empenadas

Kind of sucks that stealth is out of the picture

I'm a long time follower but haven't purchased the game yet, which I plan on doing but can't because it only allows PayPal purchases. Anyway, recently I found out that there won't be any silencers added to the game nor will you be able to get away with any sort of murder. While I understand that this would prevent people from getting a silencer and RDM'ing to some degree, it's a real bummer that we won't be able to have stealth gameplay. Hitmen won't be able to get away with any of their successful jobs, and gangs will always have to go 'loud' and make a scene. I personally think this disallows many roleplay scenarios and while you might say 'you can do that on a private server' I doubt I'll ever go on one. To me this game is all about official servers where the game is regularly updated, moderation is in place most of the time and there is no fearing if the server will 'go offline' every single day. Anyway, hope my rant wasn't too boring, have a good day everyone. I'd love to hear what you all have to say.

I don't know who told you that you can't get away with murder but it's not true. You can, in fact, 'get away' with any crime in Identity, it'll just require intelligent play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jinx said:

I don't know who told you that you can't get away with murder but it's not true. You can, in fact, 'get away' with any crime in Identity, it'll just require intelligent play.

I read that you immediately get a 'wanted' status upon murdering someone, regardless of being reported or not

Edited by empenadas
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, empenadas said:

I read that you immediately get a 'wanted' status upon murdering someone, regardless of being reported or not

That IS kind of stupid. As I've learned more and more about this game, I've been disappointed time and time again with how some of the mechanics will work. Oh well I guess :P

• Like 2

Stealth in not out of the picture just because silencers aren't in the game. There are other silent ways to kill that don't involve firearms. Not to mention someone who is stealthy as a ghost should never have to kill.

Edited by uncannierlink

I think we should wait for the game to actually be released first before we talk about fixing it.

I mean, what game ever released with balanced mechanics?

5 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Stealth in not out of the picture just because silencers aren't in the game. There are other silent ways to kill that don't involve firearms. Not to mention someone who is stealthy as a ghost should never have to kill.

Any sort of murder, including punching someone to death or suffocating them with a pillow (if that even becomes a thing in the game) will give you a wanted status instantly, even the most silent kill. I agree with your 'stealthy ghost' point but a hitman cannot work without killing, just to give an example

On 1/29/2018 at 5:50 AM, empenadas said:

Any sort of murder, including punching someone to death or suffocating them with a pillow (if that even becomes a thing in the game) will give you a wanted status instantly, even the most silent kill. I agree with your 'stealthy ghost' point but a hitman cannot work without killing, just to give an example

Well here's the thing. You may gain a bounty, but the police don't necessarily know what that bounty is for. It could just be parking tickets.

Edited by uncannierlink

On 2/1/2018 at 3:30 AM, uncannierlink said:

Well here's the thing. You may gain a bounty, but the police don't necessarily know what that bounty is for. It could just be parking tickets.

I very much doubt the system would treat the two the same way, besides, the said "bounty" would be a higher priority/be higher in number

9 hours ago, empenadas said:

I very much doubt the system would treat the two the same way, besides, the said "bounty" would be a higher priority/be higher in number

In the Asylum arma 2 server your bounty was just a cash value. No criminal record. Murder gave you a larger bounty, but otherwise it was nondescript.

21 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

In the Asylum arma 2 server your bounty was just a cash value. No criminal record. Murder gave you a larger bounty, but otherwise it was nondescript.

But a police officer could see their bounty, I presume? That has nothing to do with the point anyway, whether it gives you bounty or not you'll still be wanted.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:48 AM, empenadas said:

But a police officer could see their bounty, I presume? That has nothing to do with the point anyway, whether it gives you bounty or not you'll still be wanted.

Yes, you will still be wanted, but without the bounty system it would be impossible to prove any crimes happened. You can dispute the bounty in court, and if your mafia influences run deep you will probably be able to get out "free" (Assuming no witnesses saw you murder your target in cold blood). Trust me, they're all parking tickets...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uncannierlink said:

Trust me, they're all parking tickets...

I just found that funny. Yeah you can always take it to court with a lawyer by your side ($$$). Is it worth the risks and hassle? If you get well paid and that you have calculated everything, perhaps.