DrivenMuffin

*Earning Money in Identity*

In reality society is divided into wealth classifications and in order to function properly requires population distribution to correlate with income.

For example let's say we have $1,000,000 ID (Identity Dollars) created by the government at the beginning of the server's life and soon after about $900,000 ID is in circulation leaving $100,000 ID under people's mattresses (not in economy circulation). Depending on the elected political party and their economic policies our wealth distribution may alter so let's just assume the server is a capitalist economy much like that of the United States of America. 

According to an article posted prior to President Obama's 2014 State of the Union Address, the top wealthiest 1% possess 40% of the nation's wealth whilst the bottom 80% own 7%. This means that in theory with the current economic system $360,000 ID will be controlled by 1% of the player population leaving $540,000 ID left for the other 99% of players. 

Now where I am getting at is based on one of the strongest economies in the world that has proven to work in the western hemisphere for generations, a majority of players will require innovation to, hard-work to, or maybe will never, achieve their financial goals in-game. Of course money supply will be greater than $1,000,000 ID but the principles are the same. I will be curious to see how they develop the economic system of the game as this unique game idea truly has never been done before.

I am presuming that income will be manifested within the world through in-game earnings, such as "$100 has been earned during this hour", in order to prevent wealth from being hoarded by a small percentage of the game's population.

11 hours ago, DLimit said:

I am presuming that income will be manifested within the world through in-game earnings, such as "$100 has been earned during this hour", in order to prevent wealth from being hoarded by a small percentage of the game's population.

Payments won't be hourly and will be "Job by Job" basis and so if you don't do a job then you earn $0.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Payments won't be hourly and will be "Job by Job" basis and so if you don't do a job then you earn $0.

As it should be.

• Like 1

Some type of money sinks will be required other than rent. Car maintenance, property tax, etc. Otherwise people will naturally begin to horde cash and when enough is in circlation the server will either have to generate more  ( inflation ) or let the economy stagnate. But I am.interested in seeing it all play out myself. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 7:51 PM, CreatureGaming said:

Some type of money sinks will be required other than rent. Car maintenance, property tax, etc. Otherwise people will naturally begin to horde cash and when enough is in circlation the server will either have to generate more  ( inflation ) or let the economy stagnate. But I am.interested in seeing it all play out myself. 

easy way to combat this is to allow financing. Credit card for the cheaper stuff and bank loan for the more expensive stuff. That way people wont be stock piling their cash to buy expensive items. heard you have to buy stuff in full though. it was specifically said about houses, so wonder if you can have a car on payments. 

On 11/18/2017 at 5:51 AM, CreatureGaming said:

Am what, no. Realism wise, yeah, but gameplay-wise having passive negative income isn't cool.

Western Hemisphere & International banks just print endless amounts of money though in relation to the federal reserves, so there's not a locked or set amount of money in any economy.

From what it sounds like as discussed in Q&A's, there will be "drug dealer NPC's" in set locations... this in it of itself will pretty much function like a bank/mint/reserve... one produces drugs, sells them, makes money appear out of thin air, just like the banks do.

Edited by stickNmove