ItsRaiden

The Identity (CH.2)(Book Series VOL 1)

Warning: (Anything written in this series book is not directly related to Identity RPG but a mere fictional book that attempts to tell a story within identities universe. Anything written in this book is not an accurate depiction of the identity universe but a mere speculation of identity, any references are not confirmed to exist in Identity and it is not to be mistaken for anything you might experience in game.)

LINK:CHAPTER ONE CAN BE READ HERE

Chapter Two
"Merle"

Fuck me! Yes, just fuck me!. You know what, why doesn't the whole world fucks me! Sorry, i cant help but to cuss into the world as i sit next to an obnoxious douche playing the banjo in the subway. Like, i have this inner hatred towards individuals who pretend their banjo playing is what keeps the world turning. Its ten in the morning on a Tuesday and the last thing i need is this melodic tune that seems to always end on a high pitch cord. As this bearded, cowboy hat wearing country looking person playing the banjo you can hear the off pitch of an aged instrument. Has life come to this? Who am i kidding, this whole town has some interesting and often then not weird characters. This playing tune that rings in my ear is slow, soft and has the vibes of depresion. Yet, he sings on. He sings as if the world has come to gathered to hear his performance. I bet he can imagine in his mind the stage light glossing off his dirty grey beard entertaining a crowd of not so loving morning goers and business men. He sing and we listen.

"I wasn't born for digging deep holes
I'm not made for paving long roads
I ain't cut out to climb high line poles
But I'm pretty good at drinking beer"

Typical backwoods, middle of no where, cowboy boots wearing and chewing tobacco son of a b*tch.  My soul cries out for him to stop singing into the world of depressing drunks and low life's. As he sings his second verse i can only feel the atmosphere begin to cloud with a sinking thought that i could die in this subway and the last thing i would have known, is this hag and his drinking addiction. Please make it stop.

"I'm not the type to work in a bank
I'm no good at slapping on paint
Don't have a knack for making motors crank, no
But I'm pretty good at drinking beer "

As the train is coming to a stop he looks at my annoyed face as he stands preparing to exit. Of course he would have exited in Richland. A small town in the middle of the boondocks. If you love country then this would be your home. Please exit to the world of drunks and the smell of cow manure. Truly "paradise" said no one ever.

About a hour later my stop comes to Turtle Beach. I begin to slowly get up from a very discomfort ride to say the least. Eagerly to get some investigations i quickly get off the train. As i make my way through the morning crowds of the subway station i dart towards a near restroom as i catch a glimpse of it. There, i begin to fix my make up and readjust my "cup holders" if you will, to a comfortable place. I can only help but notice my slim but curvy body in the mirror as sport this bright orange two piece bathing suit complimented with a dark summer scarf. This outfit has beach babe written all over it. My sandals and  summer hat go along with this new pocket book specifically made for the beach. I wear my black sunglasses as it gives me some what of a hidden identity. As i make my final preparations before i head out to turtle beach. I'm no model but i take care of myself. I work out at least once a day and only eat vegan foods. Co-workers often refer to me as the grass eating lady when i take to work my specially made vegan lunch meals. Besides, Lee thinks my vegan habits are different but unique. Cute, but he fells to realize the mass killings of poor innocent animals. Horrifying event as i have dedicated a weekly column to this issue in the Daily Globe's newspaper.

Tasked with investigating illegal turtle poaching i find myself but ten yards from Turtle Beach. The name says it all. Home to our beautiful turtles as many can witness them on the beach. I look into the distance as i seem many enjoying its beautiful powder white sand and clean coast line. The smell of sea and the sounds of birds are echoed in the distance. What a beautiful clear sky to sit out on a blanket to catch a tan. As tempting it is i have to remind myself my purpose of coming here. Whoever is killing these precious turtles is making a big buck. Enough to have the coast guard under its payroll. If i can only take some pictures and capture some clear evidence of ships illegal poaching act this should raise national news and whistle blow this whole operation to the ears of criminal investigators and public officials.

I make my way onto the sand while taking my sandals off to feel the warm soft sand. Digging my feet into the sand beneath i begin to imagine how life could be on these shores. I close my eyes and lift my head to the bright sun as i imagine having this shore as my back yard. I hope one day I could perhaps own a house on this beach. Who am i kidding though? This is a big dream for a low paying journalist. If only i had majored in business as i initially intended then maybe this could be possible. My life however guided me to write for the press about issues i so much am passionate about . Educating the world on important issues. Raising awareness on issues that can impact our life on earth in a negative way. Did you know if turtle beaches go extinct we could face huge ecological changes that could disrupt the chain in which mother nature operates? You welcome, now you know.

Deep in my thoughts i lay my blanket out drawn from my hand bag. I take a rest as i open a new book i bought called "Twenty Shades". Its erotic novel about a powerful business man with some dark sexual fantasies he endures with his assistant. This book has gotten women going nuts. My inner wild side cant help but be curious  about this book and all the fuss people have been blabbering about. Besides, i don't often get to read novels, as i spend most of my time reading publications from various news outlets. It feels good to have a moment to yourself. This book is my little secret. I could never tell anyone about this. A educated journalist reads sex fantasy books would have office head lines screaming. Well, we to have fantasies i just hope mine comes to reality.

As time passes by i glance to the horizon to notice a huge ship in the distance. I retrieve a pair of binoculars from my bag and focus in. Hardly able to see, i can immediately point out a fishery boat. With its distinct cranes adjusting to drop their fish nets. I instantly get up and gather my belonging hoping i could get a closer look. I dart to the docks to catch a ferry heading for Roseport, as it can give me a better view. As i make it the docks i am greeted by a tanned young man noticing my eagerness to get on his ferry.

"Hello, miss would you like to ride my ferry back to Roseport? Its only but thirty dollars."  He says as he looks at me with a sales smile on his face hoping i would say yes. Of course the money isn't an issue but i would hope the ferry gets close enough allowing me to snap some pictures of the ship.

"Sure, ill take a ferry. Can i ask you a question?"
"Go ahead, anything for you" he smiles.
I lift my hand and point to the ship "Can you take me closer to that ship please?"
A bit confused his heavy Russian accent becomes more noticeable.
"Well, i suppose i can do this, But it costs more money for special request."
 Irritated of him trying to juice me of more money gets visible on my face.
"Fine, but how much will this cost?" i open my wallet and gesture what i assume was an appropriate amount. He quickly replies as his face looks disappointed.
"Well, i can do this for one hundred dollars"
"Really?" Annoyed i retrieve seventy dollars to hand him a total of a one hundred as requested. As i step forward to make my onto the ferry he shakes his head in a dissatisfying motion. He then raises his index finger and gestures.
"No no, my dear thirty for the ride and extra one hundred for request"
"Unbelievable" I sigh in unbelief to his foreign demeanor motioning an extra thirty dollars to him. As he closes the gate to the fairy he begins to whistle in an obnoxious tune  then stops to utter an announcement to only but a couple of passengers.
"All aboard! Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Niko's ferry rides. All enjoy beautiful ride please make sure you no bother me as this boat can be hard to operate. Also please do no throw trash overboard, i charge fifty dollars for violations. Thank you and enjoy." 
As Niko finishes his announcement i gesture to him an urgent motion with my hands. He nods back in irritation as he begins to sail us close to the ship.Anticipation sets in as i speculate what ill discover. Only but a single picture of an illegal act will have every news outlet buzzing questions at public officials.

Being lost in my thoughts i get a light tap on my shoulder as i  focus in on the ship with my camera.
"Miss this is as far as i can take you, we cant go any closer."
Confused i turn around and quickly reply "But, why? I paid you Niko!"
He looks and says with a stutter beat and a deep swallow. "This- this ship is no good. I can not get to close"
Confused at the sudden urgency i try to convince him otherwise.
"Niko, i paid you for this. Is there something you not telling me? I can pay you more money if that's what you need."
"Keep your money. I just can not take you any closer, this is as far as i can take you. I give you five minutes before i change course to Roseport, finish up please!"
His change of attitude is something that begins to worry me. I turn back to the ship raising my camera to refocus as i try and keep a steady shot from the  rocking ferry. Hardly able to see, i manage to snap a few photos of the sailors on deck. As the flash goes off i notice but slightly the sailors turn to point something towards the ferry. As i get a closer look it vividly appears to be a sailors monocular. I snap more photos hoping to get every moment of the ship while it has its nets ready to be dropped in the sea. Then, suddenly immediately after the flash i feel  a hand grab me by the shoulder. As  my weight shifts to the ground with a disturbed yelling voice in my ear screaming." MISS GET DOWN!"
I get knocked to the ground as i feel Niko on top of me. My adrenaline automatically rushes as my heart begins to beat harder. As i hear but wisps of what sounds like bullets tearing through the ferry's tarp. Niko quickly gets up and changes course as he kicks the high gears of his ferry while at the same time he shouts.
"Everyone stay down We have to get out of here. Do not get up!"
I lay on the ground as fear begins to chill my body into a state of shock. I can but only vaguely look at Niko with a sense of urgency drawn onto his face. As he sails the boat away i begin to slowly faint as i can only hear an echoing noise of the commotion while the persisting crackling sound of a rifle dispenses in the air.

My eyes turn to the sky before shutting. I faint as my eyes close while the world turns dark.
I can see myself as a child playing in the yard. waving to my neighboring friend Tommy as he plays with a kite. In a state of slow motion this reminds me of a time where life had meaning. We played till the sun came down only to get up in the morning and do it all over again. As the slow but tuning of my head i see my mother on the porch bringing cookies to me. My father rocking in his chair drinking his favorite beer as his image as his image had not changed from reality. A drunk alcoholic whose anger could sometimes be seen as abuse. This image however is one that i clearly remember. My 11th birthday as i remember the cookies being hot and the sounds of kids play echoing in my head. I couldn't help but drift deeper into this day as i remember the fun i once lived as a kid. Running on the fresh green grass i slowly hear a voice in the sky.
"Miss! Miss!"
As the voice begins to get audible and my faint slowly begins to fade. I find a young face looking at me. Clear skin with a russian accent.
"Miss you ok? Everything is ok, we are safe." I come to my senses only to see a nervous Niko looking at me. I slowly get up only to see Paramedics assessing what seems to be a light wound on my arm. I get up from the ground with a small buzz in my head. As i answer the questions thrown at me i see a figure in a suit approach.
"Miss. My name is Detective Carter with the Roseport police department, could you explain what happened?"
I slowly push out some words. "I was... I was shot at. Then there were loud voices. I cant seem to remember exactly." Slowly my memory of the event begins to crawl back. "I was looking at a ship with my camera before suddenly we were shot at. Luckily Niko saved my life and knocked me to the ground"
"Did you happen to see any sort of identification signs that could help us locate the ship? Perhaps a name or flag?"
"No, Everything happened so fast."
The detective quickly replies "Very well, we will continue our investigation."

After, everyone departed Niko remained behind looking to talk.
"Niko, thank you."
"Oh no no no, no worry. I save you miss, this cost you more. Perhaps you can tell me what pretty girl like you wants to take pictures of the Bratva's ships? This very dangerous Miss. No, good"
As i caught on to what Niko said i could only but begin unload questions.
"You said Bratva? Who are the Bratva?  Why did they shoot at us? Who the fuck are you?" I utter as i pull out my little notepad and a pen to begin writing. Niko slowly puts his hand on the notepad and whispers into my ear.
"Miss, we can not talk here. Come with me"

I follow Niko off the ferry as we made our way out of the Roseport docks. Eagerly i follow hoping to find out what he knows. As Niko takes me on walk down the street from the docks he cuts into an alleyway only to have stopped with his back turned to me. He turns as he slowly leans against the wall while he pulls out a pack of cigarettes. He places one in his mouth as he lights it and takes a hard drag. He then exhales as he begins to gather his words.
"Miss." I get closer as the smoke from his cigarette slowly raises into the air.
"The Bratvas are part of the Russian mafia. You should not mess with these guys. I, use to be part of this organization that did business with them. After a few bad deals with the Bratvas, i left the organization i was with. This is dangerous business. Why you try to take pictures?"
I lean in closer "I am investigating illegal poaching. I am a journalist at the Daily Globe. I have to write a story about this. Someone has to shine light on this sort of illegal activity"
"This is very dangerous" He quickly replies" Trust me, you don't want to do this. If, they find out you are trying to uncover there activities they will come after you" He takes a drag of his cigarette pausing his words to exhale. "I have dealt with the Bratvas."
"Please Niko tell me everything you know!"
He sighs in frustration "Look, i don't like what these guys do but you cant stop them alone. They have big operations. Turtle poaching is only but a piece of their work. They have drug operations in Ash Hill and every week they import illegal arms to be sold into the black market. My organization use to buy illegal guns from them. However, this has gotten worse."
"how worse?"
"Well, a few of my old sources have said there is a nuclear war head circulating in the black market."
In disbelief i take a step back. Realizing this was bigger then just turtle poaching. I started to feel a sense of fear. I never felt like this in my life. If Niko is telling me the truth then i could only get drawn closer to investigating who exactly are the key players. Not knowing if what he is saying is true i couldn't help but to think what could happen if such warhead gets in the wrong hands.
Niko begins to slowly walk away. I rush after him with more questions.
"Niko! Hold on." He turns with nothing more to say.
"I need your help with this investigation, I know you don't want part of this Niko but someone has to put an end to this. Why has law enforcement done nothing about this?"
Niko looks at me as if he wants to cut this conversations short. However, the look on his eyes begin to tell me otherwise.
"Miss, if you think no one is trying to stop these guys then i suggest you leave now and never return to this city. I can tell you that there is people trying to, but when you fight against the devil only God can help you. These peoples have government ties. They pay off politicians, lobbyist and even Law enforcement. If there is anyone that can stop their operations they are most likely under their pay. You wont just be fighting them. You will be fighting a corrupt system. If you remember the rigged elections then you can see how that happened"
"The Russians rigged the elections?"
"You're catching on. Everyone knows this but are afraid to speak. These people are dangerous Miss."
"Then tell me why did your organization do business with them?"
"Sorry, Miss i can not speak much more. If you want to find out more visit me in Ash Hill you can find my restaurant on Stockton Road next to the post office. If you can make it there this Friday i can introduce you to some people you may have an interest in. If you decide to come do not bring any cell phones."
"No cell phones?"
"Don't worry miss everything will make sense."

Niko quickly departs the alleyway leaving me in a state of confusion. This was certainly a lot to take in at once. Confused on what to do i could only lean against the wall and look into the sky. What i thought would have been a simple investigation has now turned into the world being in danger? I wonder if i have it in me to continue with this. I never had been shot at before. I can only fear what they will do next if they catch me snooping around their operations. I've never felt danger like this. Yet, still a part of me is drawn closer to this danger. Could it be my passion for the truth? Or could it be ignorant curiosity? If, i am to continue with this i can only rely on one person.
I reach for my cell phone in my bag and dial a number. After a few rings a soothing shy voice greets me as i urgently utter back.
"Lee! We need to talk! The Bratvas are here!"

Edited by ItsRaiden
  • Like 1

@Paratus @Motown when i finish this book you can copy and paste it into the game as this is a community gift. I wont keep it to long just 5 chapters. I hope this can be the first book to be published in-game.. :) also let me know if you want any cuss words filtered out as i have but only lightly begun this chapter with a few cuss words to portray the characters frustration while she sits next to an obnoxious banjo player. LOL Love this community and hope you guys don't rush the development. I much would rather see a complete project then a alpha beta that's broken! Stay blessed Asylum Entertainment we love you all!

Edited by ItsRaiden

thank you so much. I may continue the story... :)

On 9/27/2018 at 9:43 PM, Dejiax said:

I read the whole thing and I think it is amazing! Good job!
Bump!