Rinyuaru-Kun

Prison time?

When you're sent to prison, I think the countdown should be made using play time rather than absolute time, so that people can't just disconnect and reconnect to avoid it, which would take the counterparts of a criminal life off of the game... With play time, even with logging back, they'd still have to play in the prison for a certain amount of time, henceforth regretting the crime they committed.

Imagine 45 minutes in prison. I hope you got a escape plan.

Well its good for a other reason so people will think  before they do something illegal to prevent it from happenin many times.

Edited by MitchellTheKiller
Fixed prison time
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MitchellTheKiller said:

Imagine 2 hours in prison. I hope you got a escape plan.

Well its good for a other reason so people will think  before they do something illegal to prevent it from happenin many times.

No, max time will be 45min.

How about time just passing slower when offline (like 20x as much, so you had to be offline for 9 hrs to get rid of it). And when online you just had to wait and waste your time by socializing with others for 45 mins.

20 minutes ago, Svanders said:

How about time just passing slower when offline (like 20x as much, so you had to be offline for 9 hrs to get rid of it). And when online you just had to wait and waste your time by socializing with others for 45 mins.

Well, prison time is a playable time, so I don't see any reason why criminals wouldn't have to go through it... It's not like a temporary ban or such.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Well, prison time is a playable time, so I don't see any reason why criminals wouldn't have to go through it... It's not like a temporary ban or such.

Giving this a second thought you are probalby right. This maybe even stops some users from comitting a crime in the first place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Svanders said:

Giving this a second thought you are probalby right. This maybe even stops some users from comitting a crime in the first place.

Glad you got my point in the end :)

Edited by Rinyuaru-Kun

11 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

No, max time will be 45min.

Yes and no, max time = 45 minutes right now for testing purposes and could be different in the future.

31 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes and no, max time = 45 minutes right now for testing purposes and could be different in the future.

Oh well, I guess I should learn to formulate hypothesises then ^^

If that's the case and prison time=game time then the sentences should be no more than an hour or two to prevent frustration

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kattycake said:

If that's the case and prison time=game time then the sentences should be no more than an hour or two to prevent frustration

But criminal activities shouldn't be as easy to carry as legal ones, don't you think?

3 hours ago, Kattycake said:

My opinion in this case would say the longer the max time is the better; meaning that you have a reason to break your friends out of prison instead of them just needing to wait a few hours.

8 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

My opinion in this case would say the longer the max time is the better; meaning that you have a reason to break your friends out of prison instead of them just needing to wait a few hours.

Yeah but it shouldn't be over exaggerated...

2 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Yeah but it shouldn't be over exaggerated...

It all depends on what prison life is like in game, what if people would like to play the prison life. it could be in the end a whole different game.

49 minutes ago, Bez87 said:

It all depends on what prison life is like in game, what if people would like to play the prison life. it could be in the end a whole different game.

Yeah I would very much like to live in prison IF and only IF they make it good and not boring. If they make it interesting I'm very much for it and 45min ain't gonna cut it if prison life is fun and not just sitting and waiting for your time to expire.

22 minutes ago, FishFace said:

Yeah I would very much like to live in prison IF and only IF they make it good and not boring. If they make it interesting I'm very much for it and 45min ain't gonna cut it if prison life is fun and not just sitting and waiting for your time to expire.

Exactly and they have said prison is a playable part. I do think people are hoping for way to much, so soon, this type of game is going to slowly evolve over time, Plus 45mins isn't that long, I mean if we don't make it a frustrating time then, whats the point, it's meant to give a strong reason not to commit crime. 

1 hour ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

But if prison is fun, more people will act as criminals 

I just think it should be more realistic, makes the criminal act much more intense and you're more careful. And I actually think there would be less criminals if the prison time is long because If It's short you can just go to prison and few minutes later do the same thing all over again. Add 20-50 people doing this and It's gonna look like a thousand people are doing it. It's just going to be people coming in and out all the time. Longer prison time means you go in and then It's way far along the line before you get out again, makes you think twice when you get out perhaps. And if Prison is fun It's not going to make more people be criminals because not everyone find it fun to live the prison life like in the movies, we all got different preferences.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FishFace said:

I just think it should be more realistic, makes the criminal act much more intense and you're more careful. And I actually think there would be less criminals if the prison time is long because If It's short you can just go to prison and few minutes later do the same thing all over again. Add 20-50 people doing this and It's gonna look like a thousand people are doing it. It's just going to be people coming in and out all the time. Longer prison time means you go in and then It's way far along the line before you get out again, makes you think twice when you get out perhaps. And if Prison is fun It's not going to make more people be criminals because not everyone find it fun to live the prison life like in the movies, we all got different preferences.

Well, I guess the dev team will think deeply into this and give us the best product in the end :)

I think the official/default length of the prison/jail time should depend on the crimes committed and at maximum should be no more than 3 hours. Other wise, if it's too short then there will be less pressure and fun committing crimes. Custom servers should be able to make it whatever time they want.