elDunco

Townsquare Module Housing

Just read in the newsletter today about when Townsquare is dropping. One thing I wanted to get clarified was the statement:

"Everyone will have access to a tiny apartment, but those who pledged for higher rewards will be able to check out and decorate their larger spaces."

Does this mean lower level pledges will get a space but not have the ability to customize? Is the "larger space" considered the apartments shown in the demo videos? 

Sorry if this has already been addressed in another post. 

6 minutes ago, elDunco said:

Just read in the newsletter today about when Townsquare is dropping. One thing I wanted to get clarified was the statement:

"Everyone will have access to a tiny apartment, but those who pledged for higher rewards will be able to check out and decorate their larger spaces."

Does this mean lower level pledges will get a space but not have the ability to customize? Is the "larger space" considered the apartments shown in the demo videos? 

Sorry if this has already been addressed in another post. 

Hey there, I see where the confusion is and so I will explain it.

Everyone who has goes in the 1st module will have access to the apartments e.g. the ones without the apartment pledge will get a temporary access to try out the customisation in that space of the lower tier apartment e.g. studio apartment and then the higher pledgers will get access to their "Larger spaces" e.g. the larger apartments within their pledge rewards.

Everyone will be able to customise the apartments but those with higher pledges will get a bigger apartment space to customise because it is their pledge apartment.

I hope this helps.

Okay. So I'll get a temp apartment to play with during the module phase but when the game fully drops I'll be out on the streets?

6 minutes ago, elDunco said:

Okay. So I'll get a temp apartment to play with during the module phase but when the game fully drops I'll be out on the streets?

you'll be in a hotel i beleive

10 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

you'll be in a hotel i beleive

Ah well that's pretty nice. Homeless shelters would be a bit too cut throat for just starting out I guess :P

Gotta get my grind on for that first apartment then. I'll be doing caricatures and custom art pieces when the game drops so look out for the scruffy dude with the canvases. RPing the starving artist not too far off of real life ;)

Edited by elDunco

25 minutes ago, elDunco said:

Ah well that's pretty nice. Homeless shelters would be a bit too cut throat for just starting out I guess :P

Gotta get my grind on for that first apartment then. I'll be doing caricatures and custom art pieces when the game drops so look out for the scruffy dude with the canvases. RPing the starving artist not too far off of real life ;)

Just so you know I hope you're aware that prices in identity will heavily reflect real life, if you're going to grind a job and save up you aren't going to just get an apartment within a week, you'll be spending ages working a job just like real life

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Just so you know I hope you're aware that prices in identity will heavily reflect real life, if you're going to grind a job and save up you aren't going to just get an apartment within a week, you'll be spending ages working a job just like real life

Oh I wasn't expecting to get housing that fast at all. I fully expected to be a vagrant for a good while.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

apartment should be easy. house not so much. luckily i think i get a 2 bedroom apartment so i might rent it out and live in a car lol

scratch that, forgot you cant rent out apartments.

Edited by Frostybeans

6 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

apartment should be easy. house not so much. luckily i think i get a 2 bedroom apartment so i might rent it out and live in a car lol

scratch that, forgot you cant rent out apartments.

That's odd? I thought you could rent out a spare room in apartments? I know you can for houses 

21 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

That's odd? I thought you could rent out a spare room in apartments? I know you can for houses 

trust me i aint to happy about it. but i had a link to the dev twitch that they said you can own multiple apartments but cant rent them out, but you can only own 1 house but they can be rented. feels backwards to me, but thats right from the horses mouth

3 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

trust me i aint to happy about it. but i had a link to the dev twitch that they said you can own multiple apartments but cant rent them out, but you can only own 1 house but they can be rented. feels backwards to me, but thats right from the horses mouth

If anything that seems pointless, what's the point in owning multiple apartments if you can't rent them out? Likewise with houses if you can rent them out why restrict people to just one? The logic just doesn't add up 

4 hours ago, elDunco said:

You will get a free apartment to customize. 

12 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

If that's the case it'll be a low end apartment with one room and barely anything to add, personally I think if people haven't pledged for a high enough tier they should have a hotel room temporarily and either pay for an extended stay via a job or end up homeless, it's real life 

17 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

If anything that seems pointless, what's the point in owning multiple apartments if you can't rent them out? Likewise with houses if you can rent them out why restrict people to just one? The logic just doesn't add up 

Our reasoning for this is that we don't want people who can afford to buy apartment spaces through microtransactions to have an advantage in the game. If you were able to rent out the apartments, which you may have gotten through a pledge/MT, you could then translate that into in-game currency through rental income. We've got to consider all angles to make sure everything remains as fair and balanced as possible.

You can have multiple people living in an apartment, though! And you can have more than one apartment for access to your stuff in different areas of the world.

• Like 4

It makes sense that you can't rent out an apartment but you can rent out a house you own.  Being said that you can share an apartment with multiple people, can you share a house? Also, if you live with someone else in an apartment, how would customization work?  Would it come from the person paying rent, or can currency and items be shared to rent and buy items for the house?  Also, can we throw house parties? That has been a big thing in a lot of games with player owned houses. It is also a good way to meet people. Adding to that, if we can have house parties, can we look at/trade each other's paintings, clothes, and any other home items. 

On 2017.11.1. at 10:24 PM, HairyGrenade said:

Is the apartment going to be permanent or just through the beta?

14 minutes ago, FilthyPotato said:

Is the apartment going to be permanent or just through the beta?

Just through the modules to try out the customization part of the game! :) 

26 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Just through the modules to try out the customization part of the game! :) 

Excellent, that's how it should be because in real life you don't get anything for free, if you don't pledge for a reward that includes an apartment then you should either have temporary accommodation or just straight up be on the street, this isn't intended to be harsh just my opinion

• Like 1