Luxtar

Pediction for March 2018

This game has had many delays and I do not think that will change now, so my prediction for March 2018 is the game will not see the light on that date and if it does not be promised. I know that the fans that do not rush the developers will want to lynch me but it does not matter because that does not change the reality of the events. I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is not a scam and that at some point they join to demand their rights as buyers and fervent followers of this project to which we have dedicated time, money and passion. It's okay not to rush it, but I have not seen any real or big progress since the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRNcFpad9hU which was released almost a year ago and we have not been given any real view of Town Square since it is almost one year old at 89% WE HAVE GIVEN TURNS IN CIRCLE.

Edited by Luxtar
  • Like 3

This is the first legitimate date the developers have announced, the only other time was a rough estimate but was miscalculated. You seem to be misinformed. Tell me why you think this is a scam? do you watch the developer streams, read the dev blogs, interact with the developers on discord, etc? I am assuming you're not calling yourself a fervent follower who has dedicated time, money and passion, because you joined on Wednesday, and have 2 post's, this being one of them.
I am not sure how one could still think it's a scam after legitimately watching someone develop content for the game you wish isn't a scam.
The big progress since then was getting our team into an office and the hiring process, and finally releasing a tangible release date. The percentage for the Town Square Module isn't micromanaged, it will jump to 100% once its out.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 2

I believe we should not get stuck onto that time they have given us but I believe they would not of given us a confirmed release date unless they could manage it.

2 hours ago, Luxtar said:

This game has had many delays and I do not think that will change now, so my prediction for March 2018 is the game will not see the light on that date and if it does not be promised. I know that the fans that do not rush the developers will want to lynch me but it does not matter because that does not change the reality of the events. I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is not a scam and that at some point they join to demand their rights as buyers and fervent followers of this project to which we have dedicated time, money and passion. It's okay not to rush it, but I have not seen any real or big progress since the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRNcFpad9hU which was released almost a year ago and we have not been given any real view of Town Square since it is almost one year old at 89% WE HAVE GIVEN TURNS IN CIRCLE.

I believe @Beach_Ball is working on that YouTube video since Paratus has his hands full.

There is literally one of the artists who is starting to basically stream the entire time he is modeling because he saw how many people where into that type of thing. You can literally watch him.

• Like 1

At first they were a very small team of 3 devs working on the game.

What happened was that Town Square was originally supposed to be its own isolated thing. But later they discovered that they can save much time by using Town Square as a baseline for future modules, it took longer but if done right, it should significantly cut time spent on modules 2 and 3. So it wont take years to develop.

March 21 2018 is a realistic date that they can achieve now. They've denoted a good amount of time to both creating and playtesting. That being said, all businesses encounter hiccups from time to time, like if a systems programmer falls super ill for like a week while working on something critical to development progress. They've definitely given themselves a good buffer with this date, but there's always the aspect of the unknown that could delay things. BUT they're working crazy hard to meet this deadline, as fulfilling deadlines most certainly builds confidence.

Also - every tuesday and thursday they're streaming progress on 3D Art, animations and things on their channel twitch.tv/identityrpg. You can watch Jade's (one of the Devs / Artists) stream as well as he's streaming like everyday on new models twitch.tv/leetperkins

Once Town Square is released, the percentage goes up from 89% to 100%.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Isaac said:

At first they were a very small team of 3 devs working on the game.

What happened was that Town Square was originally supposed to be its own isolated thing. But later they discovered that they can save much time by using Town Square as a baseline for future modules, it took longer but if done right, it should significantly cut time spent on modules 2 and 3. So it wont take years to develop.

March 21 2018 is a realistic date that they can achieve now. They've denoted a good amount of time to both creating and playtesting. That being said, all businesses encounter hiccups from time to time, like if a systems programmer falls super ill for like a week while working on something critical to development progress. They've definitely given themselves a good buffer with this date, but there's always the aspect of the unknown that could delay things. BUT they're working crazy hard to meet this deadline, as fulfilling deadlines most certainly builds confidence.

Also - every tuesday and thursday they're streaming progress on 3D Art, animations and things on their channel twitch.tv/identityrpg. You can watch Jade's (one of the Devs / Artists) stream as well as he's streaming like everyday on new models twitch.tv/leetperkins

Thanks for your comment, but are you trying to convince me or to convince yourself that they will not fail again with the release date and that if they do it is for a good and reasonable reason which will be for the better?
They may retract a bit and accept it, but they should not promise things they can not fulfill.
But it is good we will see what happens in March 2018 and if the project is as promised but I know that even if the game does not come out or leave with problems, they will continue supporting it like a flock of sheep. Be careful with blind faith.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 2:40 AM, Narc said:

This is the first legitimate date the developers have announced, the only other time was a rough estimate but was miscalculated. You seem to be misinformed. Tell me why you think this is a scam? do you watch the developer streams, read the dev blogs, interact with the developers on discord, etc? I am assuming you're not calling yourself a fervent follower who has dedicated time, money and passion, because you joined on Wednesday, and have 2 post's, this being one of them.
I am not sure how one could still think it's a scam after legitimately watching someone develop content for the game you wish isn't a scam.
The big progress since then was getting our team into an office and the hiring process, and finally releasing a tangible release date. The percentage for the Town Square Module isn't micromanaged, it will jump to 100% once its out.

agreed, i admit I've had a few times where I've felt unsure about this game but i know deep down it will be great, but to call it a scam without any proof is just childish skepticism at best, i haven't been pledged since the start or following for the last few years because i only found out about identity in December last year but I've showed the devs i'm eager to back them by backing the full $500 and like the majority of people i know identity will be the game we've all wanted to play, sorry luxtar as much as you're entitled to your opinion you're wrong on this matter

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

On 03/11/2017 at 2:32 AM, Luxtar said:

I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is not a scam

For lots of people @Jade the developer is living proof of this game not being a scam.  He streams himself, spending 5+ hours a day making amazing, detailed items for the game, every single day.  He has a family, with kids, pets and his wife, and he expressed plans to move to California to join the Devs in the office.  With all the proof of work coming out and getting a better insight into their life, it has really come to the point where if this was a scam, I would be REALLY surprised.  Honestly, I think there is no chance the game is a scam.  This is a new type of game, and it will take a long time to fully make if they are going to make it right.  I know lots of people hate that phrase, but it is true. 

Edited by Dominic_

People are no doubt going to be sketched at such a revolutionary game, at first I didn't put money forward until I kenned it wasn't a scam so I don't blame others for not putting there money down as well. Regarding the release date it seems plausible but don't be surprised if it gets delayed by a week or a few.

Edited by Intr
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

agreed, i admit I've had a few times where I've felt unsure about this game but i know deep down it will be great, but to call it a scam without any proof is just childish skepticism at best, i haven't been pledged since the start or following for the last few years because i only found out about identity in December last year but I've showed the devs i'm eager to back them by backing the full $500 and like the majority of people i know identity will be the game we've all wanted to play, sorry luxtar as much as you're entitled to your opinion you're wrong on this matter

On 4/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, Dominic_ said:

For lots of people @Jade the developer is living proof of this game not being a scam.  He streams himself, spending 5+ hours a day making amazing, detailed items for the game, every single day.  He has a family, with kids, pets and his wife, and he expressed plans to move to California to join the Devs in the office.  With all the proof of work coming out and getting a better insight into their life, it has really come to the point where if this was a scam, I would be REALLY surprised.  Honestly, I think there is no chance the game is a scam.  This is a new type of game, and it will take a long time to fully make if they are going to make it right.  I know lots of people hate that phrase, but it is true. 

On 4/11/2017 at 8:50 PM, Intr said:

People are no doubt going to be sketched at such a revolutionary game, at first I didn't put money forward until I kenned it wasn't a scam so I don't blame others for not putting there money down as well. Regarding the release date it seems plausible but don't be surprised if it gets delayed by a week or a few.

In this last year they have only shown images that you can do in a few minutes in the unreal engine 4, shortly a year will be completed since they released a video of something "functional" that by the way, is done in less than 1 week. I just want to believe like you, but I need something tangible, as for example in The Sims always take a demo so that one can see the costumes and create their characters, since IDENTITY is almost ready only 3 months of its official release could do something So for those who have the founder package with access to the beta, it would be incredible.
This methodology would also serve to call more people to the community and join the developers.
And if the idea of the demo of designing the characters is very cliche they could let the beta accesses try offline the apartment they designed for the video a year ago, since that point is supposed to be ready. That would make me a believer.

• Like 1

No amount of video footage will ever be enough until the game is out. If watching a developer creating assets for the game isn't good enough, nothing can be besides release.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 10:52 PM, Narc said:

No amount of video footage will ever be enough until the game is out. If watching a developer creating assets for the game isn't good enough, nothing can be besides release.

I think what the OP is trying to get at is they will be more likely to become a believer of the game if they are able to see videos of the systems of the game working, like how they made the apartment video earlier this year. I think he has no problem understanding that they are working on the game, but are they working towards finishing up systems and/or are they completed with them. He wants to see more tangible evidence that the game is at a point the developers say it is, and generally that's how most people shop. I hope over the next couple of months the devs are able to show you the proof you need, but for now I'm happy with ya just chilling in the forums. @Luxtar

They said that when the apartment video came out, and now back to saying they want more evidence. It wont end till its out. Developers have specifically said, don't pledge until your comfortable doing so. They are well aware the more content they release the more people will see it, but if its not ready, its not ready, they have their reasons for not having the video out yet, one being they want a good first impression because most people who havent heard of the game will judge their opinion on the game when they release the next video, so it has to be perfect.

Edited by Narc

On 11/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, Luxtar said:

I understand what you are saying, but I don't understand why you felt the need to post this. There is almost a new thread created every day saying this exact same thing. I'm not going to "lynch you", but I honestly don't think you have anything to gain making a new topic explaining how this upsets you. I know a lot of people don't feel great about the 1st module release date. I admit, it is farther out than I would like, but I am happy that they at least came through and gave us a solid date to look forward to.

You know as well as I do, once March 21st comes, and the 1st module is released, none of us will care about this anymore. All of the griping and disappointment will turn into sheer joy when we take our first steps into the Identity world. :)  

• Like 1

This must be his 1st Early Access game, since most now are the same with delay's, It just means they trying to fix and improve something they thought would be done in time, but don't want to give us a rushed gameplay we end up hating because it hardly work's, Because impatient people want it now.

On 11/7/2017 at 2:34 AM, Luxtar said:

In this last year they have only shown images that you can do in a few minutes in the unreal engine 4, shortly a year will be completed since they released a video of something "functional" that by the way, is done in less than 1 week. I just want to believe like you, but I need something tangible, as for example in The Sims always take a demo so that one can see the costumes and create their characters, since IDENTITY is almost ready only 3 months of its official release could do something So for those who have the founder package with access to the beta, it would be incredible.
This methodology would also serve to call more people to the community and join the developers.
And if the idea of the demo of designing the characters is very cliche they could let the beta accesses try offline the apartment they designed for the video a year ago, since that point is supposed to be ready. That would make me a believer.

Okay so, here's the thing. You do not have the first clue about anything that is or isn't happening behind the scenes at Asylum beyond what you have been told by the developers themselves. So, at best, you are making a very uneducated guess and, at worst, you are just making it up. I'd point out the inaccurate parts of your posts, but since you've ignored several people who have already do exactly that, I'll not bother.

Like almost everyone who makes posts just like this one you seem to know little or nothing about game development & even less about Asylum. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but SURELY you should at least get your facts right first.

1 hour ago, Jinx said:

Okay so, here's the thing. You do not have the first clue about anything that is or isn't happening behind the scenes at Asylum beyond what you have been told by the developers themselves. So, at best, you are making a very uneducated guess and, at worst, you are just making it up. I'd point out the inaccurate parts of your posts, but since you've ignored several people who have already do exactly that, I'll not bother.

Like almost everyone who makes posts just like this one you seem to know little or nothing about game development & even less about Asylum. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but SURELY you should at least get your facts right first.

Amen to that, I've pointed out at least twice how flawed his logic is and all he's said is "hur de dur the devs aren't doing anything" and other ridiculous claims he can't back up, sure have an opinion, but don't make assumptions or claims unless you can prove it, I honestly think at this point he's just complaining for the sake of complaining and even when the game releases he'll probably be one of those people who is never satisfied 

Edit: this guy has barely been a member for a fortnight and he's done nothing but whinge and whine about things he can't back up, frankly people would do well to just ignore him, he's never going to stop and even when The devs do something he wants he'll find something else to whine about

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

i have pledged over $200. ima let it ride, this game wiill be well worth the wait once its released. and i would prefer them to take time and make it something worth $200.