"It's big news: the official Town Square release date will be announced in the month of October. With all of the changes affecting our productivity in such a positive way, we need to see how everyone works together over the next few weeks. This will allow us to give our fans a date with which we can be confident."

Edited by Rasko
Announcement today ?
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Discorded said:

watch the release date be in December or next year

I have hope they will make it, and even if they don't it will probably be for the better - I just want to make sure they do a good job so it isn't bad when it does come out

• Like 2

Stop rushing the developers, if you had ever attempted to get involved in an ambitious project for the first time you'd know that it is extremely difficult to set precise deadlines.  Let them take their time and create a good product.  I'd rather wait 2 more years to play a really great game than have them rush out a half finished empty map like GTA 5 which had a lot of potential but clearly wasn't given enough time to complete.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

At least I hope the devs aren't listening too much to the ones who urge them to release this date...

So the Devs shouldn't shouldn't listen to anyone that quotes them because in your opinion anyone that attempts accountability is wrong and should be shamed. Your go to weapon, you do it every time.

Also its got nothing to do with rushing the devs, people post topics like this because of the repeated patterns of unrealistic goals and announcements. Anyone that has been following this since 14 would be hard pressed to say that there isn't an issue.

Edited by WhtGhstBlckGhst
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

At least I hope the devs aren't listening too much to the ones who urge them to release this date...

They SHOULD be listening. This isn't them releasing a video (the last one was delayed by atleast 4 months) , this isn't them releasing the module (which has been delayed by almost a year now), this is them releasing a RELEASE date. It would be very pathetic if they couldn't give us a date in the same month they told us they would. A new low for the devs.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Notic3 said:

They SHOULD be listening. This isn't them releasing a video (the last one was delayed by atleast 4 months) , this isn't them releasing the module (which has been delayed by almost a year now), this is them releasing a RELEASE date. It would be very pathetic if they couldn't give us a date in the same month they told us they would. A new low for the devs.

I can promise you, missing a date for an announcement is not a new low. For example : I've recently started following another games development and after doing some research the other day, I found out they stated development in 2015 and actually had a Early Access release date for 2015. 2 years later, they are still trucking along and have yet to give any keys out. Game development isn't as easy as some may think as you may already know, but the point I'm trying to get at is - These guys could launch the module tomorrow filled with bugs and a lot less content than they anticipated, BUT they are being patient, taking their time and making this game good. I've said this before, but I do have faith in a release date coming in this month. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Stop rushing the developers, if you had ever attempted to get involved in an ambitious project for the first time you'd know that it is extremely difficult to set precise deadlines.  Let them take their time and create a good product.  I'd rather wait 2 more years to play a really great game than have them rush out a half finished empty map like GTA 5 which had a lot of potential but clearly wasn't given enough time to complete.

Well I mean, asking someone to keep their promises is not quite the same as rushing someone. They put the deadline on themselves. If more people tried to keep people from Hello Gaming honest, we may not have had such a lacklustre no man's sky(obviously counter-factual, we'll never know that for sure.) But I think people should try to keep the devs honest, and not turn a blind eye to them. It's a good thing overall and the devs need to get used to it.

• Like 3

Not just the developers, but the handful of people in the community that feel the need to put people down constantly because of posts expressing concern or accountability on a dead line the devs set and fail to meet time after time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

Not just the developers, but the handful of people in the community that feel the need to put people down constantly because of posts expressing concern or accountability on a dead line the devs set and fail to meet time after time.

Honestly, at least the developers are polite when addressing concerns, it's the community that have a problem with people who express concern or highlight the developer's accountability.

That being said, most of those people are fairly recent backers (a year or so back, give or take) and don't really comprehend that many of us have been waiting for at least double that time.

It's why I've stopped voicing an opinion on anything at all. If anything killed my hype, it's not the devs, its the self-proclaimed vanguards of their development process that aggressively respond to any criticism of their lack of meaningful updates with posts like 'Stop criticizing the devs' 'try making the game yourself' 'why don't you get a refund and leave' 'Do you know how long it takes to make a game like this' 'I'm sick of posts asking about x and y'.

It's a handful of people, and they know who they are... It's not a constructive way of responding to curious or concerned backers, and I think those members of the community need to behave with a little more tact.

Edit: And the developers SHOULD try and listen to their community and the people who have contributed to their project, in response to @Rinyuaru-Kun... The release date's announcement was promised by them for this month, and in my opinion, yes, they should keep their word. 

Edited by Fma35
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Fma35 said:

It's why I've stopped voicing an opinion on anything at all. If anything killed my hype, it's not the devs, its the self-proclaimed vanguards of their development process that aggressively respond to any criticism of their lack of meaningful updates with posts like 'Stop criticizing the devs' 'try making the game yourself' 'why don't you get a refund and leave' 'Do you know how long it takes to make a game like this' 'I'm sick of posts asking about x and y'@Rinyuaru-Kun

Hmhmmm shame, so many of them wanna be mods, and so few of them show any inclination to actually help.

Edited by Jinx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fma35 said:

Honestly, at least the developers are polite when addressing concerns, it's the community that have a problem with people who express concern or highlight the developer's accountability.

That being said, most of those people are fairly recent backers (a year or so back, give or take) and don't really comprehend that many of us have been waiting for at least double that time.

It's why I've stopped voicing an opinion on anything at all. If anything killed my hype, it's not the devs, its the self-proclaimed vanguards of their development process that aggressively respond to any criticism of their lack of meaningful updates with posts like 'Stop criticizing the devs' 'try making the game yourself' 'why don't you get a refund and leave' 'Do you know how long it takes to make a game like this' 'I'm sick of posts asking about x and y'.

It's a handful of people, and they know who they are... It's not a constructive way of responding to curious or concerned backers, and I think those members of the community need to behave with a little more tact.

Edit: And the developers SHOULD try and listen to their community and the people who have contributed to their project, in response to @Rinyuaru-Kun... The release date's announcement was promised by them for this month, and in my opinion, yes, they should keep their word. 

No doubt there are people who address statements that are not in Asylum Entertainments' interests. Everyone here though truly wants a game like this that they have been dreaming for which is most likely why people get aggressive when a new post addressing issues is made. 

I believe a release date for Town Square will be released in early November potentially October 31st and released in players' hands by the end of the year. The issue with making release dates is that people get hyped for them (pretty good thing) but if they run into issues then that could delay things considerably. I assume you already understand this but my rant I guess mainly goes to everyone reading your statement so that they may find answers.

Personally, I learned about Identity close to it's showcase on Kickstarter and accepted the fact that there will be delay and the effects of hype (both rising and falling). I don't believe everyone copes the same way but if y'all want to play some games with people excited for this journey, let me know and we can add you to the game night :)

• Like 2

Since everyone seems to have misunderstood my last post, I'll try and make it a little clearer.

They promised it would be announced this month, and the month isn't over. I'm just asking them not to release this date too early on because some members understood "release on October the first" instead of "not after Halloween". I believe they'll be announcing the date this month, maybe on October the 31st itself, but I also believe they should announce it when they're READY, not when the community believes them to be ready.

35 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Since everyone seems to have misunderstood my last post, I'll try and make it a little clearer.

They promised it would be announced this month, and the month isn't over. I'm just asking them not to release this date too early on because some members understood "release on October the first" instead of "not after Halloween". I believe they'll be announcing the date this month, maybe on October the 31st itself, but I also believe they should announce it when they're READY, not when the community believes them to be ready.

Exactly.  It's just annoying that if it isn't released this month, there is going to be a barrage of complaints when people should just be a bit more patient 

9 minutes ago, Dominic_ said:

Exactly.  It's just annoying that if it isn't released this month, there is going to be a barrage of complaints when people should just be a bit more patient 

It seems that on Discord they have announced it for either Halloween or November the 1st

7 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

It seems that on Discord they have announced it for either Halloween or November the 1st

Can't wait for it to be November 1st and people complain that they were late

22 minutes ago, Dominic_ said:

Can't wait for it to be November 1st and people complain that they were late

people shouldn't complain at something as little as that but if the devs say it's being announced in October then why does it need to be done on the 1st of November? last i checked November isn't the same month as October and delaying it by one day just seems nonsensical when they could just announce it either today, tomorrow or the 31st

6 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

people shouldn't complain at something as little as that but if the devs say it's being announced in October then why does it need to be done on the 1st of November? last i checked November isn't the same month as October and delaying it by one day just seems nonsensical when they could just announce it either today, tomorrow or the 31st

IMO I doubt it will be November the 1st, as you're right, it probably wouldn't make sense to do that rather than Oct 31st.  It probably will be on October the 31st, and the only reason I can see for why Rinyuaru-Kun said it could be November 1st would be timezones? I.e November the 1st for Europe but 31st for the US.  But yeah, you're right it wouldn't make much sense, but if they did I'm sure there would be a good explanation. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dominic_ said:

IMO I doubt it will be November the 1st, as you're right, it probably wouldn't make sense to do that rather than Oct 31st.  It probably will be on October the 31st, and the only reason I can see for why Rinyuaru-Kun said it could be November 1st would be timezones? I.e November the 1st for Europe but 31st for the US.  But yeah, you're right it wouldn't make much sense, but if they did I'm sure there would be a good explanation. 

As long as we get it I'm happy :D

2 hours ago, Rasko said:

If they don't release the release date in time, they at least have tell us.

I agree, generally the worst thing they could do is let the deadline pass and then they don't say anything, if a delay does happen they will definitely tell us so, so that's why I'm still hopeful that the date is coming soon.