Beach_Ball

New Community Manager!

22 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

I'd prefer neither. This isn't the actual game announcement, it's purely a module from the game to test certain elements, so as far as the announcement goes, they should be able to provide a specific date without delay, whether the module is being tested while fully complete or not. Obviously I'm sure they'd prefer the module be completed, but it isn't a necessity, and from what I've read, they seem to be adding more content to the module that wasn't initially intended to be in the module (so that's likely where the setbacks are occurring).

Either way, I'm expecting a module announcement in the next few days...

You really should drive a little more into the videogame creation depths. When devs love a project, they don't want to give something they aren't proud of. Imagine a book, with a release date, that isn't completed by then. The author doesn't want it to be released as is, and you surely wouldn't want to be missing a few chapters, would you?

4 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

I'd prefer neither. This isn't the actual game announcement, it's purely a module from the game to test certain elements, so as far as the announcement goes, they should be able to provide a specific date without delay, whether the module is being tested while fully complete or not. Obviously I'm sure they'd prefer the module be completed, but it isn't a necessity, and from what I've read, they seem to be adding more content to the module that wasn't initially intended to be in the module (so that's likely where the setbacks are occurring).

Either way, I'm expecting a module announcement in the next few days...

Wait what module?! YES PLEASE.

8 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

You really should drive a little more into the videogame creation depths. When devs love a project, they don't want to give something they aren't proud of. Imagine a book, with a release date, that isn't completed by then. The author doesn't want it to be released as is, and you surely wouldn't want to be missing a few chapters, would you?

But we're not looking at an actual release here, we're looking at a beta test. Some content can (and probably will) be missing and that doesn't give a representation of what the final product will be.

With your analogy, it's more like a book cover being released ahead of the book, to get a critique of its appearance. It isn't necessarily exactly how the cover will look, it's a rough idea to show the potential reader a glimpse of what's to come.

14 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

But we're not looking at an actual release here, we're looking at a beta test. Some content can (and probably will) be missing and that doesn't give a representation of what the final product will be.

With your analogy, it's more like a book cover being released ahead of the book, to get a critique of its appearance. It isn't necessarily exactly how the cover will look, it's a rough idea to show the potential reader a glimpse of what's to come.

Yeah, but it's as the artist wants it to be released, and they certainly wouldn't want to pre-release something that isn't what they want, would they?

1 hour ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Yeah, but it's as the artist wants it to be released, and they certainly wouldn't want to pre-release something that isn't what they want, would they?

Right, but you're not really understanding what I'm saying... lol.

Either they have really bad planning with how they initially divided the modules up (as there's requirement to move content from one module into another in order to get a sense of completion out of it), or they're not disciplined enough to stick to their own project structure (by working on stuff they shouldn't yet be working on - by their own deadlines and dates)... so which is it?

It can't be a case of "I'm not happy with it, I need to keep working on it", since in a video game that would mean the module will never be released. No video game developer is 100% happy with their released product. They always think something could be tweaked or added to improve the game. If this game is to ever make it to its final release date, the developers need to have clear goals and deadlines for specific areas of the game... they've already set those, but they're continually pushing them back, so it comes back to the initial question; which is it?

Edited by iiMStevo
typo

7 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

Right, but you're not really understanding what I'm saying... lol.

Either they have really bad planning with how they initially divided the modules up (as there's requirement to move content from one module into another in order to get a sense of completion out of it), or they're not disciplined enough to stick to their own project structure (by working on stuff they shouldn't yet be working on - by their own deadlines and dates)... so which is it?

It can't be a case of "I'm not happy with it, I need to keep working on it", since in a video game that would mean the module will never be released. No video game developer is 100% happy with their released product. They always think something could be tweaked or added to improve the game. If this game is to ever make it to its final release date, the developers need to have clear goals and deadlines for specific areas of the game... they've already set those, but they're continually pushing them back, so it comes back to the initial question; which is it?

Yeah I didn't get your point, my bad. But nevertheless, let the dev team do as they wish, if they were to go against their will or plans (or non-plans?) it wouldn't be good anyways :)

Now the ball's rolling! (hehe, nice puns all over this thread) It's nice to see Motown getting some of that community management workload taken off of him, so I wish you good luck @Beach_Ball, make us proud ;D

On 25/10/2017 at 8:26 AM, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

beta test

Alpha test, the beta will be the closest thing to the full game and is after all 3 modules. 

The Modules = small standalone parts of the game, with a small closed off area e.g. the "Town Square".

Beta = All 3 modules together as 1 + The full map and more content. 

The module was redone 2 times because of problems, e.g. map / town square had design issues and also problems kept occurring. 

20 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Alpha test, the beta will be the closest thing to the full game and is after all 3 modules. 

The Modules = small standalone parts of the game, with a small closed off area e.g. the "Town Square".

Beta = All 3 modules together as 1 + The full map and more content. 

The module was redone 2 times because of problems, e.g. map / town square had design issues and also problems kept occurring. 

When did I talk about a beta test...?

14 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

When did I talk about a beta test...?

I didn't even quote you lol, I quoted the other guy..... It sometimes quotes the wrong people. 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:16 PM, LuckyDuck said:

I didn't even quote you lol, I quoted the other guy..... It sometimes quotes the wrong people. 

Oh ok I understand ^^

Is there any reason why there's no updates been provided for all of November?

Is there somewhere else where the updates are being posted or is there just nothing to update this month?

11 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

Is there somewhere else where the updates are being posted or is there just nothing to update this month?

Hey there, The developers are very hard at work with getting the module out on the date we announced which is March 21 2018.  While there haven't been too many updates we are all very active on the discord and we stream every tuesday and thrusday!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

Hey iiMStevo!

I've been bugging the boss about writing a dev blog for the past few days aha. He says there should be one today! Maybe much later today... But that's what he's been telling me!

We recently had two new additions to our team that he'll probably talk about! Artur is our new UI guy who is currently working on making the inventory system visible (and pretty :D)  to the player, and Andrew has been doing A LOT of stuff in unreal engine. John can hopefully go more in detail than I can. :D

And dang Grenade beat me to the punch. He's right though, if you chill in our discord or streams, you're more likely to catch bits of news here and there!

(I also have a flipping giant twitch clip archive that gets updated after each stream, we had some great questions on Tuesday!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/30/2017 at 2:50 PM, Beach_Ball said:

Hey iiMStevo!

I've been bugging the boss about writing a dev blog for the past few days aha. He says there should be one today! Maybe much later today... But that's what he's been telling me!

We recently had two new additions to our team that he'll probably talk about! Artur is our new UI guy who is currently working on making the inventory system visible (and pretty :D)  to the player, and Andrew has been doing A LOT of stuff in unreal engine. John can hopefully go more in detail than I can. :D

And dang Grenade beat me to the punch. He's right though, if you chill in our discord or streams, you're more likely to catch bits of news here and there!

(I also have a flipping giant twitch clip archive that gets updated after each stream, we had some great questions on Tuesday!)

Thanks for the updates, guys.

However, might I suggest for those that don't use twitch or discord that it may be worth re-posting the content on the website as brief update announcements. Like myself, I have a few friends that can't wait for the release of Identity, but only view the website for updates on progress or news. It can't hurt to inform people across all mediums :) 

On 12/4/2017 at 3:04 AM, iiMStevo said:

Thanks for the updates, guys.

However, might I suggest for those that don't use twitch or discord that it may be worth re-posting the content on the website as brief update announcements. Like myself, I have a few friends that can't wait for the release of Identity, but only view the website for updates on progress or news. It can't hurt to inform people across all mediums :) 

I know @Dominic_ posts a whole run down of the stream here on the forums! You can check out his profile, it's very helpful.