Sign in to follow this  
IDEN

How the cops will be able to track illegal activites

I am kind of confused how the cops will keep track on some illegal activities. I asked some questions about it over twitter but i did not get a for certain answer. 

I am going to place a scenario and ask how the police will be able to know about the scenario. (For Motown or Paratus)

Say a person kills somebody in my group so I take him into a secluded area (Like a swamp) with no witnesses and kill him. 

If this happens how would the cops know about it?: (Explain the one that is right please)

1. Would they know i am the one who killed him off the bat?

2. Would they just know the general area of where he was killed?

3. Would they not be able to know at all because there were not any witnesses that reported it?

4. Other?

The reason why i am asking is because I personally think it would be better if it was choice 2 or 3, because if it is choice 1 then no criminal could actually thrive in the world of identity. It wouldn't really add immersion if the cops get a notification of who committed the crime without having an actual way of knowing that in real life. (It would also get quite boring)

Please answer when you have the chance.

Edited by IDEN

2 hours ago, BluePandaIta said:

3, it wouldn't be realistic as no one called 911

The reason why i placed that option in is because that is what altis life uses.

Edited by IDEN

This is subject to change, but as it stands right now there are a couple things to be considered here.

First, some crimes are automatically charged against you. This is necessary to keep people in check and help avoid the game becoming a big killing ground. That said, there is a threshold for certain crimes (each crime has a severity rating) which will not be automatically charged. In this case, someone who witnesses it literally has to contact 911 and will have the option to report the crime. Once reported, that person becomes wanted.

Now you mention that the police would be notified, but in this case even with a murder they would not be notified, you'd simply become wanted for a murder (which is a pretty serious matter). If a witness makes a report to 911 the police WOULD be notified.

There are some cases where killing someone has less of a severity in which case it would need to be reported, such as if you've killed someone in a rival gang or if the game determines a kill was likely in self-defense.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2016 at 6:50 PM, Paratus said:

This is subject to change, but as it stands right now there are a couple things to be considered here.

First, some crimes are automatically charged against you. This is necessary to keep people in check and help avoid the game becoming a big killing ground. That said, there is a threshold for certain crimes (each crime has a severity rating) which will not be automatically charged. In this case, someone who witnesses it literally has to contact 911 and will have the option to report the crime. Once reported, that person becomes wanted.

Now you mention that the police would be notified, but in this case even with a murder they would not be notified, you'd simply become wanted for a murder (which is a pretty serious matter). If a witness makes a report to 911 the police WOULD be notified.

There are some cases where killing someone has less of a severity in which case it would need to be reported, such as if you've killed someone in a rival gang or if the game determines a kill was likely in self-defense.

What about if you are selling drugs if you sell them to an NPC do automatically get charged or no?

34 minutes ago, LoneWolf1557 said:

What about if you are selling drugs if you sell them to an NPC do automatically get charged or no?

I think so.

It would be very nice if in the game there would be cameras placed in the city, available to the Police. Players will have to be scrupulous.

Edited by Facultates

I think that they can use the mapping system over how many criminal syndicates / groups that are made and they gather fingerprinters and collect data to get it to court and arrest them and so on.

That is why we have Detectives and such as lab personal.

This is what I believe.

On 1.3.2016 at 0:50 AM, Paratus said:

How will you avoid the abuse of 911 ?

On 3/12/2016 at 1:01 PM, LoneWolf1557 said:

This is likely something that would require the Police to catch you in the act of doing for a charge to be added manually.