ItsRaiden

The Identity (CH.1)(Book Series VOL 1)

Vote  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more content like this?

Warning: (Anything written in this series book is not directly related to Identity RPG but a mere fictional book that attempts to tell a story within identities universe. Anything written in this book is not an accurate depiction of the identity universe but a mere speculation of identity, any references are not confirmed to exist in Identity and it is not to be mistaken for anything you might experience in game.)

Chapter One
Lee Yang

It's a vibrant morning in Roseport. The sun is high the birds are chirping and the sidewalks are busy. As my apartment window is open, i can smell the fresh scent of baked goods below. My ears fill with the noise of ships arriving at the port and fishermen voices at loud. Its a beautiful day as i begin to yawn out of bed. I start my day off with a fresh brew of coffee that i picked up from Marcos Coffee Company. I must say, its the best in town. With a  variety of beans to choose from you can never go wrong with the Italian roast. I recently moved to Roseport from Los Santos and i have already gotten a pretty quick start. I work as a  journalist at The Daily Globe. With rising crime rates and corrupt politicians in Roseport there will never be a day with out a story to tell.
  Having lived in the city only a few weeks now. I have fallen in love with this place. The best place to visit is the Town square, with its shopping malls and busy foot traffic. Anything you'd wish to find would be right down there.
 As i pore my coffee i cant help but notice the obnoxious alarm going off whilst  the door bell ringing in an agitated rhythm. I swing the door open to see the fresh milk delivered at my feet as expected. If you're from anywhere else in the world such thing would be foreign, but here in Roseport its a common service. It's convenient to get milk when you don't have to leave the house. Besides, Market Goods is a busy and  often hectic grocery store. Good luck attempting to get to the refrigerated isle while soccer moms plague the store with there loud and unruly kids.
  I quickly put on my business casuals as i prepare for work on a busy Monday. If you ever experience Monday traffic like ours, you too would be concerned of the rising population. In just a few weeks hundreds have moved to Roseport coming from all parts of the world. An interesting phenomena and one i am eager to discover. I mean, what happened that the population of Roseport increased tremendously? My boss, John, speculates its do to the rising cost of living in some parts of the world, along with Aldorria's immigration law. Who knew promoting foreign policy and immigration would get Aldorria on the map. Roseport the capital is over populated at the moment. So, i  choose to ride my bicycle to work. I would say i am a zero emissions guy, as i don't own a car. I must say Roseport is a city that appeals to cyclist over motor operators. With its expanding bike lanes and strict traffic laws the number of cyclist has increased. Besides, who would want to be stuck in traffic for two hours on a twenty mile commute to work? Not me, that's for damn sure.

There it is the Daily Globe. The place where ill spend the next eight hours getting yelled at by my boss because of late published columns. I mean seriously they need to lay off me for a bit, but that's what i get looking to work at the number one news outlet in the country. We cover it all, from the corrupted elections of 2016, to the economic crisis of 2017. We are in for a record breaking year if we manage to cover these small gang groups popping up in the western part of the country. Gang wars have always been a hot topic. One, hot enough to drive me up the wall and drive others out of Ash Hill. Currently major players are embarking in major crime moves. Something the west has never seen before. We are talking about extortion, drug trafficking, prostitution, and whatever makes money illegally. Most likely you'll see it on the west side. Politicians have always said when population increase so does the crime rate. Who knows what will happen if this thing continues to Roseport.

I park my bike in front of the building as i am greeted by the security guard whose name i always forget. Bob? Bill? Who the hell knows.
"Good morning Lee" he says as if he knew me more then just my name. Seriously i have never stopped to talk to that guy and yet, he always greets me. His over weight belly and messy light brown hair is off putting. Where did we find him? I should probably learn his name one day when i am not running late for work- again. Remember when i said cycling is better then driving? well, it use to, until all these new immigrants showed up in Roseport clogging up the bike lane.
   As i scan my badge five minutes late at the employ portal, i notice a figure at the corner of my eye. As i turned to the figure i immediately notice one of my bosses looking at me with the sort of face your grandmother makes when you tell her the cookies weren't good.
"Five minutes late? whats your explanation this time?" she utters with a death stare. I figured if you complement her she would ease off the stare.
"Good morning Sandra" I pretend to sniff the perfume scent in the air. "I love your perfume today, what is it?".
"Dont try to avoid my question" she quickly replies.
"Yes, i was late but i need to really get going to work. You wouldn't want me to be late on getting these stories published would you? By the way your hair looks great today. You should give your salons number. Maybe i could get me a high fade... they-do fades right?" slowly avoiding eye contact as i awkwardly slide away.
"Always with the compliments Lee. Very well, i hope to see your lousy story on my desk by noon" As she motions to leave she stops to finish with. "Oh, and thank you on the compliments. The salon is called NATEDOOS ask for Nate he does an amazing job." with a serious smile and a cold face she finally takes off into her office.

I quickly depart to the third floor via the stairs. Everyone knows you make sure you sweat a little; before you enter the third floor. If your coworkers see you not sweating when you're running late they tend to have this disappointing look on their faces. Oh and they look down on you as if you're a scum of the earth. I like to also complete some jumping jacks right before the third floor as it makes my sense of urgency more believable.

The Daily Globe is the heart of Roseport. You cant miss the huge spherical globe that sits on top of this massive skyscraper. Massive, but yet it doesn't compare to New York's skyscrapers. Shame, because it sure does look huge when you're on the 20th floor. The offices are clean and it resembles a call center but with out the depressing cubicles. Instead you see rows of desks and everyone just typing away at their computers while working in harmony to produce the top stories of Aldorria.
   I manage to reach my desk to find some silly written notes my work friends like to make when i am late. The notes mostly read "loser, loser get to work on time" and "Did you ever find a girlfriend? i hear Betty is single" Betty isn't a real person but a mere inside joke of a very large woman whose name is Betty, yea don't ask. Josh and Merle need to lay off the notes. As i  am clearly the better journalist here. I am often tasked to write about Ash Hills declined economy? Boring! Seriously what a boring topic. I mean its the third year in a row politicians have managed to let Ash Hills economy into the dump. This impressing poor performance the city has put up each quarter makes for an interesting topic, one that i would not want to write. My luck huh.  Unfortunately, i have no say so on what stories i may be tasked to write. That's up to John. Our boss with the very creepy look. His little bald spot on top of his head doesn't help his case. He has managed to creep out every female employ and yet he still works here. What a mystery!

I gather all my reports on Ash Hills economy as i rush into the editors office while beating my friend Merle to the door.
"Wow, fast to the door but slow to work? Wonder what you were doing last night" she then gestures to a derogatory remark evolving my male parts with my hand in a rhythmic disgusting but at the same time pleasurable motion. You get the picture.
"Seriously, Merle not in front of John, you know he can still fire you!"
 "indeed i could fire you... reports please!" John shouts as he gets up from his desk with his palms and belly over the desk waiting to be handed our reports. Handing them over i sit down as Merle chooses to stand adjusting her poster as she prepares to get vocal.
"John, i just wanted to let you know i think i have found out what really happened to the missing boats in Roseport..."
As John looks up from my reports he starts to focus onto Merle. I sit there patiently waiting my turn noticing the awful dusty office John works in. I cant help focus more on his dusty earth globe, dusty bookshelf and as i look closer to his dusty keyboards my eyes happened to notice on the left of his computer a box of half eaten dozen of donuts. Seriously do the janitors hate him too?
"Go on Merle what did you find?"
Merle musters out her words "Well, you see the boats actually didn't go missing."
"Is that right?" John leans forward in interest only to have been blocked by his imploded belly. Talk about glazed donuts.
"Yes, reports from sources within the coast guard have noticed ships changing course before sailing to the port."
"Have they tracked where they're heading to?" he replies as he slowly grabs a doughnut from the box.
"Well, it appears a spokesperson for the coast guard has actually hinted that these boats are heading towards Turtle Beach."
Confused John mumbles with a mouth full as he slowly begins to lick his finger with out completely munching down his doughnut.
"Turtle beach?"
"Yes, Turtle Beach." Merle quickly replies as she begins to get slightly agitated with John's professionalism.
With a loud swallow and a blink in his eyes he responds with. "Why would fishery boats head to Turtle Beach?"
She replies as if she had just uncovered a huge mystery. "Turtle Poaching! It appears some fishery boats are avoiding the coast guard by not docking in Roseport and instead they head south to Turtle Beach to participate in illegal poaching. Then, once they are done, they head back to Roseport with the turtles hidden inside larger fish.  " 
"Why don't they inspect the fish?" I mentally face palm my brain as i could see that illogical question coming a mile away.
"You see the fish companies in Roseport have the coast guard on there payroll. Hence the coast guard turns a blind eye." she takes a deep breath and sits back awaiting Johns reaction.
In a slow suspenseful demeanor John stands up as bits of crumbles fall from his tie.
"This is great work Merle! I need you and Lee to work together on finding out who is behind all this poaching and how they managed to get the coast guard on their payroll" he looks at me as with the sort of face that would hint towards a favor.. "I need you to stop being late. You'll help Merle investigate this story. Have this issue published on Sundays paper. Headlined 'Poachers Strike the Turtles, Coast Guard turns Blind" In an awkward pause we stare at John to see his awkward hand gesture . Crickets playing in my mind i looked over at Merle thinking she would frown hard but instead she had a little smile on her that complicated my readings of her. Did she like the headline? or did she get astound by Johns goofy hand gesture? Who knows.
"Oh, Lee I'd like for you to begin by grabbing my coffee, you'll find me at my desk. You work for me now!" playfully laughing as we exit the office .

As my deep thoughts fade on what just happened  i enter the employ break room and notice Josh throwing his flirt moves at the new girl Sara. He quickly notices me and darts me way with the kind of smirk only a rolling stone could wear.
He whispers"I think Sara has the hots for me my man." he quickly looks to see if Sara exited the room as he catches a shy glimpse of her curvy bottom.
"You think everyone has the hots for you Josh, you should probably not poke the new girls and actually get some work done."
Josh comes back "Did someone get all hurt cause they got a new boss?" he says with a mockery mopey face.
"What? How-Did you find out?"
"Well you do know Merle is a loud mouth."He chuckles as if he told me something new.
"Yup, we know how she gets. I just don't want to mess this up. I mean what am i saying? I..."
i started to think what i was going to say but realized i should keep some things secret. One  thing  im certain about is that Josh and Merle have one thing in common, they love to gossip.  Found that out the hard way at a Christmas party when i made out with an ex-coworker as half of the office was reliving a Christmas miracle in the other room. Long story short don't slap belly's in an office full of snakes. Poor girl never showed up to work again.

"Look Lee i know you don't like to work with people but Merle is a good journalist and plus she is hot so knock this out of the park or her if you know what i mean!"
Josh flashes me his signature wink as he walks away like a Don in the office. I swear he thinks he is some kind of hotshot around here. He certainly looks the part with his blonde and pretty boy face. Built tall like a model with a lean body and decently muscular torso i often wondered why he even works here when he could easy get a job that fits him. One thing he has is looks with no brains. kinda like a runner with no shoes.

As i place the coffee on Merle's desk she flicks her brunette hair as  she gives me a smile and slowly undresses my soul with her light brown eyes.
"Ah, thank you, please sit." She grabs the hot mug with both hands and begins to gather her lips close to the mug cooling the coffee with her soft blows which then she pauses to take a light elegant sip only but burns her tongue slightly..
"Merle, i think we should be able to knock this one out of the park ayh?"
with a light pause in thought she smiles and says.
"This whole story could be a huge headline Lee so we'll have to work extra after work" Not sure what she is implying i quickly get some words out.
"Whatever you need boss." as my voice cracks i recover with a cheesy smile.
"Stoooop it."  she drags her words then recovers her pitch from what may had seem flirty.  "I am not your boss. We are partners. We will work together on this. Oh and we will definitely have to meet at my place Friday night to go over what we have found so far. So, get your investigations in before hand"
"Your place?" Not knowing how to proceed with such request.
"Yes, my place or would you prefer somewhere else?" I thought of my apartment as it got "Typical Bachelor" written all over it. I quickly tried to stutter some words only to get cut off.
"We could go somewhere else if you're allergic to my two cats, Whiskers and Bob. Don't worry they wont bite."
Completely frozen like a deer in headlights i managed to get a word in "Uhh, yea cats are fine..." I hadn't have a girl over my place since moving here. I didnt really know what to expect. I couldn't help but think how embarrassing it would have been if she seen my apartment. It has  boy written all over it with some iconic decor that only a kid would know about. The thought echoed in my head but quickly rejected. Besides my places isn't much of an attraction. Its only a one bedroom and its by the docks often loud ship horns wake me up in the morning. As i space out in my thoughts she quickly places her mug down.
"In the mean time we should probably get back to work." As i get up to walk away she adds "Lee don't forget Friday ill text you my address!"
"I wont."

I walk away as if i was a teenage boy talking to my crush. I didn't really know how to handle the situation. Ive never been invited to a girls house before. As much as i wanted to ignore the natural feeling downstairs i couldn't help but to float back to my desk on a cloud of fantasy. Imagining some things that i am not proud of at this very moment. Her house though? I mean why Her house? Why couldn't we go to a coffee shop or maybe even a park. That's normal right? Two adults getting work done at a park in the evening? All i can hope for is that i don't make this awkward. I never really been good with the ladies. Definitely not like Josh. Perhaps i could ask Josh what to do but his loud mouth would have everybody in the office laughing. I cant let anyone know. As I drift back to my desk  I took a seat allowing my mind wonder into places i don't often get to visit in real life. I don't know why i imagined her and i, but the pure fantasy begun to operate on its own as my mind drifted in pleasure land.

Edited by ItsRaiden
  • Like 4
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Thank you, i am a bit late on CH2 just cant seem to find time writing its in rough draft, i just need to edit. I think you guys will love chapter 2.