YaLocalOreo

Will headshots be fatal

So I  know that if you are injured you wait a few minutes or so for paramedics or you die. But will headshots be a one hit down? Like you get shot in the head and you immediately go down and have to wait for paramedics.  

13 minutes ago, Calisto said:

So I  know that if you are injured you wait a few minutes or so for paramedics or you die. But will headshots be a one hit down? Like you get shot in the head and you immediately go down and have to wait for paramedics.  

That really depends due to the stress system. If the person's character being shot is stressed then yes it will be likely a fatal shot but if they are not stressed then no, possibly not. Also if you get wounded, then you can still move. It is only if you fall unconscious then you have to wait for paramedics.

6 minutes ago, Pettsson said:

Headshots should be fatal no matter what, if its realism the devs are aiming for.

Hmm, here comes trolls with guns, you are minding your own business and they shoot you in the head. You go back to what you was doing and some more trolls come along.... If you get what I mean, I think you will understand many reasons for the sacrifice. If not, then you can always go on a private server which does not have the stress system activated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Hmm, here comes trolls with guns, you are minding your own business and they shoot you in the head. You go back to what you was doing and some more trolls come along.... If you get what I mean, I think you will understand many reasons for the sacrifice. If not, then you can always go on a private server which does not have the stress system activated.

Yeah, that's the flaw with realism in a video game, since consequences can't be the same in-game than IRL...

3 hours ago, Calisto said:

For public server I agree with @LuckyDuck. But for private servers to be able to nerf or improve things like this would be cool!

As @Villasenor mentioned, it really depends on the server. On official servers, with the stress system enabled and at default settings, that depends on their current stress level. On private servers, which can completely disable the stress mechanic, a headshot from most calibers will likely result in death.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Paratus said:

As @Villasenor mentioned, it really depends on the server. On official servers, with the stress system enabled and at default settings, that depends on their current stress level. On private servers, which can completely disable the stress mechanic, a headshot from most calibers will likely result in death.

What about a stress mechanic? That sounds interesting!

7 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

What about a stress mechanic? That sounds interesting!

The stress mechanic is the stress system they have in place. More details can be found in Q&A's, possibly a FAQ.