and it will be out for a “fair bit of time.”

• -Check out Jade TV who steams modelling items for the Identity game (they’re super realistic): https://www.twitch.tv/jade77 

• - NPC’s - There will be animals and street vendors that will be NPC’s.  E.g. if you own a shop, you can’t be there 24/7 so you can get an NPC to be your shopkeeper.  Apart from that, there will be very few to no NPC’s, so that when you see a car, or someone you know it is another player (a potential risk).  

• - Town Square will be accessed through Steam, and everyone who has access (Founder pack+) will be given a steam key.

- Brewing - You can set up a distillery in your house to make alcohol that will be given a date, with the point being the older the alcohol is, the rare/better it is.

- Day/Night: There will be 3 hour days and 1 hour nights and this feature will be in Town Square.

- Previous Versions - There definitely could have been an earlier Town Square, but everything would have been much worse, with low quality models, etc…  After seeing GTA V, they realised they needed to step it up, and knew they could do better, so the Devs spent more time to make it a lot better, hence all the delays.

- New Website - With the new upcoming website there will be a new store with different payment methods other than PayPal (e.g. Paysafe).

- Cops & Robbers - There will be systems to make sure there aren't for example, 1 cop and one hundred criminals on or 10 criminals and one hundred cops online.

- Body Armor - Not planned as it will give too much of an advantage to people robbing other people.

- Modules - Module 2 should feature bank heists and criminals, and Module 3 should introduce race tracks and cars.

Link to Twitch VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224698296

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly.....

Renting house and also being able to "rent a room" is cool. Also being able to brew something and have dates on it. Cops and robbers is a good thing also.

Owning a business and being filthy rich and not being able to upgrade to a luxury apartment sucks. The only way to obtain one is to shell out through the nose now with your pledge. That's just b.s. (just my 2 cents) Also, the highest package that I have personally seen is $500. Never even seen the $1000+ packages.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kardlef said:

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly.....

Renting house and also being able to "rent a room" is cool. Also being able to brew something and have dates on it. Cops and robbers is a good thing also.

Owning a business and being filthy rich and not being able to upgrade to a luxury apartment sucks. The only way to obtain one is to shell out through the nose now with your pledge. That's just b.s. (just my 2 cents) Also, the highest package that I have personally seen is $500. Never even seen the $1000+ packages.

The $1000+ packages were on the Kickstarter page as I said in the notes :) Also, I suppose the point of the luxury apartments is just to be a reward for backers, but I am Sure that in full release there will be just as fancy apartments to buy, these ones are just meant to be unique

7 hours ago, Eriberto said:

Oh, I really wanted to have a luxury apartment like in GTA V. Looks like it won't be possible.

I'm sure there will be other fancy, high end apartments to buy with in-game money, these are just meant to be unique for backers, don't worry ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eriberto said:

Oh, I really wanted to have a luxury apartment like in GTA V. Looks like it won't be possible.

There will be some available to purchase with in-game money, so no need to worry!

• Like 2

Which mail system are the steam keys being mailed to? I know many of us have a Founder's package, but did anyone get a steam key yet?

40 minutes ago, LifeisReal said:

Which mail system are the steam keys being mailed to? I know many of us have a Founder's package, but did anyone get a steam key yet?

No keys have been sent, once we get closer to March 21, we will send them out.

2 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

No keys have been sent, once we get closer to March 21, we will send them out.

Oops, oh all right, thank you for the update. I thought I missed something since Feb 1. That explains alot. It's fine since the date is closer, plus more time for developers to fine tune things, so its understandable nothing is rushed. Thanks alot! :D

• Like 1

Thank you so much for notes i needs it because i can not understand at twitch 

I mean its not my main language and my reading better than listening 

I am waiting for another one

1 minute ago, BirTurk said:

Thank you so much for notes i needs it because i can not understand at twitch 

I mean its not my main language and my reading better than listening 

I am waiting for another one

Glad these helped you! We are going to be live again tomorrow at the same time!

• Like 1

- Brewing - You can set up a distillery in your house to make alcohol that will be given a date, with the point being the older the alcohol is, the rare/better it is.

What types of alcohol can we make? Any clue?

4 minutes ago, Pootisman11 said:

how long will it take to finish module 2 and 3 and a estimate time for full game 

I read a post the other day stating that the full game itself wasn't expected until late 2019 or even 2020.

• ver.1.22474487139 1