subway244

A question about gameplay . . . (2 paragraphs)

I have been following Identity for a little while, and I have seen people ask questions similar to the one I have.  I play Garry's Mod DarkRP and GTA V Online.  In both games, the servers are filled with people who go around and harass other players constantly and/or kill everyone on the server.  Multiple times when I have tried to defend myself, I am "warned" for breaking some bullcrap rule.  The moderators actually break the rules themselves and then end up punishing me.  To keep this brief, the servers are corrupted, and the moderators never do anything about it.  When I play Identity, I would expect that pushing a bookcase against the door to prevent a burglar from entering, arresting someone harassing another player in the streets, defending myself when attacked, or returning to my death position 5 minutes after I die is "legal" with the "rules."

With that being said, my hope is that, at least on the official servers, there is good moderation.  I want to walk down the street in Identity and not have worry about someone running up and blowing up me and my friends who are around me.  The only reason I am mentioning Identity in the same post as GMod DarkRP and GTA V Online is because I suspect that communities from both of those games will one day invade Identity, and, without the proper control and security, they will ruin it, just like they have done with DarkRP and GTA V Online.  I would like to make a suggestion that a "button" be created that could be pressed to automatically summon a moderator to a player's position, without the delay of having to call and wait for them.  People who abuse the "button" can get a warning.  I just don't want to see such a magnificent and extraordinary game as Identity be ruined by trolls.  Thank you so much for your consideration of my suggestion and for developing such a great game.

49 minutes ago, subway244 said:

I have been following Identity for a little while, and I have seen people ask questions similar to the one I have.  I play Garry's Mod DarkRP and GTA V Online.  In both games, the servers are filled with people who go around and harass other players constantly and/or kill everyone on the server.  Multiple times when I have tried to defend myself, I am "warned" for breaking some bullcrap rule.  The moderators actually break the rules themselves and then end up punishing me.  To keep this brief, the servers are corrupted, and the moderators never do anything about it.  When I play Identity, I would expect that pushing a bookcase against the door to prevent a burglar from entering, arresting someone harassing another player in the streets, defending myself when attacked, or returning to my death position 5 minutes after I die is "legal" with the "rules."

NLR is not a rule on Official servers but it will be handled by a game mechanic on them. The game mechanic is if you died within 1 kilometre of your house/ apartment etc then you will not be able to spawn there, but will have to spawn further away and travel to said place. This is to prevent you from being able to instantly kill the guy who killed you when you spawn. 

RDM is not a rule and is also controlled by a game mechanic which is known as the stress system. If you have low stress, then you will not die quickly e.g. 4 magazines of bullets will be how many bullets you can take before you die. That being said, the guy who is holding the gun against you will have a maxed out stress and that means is vulnerable to being killed e.g. giving you a chance to kill the guy when he is reloading or something.

You cannot enter anyone's house/ apartment without being invited by the owner, e.g. No raiding homes by anyone including cops as it is known as a safe zone.

56 minutes ago, subway244 said:

With that being said, my hope is that, at least on the official servers, there is good moderation.  I want to walk down the street in Identity and not have worry about someone running up and blowing up me and my friends who are around me.  The only reason I am mentioning Identity in the same post as GMod DarkRP and GTA V Online is because I suspect that communities from both of those games will one day invade Identity, and, without the proper control and security, they will ruin it, just like they have done with DarkRP and GTA V Online.  I would like to make a suggestion that a "button" be created that could be pressed to automatically summon a moderator to a player's position, without the delay of having to call and wait for them.  People who abuse the "button" can get a warning.  I just don't want to see such a magnificent and extraordinary game as Identity be ruined by trolls.  Thank you so much for your consideration of my suggestion and for developing such a great game.

There is a report system and so you will be able to report people but Moderators will not be on all the time and will not be able to respond instantly and well they could be busy. However and the Official servers will not be as equipped as the Private servers to enforce rules and that is why Game mechanics are in the place to do that instead.

Official servers will be a "Casual RP" setting and not a "Serious or Hardcore" setting like you might want. Private servers will be able to set rules and all staff on private servers are volunteers.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

14 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

NLR is not a rule on Official servers but it will be handled by a game mechanic on them. The game mechanic is if you died within 1 kilometre of your house/ apartment etc then you will not be able to spawn there, but will have to spawn further away and travel to said place. This is to prevent you from being able to instantly kill the guy who killed you when you spawn. 

RDM is not a rule and is also controlled by a game mechanic which is known as the stress system. If you have low stress, then you will not die quickly e.g. 4 magazines of bullets will be how many bullets you can take before you die. That being said, the guy who is holding the gun against you will have a maxed out stress and that means is vulnerable to being killed e.g. giving you a chance to kill the guy when he is reloading or something.

You cannot enter anyone's house/ apartment without being invited by the owner, e.g. No raiding homes by anyone including cops as it is known as a safe zone.

There is a report system and so you will be able to report people but Moderators will not be on all the time and will not be able to respond instantly and well they could be busy. However and the Official servers will not be as equipped as the Private servers to enforce rules and that is why Game mechanics are in the place to do that instead.

Official servers will be a "Casual RP" setting and not a "Serious or Hardcore" setting like you might want. Private servers will be able to set rules and all staff on private servers are volunteers.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 6:56 PM, subway244 said:

You will never find a legitimate roleplay server on DarkRP, on Gmod a good RP server is Santos RP. As for GTA 5 Online, no one will ever RP there so you will have to download FiveM, look it up its great. A great FiveM server is Department Of Justice Roleplay. The reason why these servers are great is because they are whitelisted, both of them require you to sign up of their website and have a minimum age requirement of 16. If your looking for a non-whitelisted FiveM server, my favorite is BadlandsRP. This should be enough to tie anyone over until town square. 

19 hours ago, YaboyJax said:

You will never find a legitimate roleplay server on DarkRP, on Gmod a good RP server is Santos RP. As for GTA 5 Online, no one will ever RP there so you will have to download FiveM, look it up its great. A great FiveM server is Department Of Justice Roleplay. The reason why these servers are great is because they are whitelisted, both of them require you to sign up of their website and have a minimum age requirement of 16. If your looking for a non-whitelisted FiveM server, my favorite is BadlandsRP. This should be enough to tie anyone over until town square. 

I'll look into the Santos RP. I guess I can't download FiveM because I have GTA V on PS4.

6 hours ago, subway244 said:

I'll look into the Santos RP. I guess I can't download FiveM because I have GTA V on PS4.

santosrp is pretty fun

Not serious in the way of setting up businesses really, but fun reguardless

and the stress system seems flawed or abusable 

Edited by Vinnie_Schmittburg

41 minutes ago, Vinnie_Schmittburg said:

santosrp is pretty fun

Not serious in the way of setting up businesses really, but fun reguardless

and the stress system seems flawed or abusable 

How so?

15 hours ago, PrinceChawmin said:

How so?

putting your hands up just before a firefight to gain an advantage due to low stress levels, ect. all depending on how quickly they rise

but I'm not the devs, I don't have any experience of how it works, so I'm pretty confident they'll get it working well

On 11/26/2017 at 6:16 PM, subway244 said:

PM me we can hangout on GTA