spyder8647

off duty

7 minutes ago, spyder8647 said:

if I am a police officer and I am not working do I still get to carry my firearm for protection?

Nope! Unless you own your own firearm as a civilian. Keep in mind any weapon you carry will be visible to everyone and you need a gun license in order for it to not get taken away if a police officer stops you.

• Like 3

On 11/28/2017 at 11:56 AM, HairyGrenade said:

Nope! Unless you own your own firearm as a civilian. Keep in mind any weapon you carry will be visible to everyone and you need a gun license in order for it to not get taken away if a police officer stops you.

but if you are a police officer then you should already have a licenses. t defeats the whole purpose (well not all of it) of being a police officer.

8 hours ago, Caboose said:

but if you are a police officer then you should already have a licenses. t defeats the whole purpose (well not all of it) of being a police officer.

Not really, you are allowed to carry a gun on duty but not off duty. Police Officers are no except when Off Duty.

8 hours ago, Caboose said:

You have specific training to only use the weapons provided by the police department. Civilian guns are different so you will need a license. 

19 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Not really, you are allowed to carry a gun on duty but not off duty. Police Officers are no except when Off Duty.

19 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

You have specific training to only use the weapons provided by the police department. Civilian guns are different so you will need a license. 

well they would have to have a license before becoming a PO. and they get to take their gun home with them sooooo.... why would this be an issue?

im not trying to start anything im just trying to be as neutral as i can be

6 hours ago, Caboose said:

well they would have to have a license before becoming a PO. and they get to take their gun home with them sooooo.... why would this be an issue?

In this case you cannot take your uniform or equipment home when off duty.

11 hours ago, Caboose said:

When you go to the police station you will clock in allowing you to choose what you want to look like and giving you the equipment needed for your job, it'd be unfair to let them have a free gun to take home so when you clock out it all gets put up.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:56 AM, HairyGrenade said:

I can't carry a handgun inside my waistband or if its compact enough my pocket?

4 hours ago, Vinnie_Schmittburg said:

I can't carry a handgun inside my waistband or if its compact enough my pocket?

Any weapon you have in your inventory will be shown in a holster or sling.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 11/30/2017 at 8:54 PM, Caboose said:

No, in real life police officers are not required to have permits beforehand as the PD has a completely separate training than the regular civilian training. And the police officers that bring home firearms are the ones THEY own with THEIR permits.

Edited by YouKnowBro

On 12/1/2017 at 7:53 AM, HairyGrenade said:

When you go to the police station you will clock in allowing you to choose what you want to look like and giving you the equipment needed for your job, it'd be unfair to let them have a free gun to take home so when you clock out it all gets put up.

so if i am a civilian applying to be a PO, and i already have a gun and licences, can i use my "civilian" gun while on duty?

8 minutes ago, Caboose said:

so if i am a civilian applying to be a PO, and i already have a gun and licences, can i use my "civilian" gun while on duty?

No.

The main reason for not being allowed to use your own, civilian firearm whilst on-duty, is due to the real life situation that if an officer were to have lawful reason to open fire on an individual (God forbid that ever happens), the bullets and the firearm can be traced back to the handling officer. It's also important for if, again, God forbid it ever happens,  an officer were to unlawfully and wrongly open fire on an individual, the gun can be traced back.

The implementation of the requirement for police-standard issue firearms is for additional realism and so that there is no abuse of power.

Yes, there may be some who wish to roleplay as corrupt officers, and whilst this may be moderately allowed, to prevent everyone from signing up as a police officer and just trolling and being corrupt, it's important to have the realism of having police-standard issue firearms.

Hello Everyone,

I am sure that you have tons of people who are pubescent teens that come on here saying that they are some type of law-enforcement entity and of course they are just lying. 

However even though I am an avid gamer I do hold a position as a public safety officer in PA.  i’m not going to bore everybody with a long explanation of why  you should believe that I am a public safety officer.  I much rather people believe me by reading and understanding that i indeed have in-depth knowledge of my career.

When I heard about this game I would like to help out in anyway possible.

So with that being said I’m going to give my two cents about the above topic.

As a public safety officer I was not issued a firearm.  We were requested to purchase a firearm from a list of allowed duty weapons and we were to register them in our name and our department would  register the serial numbers in a book that is kept by our evidence custodian.

At the end of the day and we clock out we are able to keep our firearms and take them home with us for protection.  Of course we were supposed to have our concealed carry license and we were required to wear it in the waistband and not open carried. If we do decide to leave the barracks with our duty weapon we are required to keep our badges on us on a belt clip or inside the pocket just in case if emergencies arise.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with a lot of people on this forum when it comes to this situation.

In my honest opinion I believe that a police officer going off duty in Identity should be able to carry their firearm if they have a concealed carry license. Regardless if the firearm is registered to the police department or not.

I Believe that a off-duty officer should be able to carry their firearm.

This brings me to my next point there should be more than just on duty and off duty status.

There should be on duty, off duty, and on call status.  The on-call status would allow the police officer to be in plain-clothes with a badge displayed on their belt in their firearm concealed.

Thank you for your time, hope to hear from you guys soon!

2 hours ago, CharlieMoran said:

There should be on duty, off duty, and on call status.  The on-call status would allow the police officer to be in plain-clothes with a badge displayed on their belt in their firearm concealed.

The point where you have it perfect for real life. However, there is no "Plain Clothed Officers" including "Undercover Officers" as also when off duty if you act and kill in Identity, you will be wanted for Murder regardless to if you are a police officer acting in a emergency. The devs want to keep a clear distinction between "Cops and Criminals/ Civilians" and so the Officer when On duty has a uniform. He cannot arrest or kill in situations of emergencies and claim a "on call" status. He won't be paid for being Off duty and well we cannot have it where people abuse the situation byy going like they are undercover and acting in plain clothes because that is to one sided.

42 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The point where you have it perfect for real life. However, there is no "Plain Clothed Officers" including "Undercover Officers" as also when off duty if you act and kill in Identity, you will be wanted for Murder regardless to if you are a police officer acting in a emergency. The devs want to keep a clear distinction between "Cops and Criminals/ Civilians" and so the Officer when On duty has a uniform. He cannot arrest or kill in situations of emergencies and claim a "on call" status. He won't be paid for being Off duty and well we cannot have it where people abuse the situation byy going like they are undercover and acting in plain clothes because that is to one sided.

I completely understand what you are saying. However, I have read in a couple of posts that we are going for realism. I am sure if the devs look at it from the perspective of a real police officer they would see that it is important to have this type of status implemented.

If a police officer shoots and kills in Idenity they have to justify why they did so. It’s not easy to just put some one down and say “ I am on call.” That’s not how it works.

I am certainly not attempting to argue with anyone. If it’s not implemented in the game at first it may be a good idea to look into in the future as a update or DLC.

The balancing of this would be self explanatory. They have to justify why they shot the Criminal/ Civilian.

If they cant articulate why the acted in such a way them they will reprimanded or arrested for a slue of different crimes.

30 minutes ago, CharlieMoran said:

I completely understand what you are saying. However, I have read in a couple of posts that we are going for realism. I am sure if the devs look at it from the perspective of a real police officer they would see that it is important to have this type of status implemented.

If a police officer shoots and kills in Idenity they have to justify why they did so. It’s not easy to just put some one down and say “ I am on call.” That’s not how it works.

I am certainly not attempting to argue with anyone. If it’s not implemented in the game at first it may be a good idea to look into in the future as a update or DLC.

The balancing of this would be self explanatory. They have to justify why they shot the Criminal/ Civilian.

If they cant articulate why the acted in such a way them they will reprimanded or arrested for a slue of different crimes.

This will still be abused and well it will never be balanced particularly because police have that advantage anyways and the devs won't change the fact they want a clear distinction between Cops and Criminals and that is certainly why undercover cop is not in the game. The devs are going for realism but cannot have every good feature and so sacrifices are made for the better and not for the worse. I have to admit I would love to see it in the game in the far fetched future but I still thinkit is on a no side more than yes in that distant future.

19 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

This will still be abused and well it will never be balanced particularly because police have that advantage anyways and the devs won't change the fact they want a clear distinction between Cops and Criminals and that is certainly why undercover cop is not in the game. The devs are going for realism but cannot have every good feature and so sacrifices are made for the better and not for the worse. I have to admit I would love to see it in the game in the far fetched future but I still thinkit is on a no side more than yes in that distant future.

We will see what the future hold. Thanks for your opinion.

I would love to see the concept of off duty cops, though maybe not with guns.
It'd give a bit more flair to the game.

On 28/11/2017 at 4:56 PM, HairyGrenade said:

Doesn't being a police officer grant you a license to carry off duty anyway??  **Never mind, answered already.  ;)

Who issues the gun license to carry?  And how hard is it to get?

Edited by Sipowicz
statement was made already.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:29 PM, LuckyDuck said:

Since I am not aware of the game mechanics...if, as an officer, you "clock out" at the precinct, you are now off duty.  Do you walk out of the station and to your car to drive home?  If so, what would stop the bad guys from "spawn trapping" the HQ and killing us as we leave the station unarmed??

11 minutes ago, Sipowicz said:

Since I am not aware of the game mechanics...if, as an officer, you "clock out" at the precinct, you are now off duty.  Do you walk out of the station and to your car to drive home?  If so, what would stop the bad guys from "spawn trapping" the HQ and killing us as we leave the station unarmed??

Any armed criminals will likely get in troubles. The stress system would greatly decrease RDM (Random death match), hence making anyone wearing firearms become much more stressed and take more damage. It would also make sense that they would put stairs in front that will prevent any vehicles to block the access to the entrance.

• Like 1