Villasenor

Ranking systems

I believe the high command staff for Identity servers should be chosen by the servers mayor and or staff member. These people must have a certain amount of time on-duty and other requirements. It would be cool if you can go to the PD and make a complaint and compliment about an officer with a cool down. If this can be added then that could be used to determine the high command staff. Then the high command staff will promote the officers, paramedics, or firefighters to up to command staff or field supervisors. 

Also will there be paperwork, I personally would love to see paperwork. If not can it be a in-game mechanic which can be toggled by private servers?

9 hours ago, Villasenor said:

I believe the high command staff for Identity servers should be chosen by the servers mayor and or staff member. These people must have a certain amount of time on-duty and other requirements. It would be cool if you can go to the PD and make a complaint and compliment about an officer with a cool down. If this can be added then that could be used to determine the high command staff. Then the high command staff will promote the officers, paramedics, or firefighters to up to command staff or field supervisors. 

Also will there be paperwork, I personally would love to see paperwork. If not can it be a in-game mechanic which can be toggled by private servers?

On the official servers, the highest positions will likely be taken by one of the developers for many reasons, while with the part you talk about people being promoted by players; this will get out of hand very quickly e.g. The governor will choose his friends over others and this would cause problems. The way it will work is that you will have to do your job and over time depending on how well you perform, you will be promoted/ have the option to go to a higher rank automatically and not a player decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

On the official servers, the highest positions will likely be taken by one of the developers for many reasons, while with the part you talk about people being promoted by players; this will get out of hand very quickly e.g. The governor will choose his friends over others and this would cause problems. The way it will work is that you will have to do your job and over time depending on how well you perform, you will be promoted/ have the option to go to a higher rank automatically and not a player decision.

And who will be the police chief?

1 hour ago, Alex77 said:

And who will be the police chief?

That is what I am saying, on the official servers the police chief will likely be taken by a developer. Governor will be able to be players but the police chief etc will be a developer.

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

That is what I am saying, on the official servers the police chief will likely be taken by a developer. Governor will be able to be players but the police chief etc will be a developer.

And for private servers admin will choose right?

30 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

And for private servers admin will choose right?

yes, they can choose if they allow players to become that position or not.