So, I seen the hunting video but I'm curios as to how firefight gameplay will appear- can I jump from my police car, crouch and head towards the cover I'm aimed at or aimed near? I'd image this is FPS only and not 3rd person, so does that mean the Gtav style of firefights involving cover will be diminished to a fallout 3 type of coverage, where you never actually apply yourself to cover but instead jump up or move to the side to shoot and duck to hide again and take cover that way? Because although it was a fixed cover system, I enjoyed it up most.

Just a wandering thought in the field of questions.

When I first read this I thought it was going to be a question about firefighting!

As for gun fights, the weapons in Identity are incredibly realistic with realistic damage models. Our ballistics and such could be compared to a game like Arma, so cover will be incredibly important. You'll also have to consider penetration of cover, which is based on a bunch of variables such as the type of bullet, velocity, cover material type and thickness.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Paratus said:

When I first read this I thought it was going to be a question about firefighting!

As for gun fights, the weapons in Identity are incredibly realistic with realistic damage models. Our ballistics and such could be compared to a game like Arma, so cover will be incredibly important. You'll also have to consider penetration of cover, which is based on a bunch of variables such as the type of bullet, velocity, cover material type and thickness.

If you've managed to match arma, I applaude you  :)

Edited by avi312singh

2 minutes ago, avi312singh said:

If you've managed to match arma, I applaude you  :)

well, they did create altis life

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

The devs for identity made atlis life?

Can't remember where and when I saw this, but i think it was on youtube on the dev interview.

love that. in most games you could hide behind a hocky net and you'd be protected.

propper cover penetration system is a really good thing. you could purchase armour pircing rounds and manage to kill a guy who is behind light cover. 

LOVE IT!

There are a lot of different versions of Altis Life, but I created the one which became well known and even today is quite popular. We were the first to add almost every major feature. Because it's a mod, a lot of that work has made its way to the other editions (viewable source code) now although the Asylum servers still lead the way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

There are a lot of different versions of Altis Life, but I created the one which became well known and even today is quite popular. We were the first to add almost every major feature. Because it's a mod, a lot of that work has made its way to the other editions (viewable source code) now although the Asylum servers still lead the way.

From what i'm hearing, this game will be innovative and amazing.

#ggGTA

• Like 1

But arent you afraid that gunplay will suffer due to most gun fights ending after 2 shots are fired?Doesnt seem to have much skill involved like DayZ.

Please be open to different ideas.I think Rust has gun fights nailed, its difficult but people have to take some shots before they go down, take a look if you dont know how it works on Rust

Could you please stop adding your logo to every reply you make, got old fast.I know you want to strike fear into people with you badass mafia or whatever but the game wont come out for 12 months so cool off a little.

31 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

Could you please stop adding your logo to every reply you make, got old fast.I know you want to strike fear into people with you badass mafia or whatever but the game wont come out for 12 months so cool off a little.

I think that might be his forum signature :D. I think anyone can upload a signature. We'll probably have to limit their size though.

And I would also like to point out that the game doesnt seem to have anything to do with the mafia so there is that.You can do whatever you want but it doesnt make much sense for a game that will take place in 2017.
I hope I dont seem too rude , I am just speaking my mind

6 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

I think the idea is good but it takes way too much space.

Limited signatures to 1 image per signature at 600x150 pixels. That should prevent too many annoying signatures on the forums!

Fabulous, are you replying to conversation or actually replying to like, the firefight And using cover stuff?

4 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

And I would also like to point out that the game doesnt seem to have anything to do with the mafia so there is that.You can do whatever you want but it doesnt make much sense for a game that will take place in 2017.
I hope I dont seem too rude , I am just speaking my mind

The mafia does exist. Just mostly in corrupt country's, like Mexico etc. Gangs are really, just a dumbed down version.

And could you think about a possibility to limit the amount of threads people make per day.Not in a too much of a rush with it since we dont have too many people at the moment but could be needed in the future

3 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Fabulous, are you replying to conversation or actually replying to like, the firefight And using cover stuff?

I was replying to PARATUS, what do you think about my idea yourself?Do you think people should die in 2 shots or more 

Personally, it's a forum to communicate and post ideas and think creatively on new things And possibilities, those signatures is wasting space my brotha-men

Just now, Fabulous said:

I was replying to PARATUS, what do you think about my idea yourself?Do you think people should die in 2 shots or more 

It depends. Two shots to the leg kill you?

Chest of say 2 shots unarmored is def kill. That's a drop to the ground and hope you don't bleed out unless it's upper chest which is like 30-45 sec lifespan at utmost maximum. Like 10 sec kills your lung.. You done.