20 hours ago, Dominic_ said:

I have hope they will make it, and even if they don't it will probably be for the better - I just want to make sure they do a good job so it isn't bad when it does come out

It really wouldn't be. 

What they need to do is stop giving dates/months out when stuff will get released because they're clearly struggling to stick to them. Giving people rough dates and then not delivering is hurting them more than if they were to deliver it and there be a bug or some issue. We all know the modules aren't the finished project and are the earliest of early testing modules so anyone who would even bother to complain about something isn't worth it anyway. 

• Like 3

I see two problems here, the first problem is that the devs (Perhaps due to to inexperience) feel the need to announce deadlines and release dates in advance when clearly this is their first attempt at creating a major game.  Those who have experience being in similar circumstances know just how difficult it is to set deadlines when you're attempting something major for the first time and doing it all on your own.  In my opinion the devs should stop announcing precise dates and only discuss their current progress rate.

The second problem is that the fans, perhaps also due to inexperience, want to hold the devs accountable to their previous announcements without understanding what I said in the previous paragraph.  Some take this to an even more extreme level and consider the devs missing deadlines as proof that the project is a hoax.  

Once again both sides (Devs and fans) don't have enough experience to know not to expect things to be 100% done by a certain date announced in advance.  There are just too many unforeseen factors that can come up to delay even the most elementary aspect of the project.

• Like 3

I agree with some of the posts.

The biggest issue is that they keep giving dates, I think that if they harvested the power of surprise and just decided to drop it, yes people at first would be frustrated with the lack of information, but it would give a better effect then missing deadlines. I really suggest that anyone who makes a game does this. Every time I see a date, I don't get excited, I become discouraged. I wish they would just say...oh btw, Townsquare is up for download, forgot to mention. That would have been hilarious and awesome. But oh well, now to hope they give out the date.

Also, the community seems to be on the younger side, they might even be people who haven't backed games and who haven't seen how development can be. There is nothing wrong with this, but you do come to expect a lot more. I have learned that each company has their own set of issues but generally, the one thing I find common is the time is usually underestimated. That being said, I've seen that all the time in the gaming industry.

Edited by gabzo
Spelling/Grammar
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eli_the_legend said:

I cannot freakin wait!!!!!! Dam I  hope they  release  the module  soon 

Same :D Been checking literally every day and will keep doing so until it comes out!  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eli_the_legend said:

bruh I'll find you in the module lol

Yeah! I'll remember your name haha

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gamepilz said:

Should change the name of this topic to "2 days left"  (UTC +1)

Done :D

On 10/28/2017 at 1:07 PM, Rasko said:

I have to be honest, while I would like a release date, I'm just excited about this game in general. I came from console gaming to PC for games just like this. So far, I haven't found anything that fit what I was looking for until now. They are going to either give us a release date or they aren't, and I'm ok with that.......for now.  :D

They'll probably release a statement tomorrow as sort of a "trick or treat". At least it'd be kinda cool if they did :P 

So, I was originally planning on posting "Just 1 day to go!", however, after reading many of the posts on this thread, I just have to clear some things up.

Firstly, the following quote is exactly right!

On 28/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, BobbyL said:

Stop rushing the developers, if you had ever attempted to get involved in an ambitious project for the first time you'd know that it is extremely difficult to set precise deadlines.  Let them take their time and create a good product.  I'd rather wait 2 more years to play a really great game than have them rush out a half finished empty map like GTA 5 which had a lot of potential but clearly wasn't given enough time to complete.

What do you want? Do you want an awful, laggy, glitchy and broken game which was rushed because the player's were pressuring the Developers too much, or do you want a fun, smooth experience with minimal glitches and bugs in which the Developers were able to take their time and work out most of the bugs and glitches?

Look, let's be completely honest here; if you're expecting an entirely smooth, fully-operational and working game as soon as this first module releases then you're only going to be disappointed. This is a WORK IN PROGRESS and the first module is strictly a SOCIAL module. It WON'T provide access to the entire island and WILL have some bugs and glitches which YOU NEED TO REPORT. The Devs won't be able to make the game excellent if you don't help to make it that way by letting them know about the faults.

My conclusion is this:
How about everybody just stops whining at the Developers for taking a while? They have provided release dates in the past and had to delay it because of new issues which had appeared and had, until now, promised to never provide any more release dates until they KNEW they were ready. If they are saying that they are ready now, then they are ready now, however, if they do, for whatever reason have to delay it (which I'm sure they won't but just if they do), then, whilst, of course I'll be a bit disappointed, I'll understand that these things happen and we just have to deal with it.

Please don't pressure the Developers. They are only a very tiny development team in regards to larger video game development companies and have been working unbelievably hard considering that so we should be giving them praise, not pressure.

The game will come out when it is ready. My best advice is to just wait until tomorrow and we'll see what happens then. After that, we should all just try to stop thinking about the release date and stop worrying about when it's going to come out because the more that we think about it, the longer it will seem like it is taking. Just forget about it and let time fly by.

Happy Halloween in advance to everybody who celebrates it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

So, I was originally planning on posting "Just 1 day to go!", however, after reading many of the posts on this thread, I just have to clear some things up.

Firstly, the following quote is exactly right!

What do you want? Do you want an awful, laggy, glitchy and broken game which was rushed because the player's were pressuring the Developers too much, or do you want a fun, smooth experience with minimal glitches and bugs in which the Developers were able to take their time and work out most of the bugs and glitches?

Look, let's be completely honest here; if you're expecting an entirely smooth, fully-operational and working game as soon as this first module releases then you're only going to be disappointed. This is a WORK IN PROGRESS and the first module is strictly a SOCIAL module. It WON'T provide access to the entire island and WILL have some bugs and glitches which YOU NEED TO REPORT. The Devs won't be able to make the game excellent if you don't help to make it that way by letting them know about the faults.

My conclusion is this:
How about everybody just stops whining at the Developers for taking a while? They have provided release dates in the past and had to delay it because of new issues which had appeared and had, until now, promised to never provide any more release dates until they KNEW they were ready. If they are saying that they are ready now, then they are ready now, however, if they do, for whatever reason have to delay it (which I'm sure they won't but just if they do), then, whilst, of course I'll be a bit disappointed, I'll understand that these things happen and we just have to deal with it.

Please don't pressure the Developers. They are only a very tiny development team in regards to larger video game development companies and have been working unbelievably hard considering that so we should be giving them praise, not pressure.

The game will come out when it is ready. My best advice is to just wait until tomorrow and we'll see what happens then. After that, we should all just try to stop thinking about the release date and stop worrying about when it's going to come out because the more that we think about it, the longer it will seem like it is taking. Just forget about it and let time fly by.

Happy Halloween in advance to everybody who celebrates it.

It's this behavior that honestly has turned me away from really having a vested interest in the development of this game.

I appreciate that you're trying to stick up for the developers, but they really REALLY do not need your help. I prefer hearing a response from them addressing issues (and I'm sure new backers, or people who are on the fence regarding whether to back the project or not) would agree with me.

In my opinion, you're doing the game more harm than good.

If people want to complain to the developers, okay, that's fine, they can do that... I'm very confident in the developer's abilities to respond and not cave into any 'pressure'.

In the end, the developers will release the game when they feel it's ready to be released, yes, I agree with that; and that's precisely the point... No amount of criticism is going to FORCE them to release the module in a state that they would not want us to experience. They don't have a publisher breathing down their neck regarding meeting release dates (Publishers being the only people, at this point in development, capable of really pressuring them to release anything).

TL;dr: I have faith in the publishers being able to release the module without feeling any 'pressure' from criticism, as they've proven they're professional with regards to handling negative comments and criticism, they don't need anyone to stick up for them/aggressively respond to anyone on their behalf.

Again, this is all my opinion, and should not be considered as me trying to stop you from what you do, you're entitled to behave how you see fit... I just think that this particular behavior has harmed the production of this game more than it has benefited it, and I'm speaking from my personal hype (I'm a $100 backer, from Kickstarter).

Edited by Fma35
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2017 at 7:20 PM, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

So the Devs shouldn't shouldn't listen to anyone that quotes them because in your opinion anyone that attempts accountability is wrong and should be shamed. 

thats what i was thinking, i mean your not rushing them by keeping them to their words

• Like 1

Well today's the last day, if the devs don't announce the release date then frankly they never should have said they were going to this month, if they have the confidence to announce they're going to announce said date then they should get on with it, frankly if they can't announce it I won't be surprised given they couldn't even release the video of gunplay months ago when they said they would but we'll have to see, also all the fanboys and defenders can spare me the stop rushing them speech Because to be honest developers need to be called out when needed 

7 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Well today's the last day, if the devs don't announce the release date then frankly they never should have said they were going to this month, if they have the confidence to announce they're going to announce said date then they should get on with it, frankly if they can't announce it I won't be surprised given they couldn't even release the video of gunplay months ago when they said they would but we'll have to see, also all the fanboys and defenders can spare me the stop rushing them speech Because to be honest developers need to be called out when needed 

Can you please explain to me how November the 1st is any different from "in the month of October"? I agree it's not in the actual month, but it's globally the same thing. And anyways, if they had wanted to release the date on October the 31st later than 4PM, it'd have been the 1st in some parts of the world (France, in my example) already anyways.

12 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Can you please explain to me how November the 1st is any different from "in the month of October"? I agree it's not in the actual month, but it's globally the same thing. And anyways, if they had wanted to release the date on October the 31st later than 4PM, it'd have been the 1st in some parts of the world (France, in my example) already anyways.

It's a matter of semantics, and isn't very important to me at least, so long as they're in the ballpark. They are Indie, and unexpected things happen sometimes, but a delay should be within a reasonable timeframe.

18 minutes ago, Asmami said:

HO6w-xhRqZY.jpg

In Canada, where they are based its Currently 11:20am on the 31st of Oct. The Dev blog is being written as we speak with the release date info.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Narc said:

In Canada, where they are based its Currently 11:20am on the 31st of Oct. The Dev blog is being written as we speak with the release date info.

Which part of Canada are they based in? East coast or west?

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

1 minute ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Which part of Canada are they based in? Easy coast or west?

Ontario :)

The release date for the 1st Module will be announced in todays Dev-Blog. 

Because this thread is no longer needed, i will close it for now. 

• Like 2