IDEN

What is your concern about Identity.

Before I start I want to say that I have a huge amount of faith in this project of Identity. 

The reason why I am making this post is so Motown and Paratus can see what some people are worried about and maybe they can answer some concerns so people get relief.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want the community of Identity to place a bit of their concerns about Identity.

I will start: 

My number one concern about identity would be: The trolls running around RDM-ing and messing around (The Devs have already said there would be a in-game mechanic to stop this but I am still very concerned as this would be a game breaking occurrence.)

Edited by IDEN
  • Like 2

My main issue is the crime to "normal" jobs ratio. Coming from GMod I know how often the mafia/BMD/etc. factions are chosen over chef or creating your own job as a civilian, and I hope it's the opposite with Identity and there's a healthy mix, if not more "normal" jobs than crime. Not that I expect there to be no crime, I just want to actually roleplay something other than being mugged or being taken hostage.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lpriml said:

My main issue is the crime to "normal" jobs ratio. Coming from GMod I know how often the mafia/BMD/etc. factions are chosen over chef or creating your own job as a civilian, and I hope it's the opposite with Identity and there's a healthy mix, if not more "normal" jobs than crime. Not that I expect there to be no crime, I just want to actually roleplay something other than being mugged or being taken hostage.

There will probably be more people who take the normal  jobs because there will be more people on a server than in dark rp.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lpriml said:

Well, i'm gonna be a stylist so add +1 to your "normal people" list.

My main concern is 'GTA syndrome'. The very last thing I want is for Identity to go down the road where it becomes little more than GTA Online with frills. I understand that it's a game, but at the same time I also understand that it has to be fun for everyone, once crime becomes the norm, once there is a kidnapping every twenty minutes, it'll get old fast. Crime will play a big part in the rise or fall of Identity, but if it gets to the point where the 'social' players stop logging in, then it'll be in trouble. I think to succeed, Identity is going to have to fully appeal to a broader range of play styles, and appeal to them in the long term & just like in real life, a high rate of crime is going to drive those players away. Hopefully a broad range of server types will sort that out, but I guess we'll see.

• Like 3

My main concern is the economy. What kind of system will they have that can detect scripted shit that gives you cash and of course, like above it is the gta syndrome.

Dm'ers, PG'ers, MG'ers, and RK'ers everything i'm sure every role-player loses sleep on in a role-playing game.

it would suck if there aren't squeakers (and older peoples that act like a kid). they want to enter your car, you say no and they shout. they start raging and you call the cops. it would suck if a hobo could own a superyacht, a golden ferrari and a skyscraper (script kiddies). there would be no reason to play it anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

Too much talk
No proof to back it up, thats my concern at the moment

Yeah, thats what I'm beginning to think at the moment... Town Module, is taking a very long time, and hardly any Screenshots as well..

@Fabulous @xIconikkx

Amen to that!

Don't want to be negative because this game will be great when it gets there, but how often does one read or hear that developers don't make it till the end...

2 hours ago, JackMcLoud said:

@Fabulous @xIconikkx

Amen to that!

Don't want to be negative because this game will be great when it gets there, but how often does one read or hear that developers don't make it till the end...

This is honestly my only concern.

Economy sounds like it will be laissez faire so no qualms there. 

Lots of players will be cops or have civilian jobs. 

Money is all server side so hackers can't do anything with that.

Really the only problem is if the game actually comes out. As much as I want the devs to be capable as it stands I'm skeptical.

Edited by uncannierlink

6 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

This is honestly my only concern.

Economy sounds like it will be laissez faire so no qualms there. 

Lots of players will be cops or have civilian jobs. 

Money is all server side so hackers can't do anything with that.

Really the only problem is if the game actually comes out. As much as I want the devs to be capable as it stands I'm skeptical.

day one patch

I don't want any negativity on this game. Because I really think this will be a amazing game. But... My hype, and hope is slowly dieing because of the lack of Screenshots, videos, etc. Even if its half finished. Its stuff to keep people entertained, Keep the hype going etc.

So... Hopefully soon they will start releasing Screenshots & Videos. I would be very pleased :D

• Like 2

The trailer was to come out months ago I have no idea what is taking so long
I think they are starting to understand that making a game is not as easy as they thought so they are delaying every peace of the project
I mean its not their fault cause its their first game but still, the promised too many things without knowing if they can deliver

9 hours ago, Fabulous said:

The trailer was to come out months ago I have no idea what is taking so long
I think they are starting to understand that making a game is not as easy as they thought so they are delaying every peace of the project
I mean its not their fault cause its their first game but still, the promised too many things without knowing if they can deliver

I don't know what you're talking about, they never gave any date for a second trailer, you can wait buddy.

Edited by KittyDeKarebu
  • Like 1

My concern is like most, I want screenshots, a new video. More information on what they have done, every 2 months maybe they give a report of what they have newly done in those months.

Edited by JamesLuck01
Grammar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

My concern is like most, I want screenshots, a new video. More information on what they have done, every 2 months maybe they give a report of what they have newly done in those months.

they might have a new video when the Town Square module comes out, showing the Town Square and other stuff they have been working on.

• Like 1

I dont have concerns i know this is scam. They make one slideshow video and start this project. Now everithing what they are doing are some sketches, many talks. They have programed absolutly nothing.

6 hours ago, Qwer28 said:

I dont have concerns i know this is scam. They make one slideshow video and start this project. Now everithing what they are doing are some sketches, many talks. They have programed absolutly nothing.

watch out! we have a badass lolz

They said a video/Trailer is Coming "Soon" but the problem is. When you don't give people regualar screenshots/videos. Everyone starts to get Nervous... Like me. I think this game is happening, But they are really busy at the moment. 

But... It quite litrually takes 2 minutes to upload a screenshot of a Work In Progress or Finished Asset. So it bugs me how we only get these small things like "Books" & "Dress" every month...

29 minutes ago, xIconikkx said:

They said a video/Trailer is Coming "Soon" but the problem is. When you don't give people regualar screenshots/videos. Everyone starts to get Nervous... Like me. I think this game is happening, But they are really busy at the moment. 

But... It quite litrually takes 2 minutes to upload a screenshot of a Work In Progress or Finished Asset. So it bugs me how we only get these small things like "Books" & "Dress" every month...

Well Hype doesn't build if you show the whole game before the beta even comes out

i think they should get a trello board. I use it as a checklist for my video game creation and will be really good to show what pieces of the game they are working on and they can tick them off when they are done so we know what they are doing and what has been completed

• Like 2

On 3/19/2016 at 3:51 AM, Qwer28 said:

Oh I totally agree with you.... just kidding get out. and learn to english.

• Like 2