Mymantheguy

Is it worth the $60?

Im going to be playing an LEO and I was wondering if its worth spending another $30 to get the rusted car and $1,000 in game cash? I already have the $30 package. P.S for anyone that doesn't know LEO means Law Enforcement Officer.

Edited by Mymantheguy

Is it worth the extra $30? It's all personal. No one can answer this for you, but you yourself. I've spend $250 because I believe in the (long-term) plans for Identity. Not because I wanted the fancy sports car included with that pledge level. I think the only thing worth it in any appropriate pledge is the housing. You OWN the studio or apartment. No paying rent required. You could always save up to buy a fancier means of transportation, but you cannot save up money you owe to rent every week / month. So if it were me, I'd focus on the living conditions first, and transportation later. But that's just me.

It's your personal opinion that counts, not ours. :)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Genesai said:

Is it worth the extra $30? It's all personal. No one can answer this for you, but you yourself. I've spend $250 because I believe in the (long-term) plans for Identity. Not because I wanted the fancy sports car included with that pledge level. I think the only thing worth it in any appropriate pledge is the housing. You OWN the studio or apartment. No paying rent required. You could always save up to buy a fancier means of transportation, but you cannot save up money you owe to rent every week / month. So if it were me, I'd focus on the living conditions first, and transportation later. But that's just me.

It's your personal opinion that counts, not ours. :)

I bought the first one providing a roof, and I'm planning on going gradually up to the highest pledge in order to help the game grow up even more :)

• Like 3

For me I got the package where it has everything I want to start out with.  Since you can't pick and choose rewards. I stopped putting more money into the project. 

• Like 1

I grabbed the 250 pledge as well, it certainly wasn't for the 2k, and other stuff that come with it...I bought a PC so I could play this game, and put aside 250 for games, but decided I wanted to see Identity come to life more than having a few extra games. While I wait for it to get developed, I have been enjoying all sorts of games that I could never play on console. To me, I think they are gonna need as much help as they can get. They definitely bit off more than they could chew, but getting more developers involved and getting their new office space, from the help and support from their player base. When they started this they knew they couldn't do it alone, so they got help from kickstarter, and the pledges made since then that have enabled them to go from mission impossible to mission attainable. PC gamers have the unique option to get involved with alot of the games that they play. I realize everyone don't have money growing on trees, niether do I. I had to make sacrifices to pledge that much. But Identity could be a game changer.

If they can gamble and put everything on the table to make it a reality. I will do what I can to see that it becomes one of the games that really distinguishes PC gaming from consoles. I played consoles for so long, and I don't want this game to come to console atleast till consoles are rocking mini gtx 1080's or something like that. If I can get 250 before these pledges end I will definitely drop it...cause as enormous as Identity plans to be they are gonna need as much help as they can get. Being frugal only gets you so far...and honestly looking at how much and how long Rockstar put into GTA V with all their resources. I don't even think they should do 15-30 dollar pledges. I think they are hurting themselves giving away this game for that lil even though its for development so they don't scare the penny pinchers away. Games that don't get enough support from their player base either fail to come to light, or get outside funding from another source that usually wants to have alot of say over how things get made from that point on with their money. Which translates into a possibly alot of things changing and suffering so pledge as much as you can afford depending on how bad you want to see idnetity come to life, and not how cheap you can jump on the band wagon for...just my 25 cents

• Like 4

In the earliest days of Identity's release, most people will likely start with bicycles for transportation. The bicycles can, for the most part, hold only a single person and are clearly not as quick as a motorized vehicle. They also don't have trunk space.

Now imagine trying to make some early dollars by doing odd jobs around town. Gathering, delivery tasks, and so on will be a lot easier if you can both get around quicker and carry larger hauls.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

In the earliest days of Identity's release, most people will likely start with bicycles for transportation. The bicycles can, for the most part, hold only a single person and are clearly not as quick as a motorized vehicle. They also don't have trunk space.

Now imagine trying to make some early dollars by doing odd jobs around town. Gathering, delivery tasks, and so on will be a lot easier if you can both get around quicker and carry larger hauls.

What can you carry with only a bike?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gamepilz said:

What can you carry with only a bike?

Pretty much what you can carry running, I would assume.

• Like 2

Take what I say or ignore it, it's my philosophy and opinion.

It is definitely not worth it. One of the things that I love and always will love about MMORPGs is making your way up. Work your way up to that car, even if its a small goal. Where's the fun in getting it for yourself? Start small and grow. The only reason to pay those extra 30 is if you want to support the development, which is a good reason.

• Like 6

On 9/21/2017 at 2:44 PM, Mymantheguy said:

Im going to be playing an LEO and I was wondering if its worth spending another $30 to get the rusted car and $1,000 in game cash? I already have the $30 package. P.S for anyone that doesn't know LEO means Law Enforcement Officer.

fuck yes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vexis said:

It is definitely not worth it. One of the things that I love and always will love about MMORPGs is making your way up. Work your way up to that car, even if its a small goal. Where's the fun in getting it for yourself? Start small and grow. The only reason to pay those extra 30 is if you want to support the development, which is a good reason.

Well said, and a forum user who looked at both sides to a question. +1

• Like 2

On 10/4/2017 at 7:55 PM, Vexis said:

That's not looking at things from both sides, thats looking at it like any help ruins the game...And there is gonna be so much shit to do and "work your way up to" That getting any pledge more than 30 is worth it...If only for the sake of helping a game you wanna see come to fruition. 500 gets you only 4000 and blah blah blah...With all the stuff you can do 4k isn't gonna put a huge dent in "working your way up". It's just a lil boost.

I wouldn't suggest getting a pledge simply because what it can do for YOU either...Get it to show your dedication to supporting this awesome idea. Can't afford to donate more that's fine, do what you can...But don't tell others that it isn't worth it. That just isn't true...I felt it was worth what I pledged. If you were just donating to get ahead then no, it's not worth donating more cause you don't get that far ahead...But you help development alot with the collective of support. How fast can the game be made if we had 20,000 ppl giving 100 or more, instead of 20,000 ppl giving 30 dollars. That's a huge leap in what can be made and how fast it can be made...

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

17 hours ago, YouKnowBro said:

I wonder how the inventory system will work..

Most likely as what we know (and confirmed) as a vehicle's trunk space. It will hold slots (perhaps weight and/or size dependent?) which you can fill. Obviously this is limited. I can only image the same will work with carrying stuff around. You could only have so many pockets in your outfit, and I hope it will be limited to what you're wearing. If you want to sport swim shorts all year around, then you shouldn't be able to carry much more with you besides your wallet, cellphone, and your keys.

I'm just guessing here, but seeing bigger vehicles can move more, heavier, and bigger items, the same should apply to outfits. That and combined with stamina and intoxication.

• Like 1

I agree with @Genesai ! I invested $150 because I believe that this game is going to be amazing and how hard working they are. I believe in their vision. ^_^

• Like 1