FunktaGT

Internet on in-game computers

I believe it would be cool if you could have like an internet connection on your in-game computer and have some premade websites from the creators like social media, the official games website and more. It would also be cool if players could make and code their own websites that other people could visit. Also if you could make or register your company on some website.

Does anyone else think this would be a cool idea?

• Like 1

Hi, man. When I said social media I was reffering to facebook-twitter wannabes(ik that the developers aren't using real company logos) where you can add people in the game and chat with them through the computer. ;)

12 minutes ago, FunktaGT said:

Hi, man. When I said social media I was reffering to facebook-twitter wannabes(ik that the developers aren't using real company logos) where you can add people in the game and chat with them through the computer. ;)

There is an internet in the game, but not twitter. There's a facebook knockoff called "Facefile" as well as text messaging and checking your bank account. 

• Like 4

It would be nice to have a website for every town. 

Like the activities you can do in that place, some background information of the town and the locations of historical buildings, statues and as a example the location of the police station.

It would be also nice if there was a website where you could sign-up for a apartment and that you have to wait for 15 minutes before you could get it as a example. (As I think apartments are rental)

On 20/01/2018 at 12:38 PM, HairyGrenade said:

There is an internet in the game, but not twitter. There's a facebook knockoff called "Facefile" as well as text messaging and checking your bank account. 

So, can you just search for ANY member on the server and send them a message via FaceFile then? Or will you have to first send them a friend request and have them accept?

Also, in addition to FaceFile messaging, will there also be standard text messaging (or SMS texting) via your mobile phone? If so, how will that work? Will there be phone numbers or will it be a "name search" thing again? Or will you simply have to open FaceFile from your mobile to text? Or will there even be texting via the phone or will that be call only?

3 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

So, can you just search for ANY member on the server and send them a message via FaceFile then? Or will you have to first send them a friend request and have them accept?

Also, in addition to FaceFile messaging, will there also be standard text messaging (or SMS texting) via your mobile phone? If so, how will that work? Will there be phone numbers or will it be a "name search" thing again? Or will you simply have to open FaceFile from your mobile to text? Or will there even be texting via the phone or will that be call only?

Not sure if you need to be friends with them to message them, Beach Ball will ask on stream tomorrow! You have your own phone number, but it will use the same messaging system on the computer. 

Okay..? I just don't understand the whole texting thing on computers. Why do that when you can just whip out your phone on the go

4 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

Will there be phone numbers

Everyone gets their own unique phone number and yes you can text likely on the phone.

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Everyone gets their own unique phone number and yes you can text likely on the phone.

texting people that are on another server?

47 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

texting people that are on another server?

I am not too sure on that but it might be possible across official servers and would be a cool feature.

23 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

I am not too sure on that but it might be possible across official servers and would be a cool feature.

kriss kross