Orbiit

Thoughts on the release date?

How do you feel that the Town Square Module is being released in March?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel that the Town Square Module is being released in March?

• I'm completely fine with it.
    • I wish it was earlier, so I'm disappointed.
    • I'm angry!
    • I'm losing interest rapidly in this game...
    • It's alright, I guess?

What are your guys' thoughts on the release date for the town square module? If you haven't heard, the Town Square Module will be released on March 21, 2018. We are around 5 months away from the town square module. Are you guys happy about this or not? Let me know what your opinions are! Personally, I'm a little bummed out that the town square is being released so long from now, but I'm sure that it will be worth the wait.

I would have preffered they dont date drop tbh and they date drop when its ready IMO. The actual date itself if released then, i dont mind

Hopefully they go through with their release date, in the meanwhile, I'll be playing rocket league lol

Glad I refunded is all I can say. Feel free to quote me on this but I don't think It will be March 21st either. I've been right two times in a row so far.

• Like 1

Tbh I think it's really shitty how close they say there are and make us wait next dev blog for s release date of s release date for something that should be out. And we have to wait 4 more months..and it's not guaranteed. They better be showing a shit ton of gameplay in these four months. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gabzo said:

If they where anything but close i wouldnt believe them.

Well to be frank, the devs said they were "polishing up" the last bit of gameplay and buildings in Town Square back in July of last year, I know sometimes it might not be that close, but they made it sound like they were almost completely done with it and would be ready by Q1 2017. I know a lot of factors play in, but the big problem is that the devs shouldn't be giving estimates if they are not sure about being able to meet them, it would suck to see them back themselves into another corner because of a self assigned deadline or estimate, but I have hope that they will keep their word this time, as they say "Only time will tell"

• Like 1

@NanoSpace I totally agree, as I've said in other posts, especially with game development, I prefer if they just drop it as a surprise IMO. No promises, just keep the work progress updated and then in one of the dev blogs be like "oh and btw, forgot to mention...we released the next module" etc. That's how I prefer it. But yeah what's done is done. I knew Q1 2017 wasn't going to be ready they didn't seem anything close to it. Hope they will be now because dates are important to stick to, we were now given a date. 

• Like 1

I know it's going to be a lot of work for their team.  But with their new employees and the plans they have set, I don't think they can say it will be set to a later date. This is ONLY the Town Square Module!  Being in the same building with more experienced people in multiple fields, hopefully they learn from each other and progress faster than they think. They probably are taking their time checking to make sure everything is near perfect and that's respectable, but hopefully they can produce more especially with the new 3D Designer that they are excited to have and the new Developer. Good Luck to their team as we all wait for the release of more content and updates. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the Town Square also is the foundation for the rest of the game, so the modules after Town Square will be released faster.

• Like 2

Honestly I'm completely cool with it. From what I've seen in my few minutes of stopping by the development streams everything is looking quite astonishing actually. Long as the game is amazing by the time it comes out I'm cool with it. Plus Module One is basically gonna be a walking simulator with a few activities in the mix so it doesn't matter too much when module one comes out. The sooner Module One is done though, the sooner we get into the real interesting stuff.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Discorded said:

They better be showing a shit ton of gameplay in these four months. 

yeah I agree

10 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

Well to be frank, the devs said they were "polishing up" the last bit of gameplay and buildings in Town Square back in July of last year, I know sometimes it might not be that close, but they made it sound like they were almost completely done with it and would be ready by Q1 2017.

true, let's hope they keep their promise for the release date of the town square module now

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

Well to be frank, the devs said they were "polishing up" the last bit of gameplay and buildings in Town Square back in July of last year, I know sometimes it might not be that close, but they made it sound like they were almost completely done with it and would be ready by Q1 2017.

^ i brought this up before and was told very aggressively several times that i was basically "Wrongly paraphrasing" 

I wish it was earlier but, i understand why is so late, and i really don't mind waiting for this great RPG. :)

• Like 1

I think what a lot of people forget is that when the game was announced there was basically nothing but ideas, development started soon after building it up from scratch (which is why the first module has been taking so long.) Not only that, but the Town Square has been redone SEVERAL times, if you look at the TS page under the "About" tab, those are very old pictures of what it used to look like. 

• Like 5

On 11/3/2017 at 6:42 AM, HairyGrenade said:

Not only that, but the Town Square has been redone SEVERAL times, if you look at the TS page under the "About" tab, those are very old pictures of what it used to look like. 

Damn, I thought the town square module was only redone once haha

personally i think it's great, they've spent a lot of time working on it and now have the confidence to say it's being released on the 21st march next year, it's not a million years away and it'll be worth it when it comes 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stripedalucard said:

is it sad that I did the voice as I read it

Not at all i did the same thing lmao