YaboyJax

Things that would make Beta 500x better.

When all 3 modules are out, we will have beta and 2 things that would make Identity Beta 500 times better are:

1. Real Music

2. Real Cars

These things would make the game the game better because I'd rather listen to 24k Magic than royalty free classical music and the Car Mechanic Simulator 2015's soundtrack. I'd rather drive around in a Ford Mustang GT than some shitty look-a-like. I know we would be running out of money real quick if we just ran around purchasing royalties like crazy but this would make the game so much better especially for what I aspire to be in the game (Mechanic). Tell me other things that would make the game better and ill edit them in.vUm1WkK.jpg

Edited by YaboyJax

44 minutes ago, YaboyJax said:

When all 3 modules are out, we will have beta and 2 things that would make Identity Beta 500 times better are:

1. Real Music

2. Real Cars

These things would make the game the game better because I'd rather listen to 24k Magic than royalty free classical music and the Car Mechanic Simulator 2015's soundtrack. I'd rather drive around in a Ford Mustang GT than some shitty look-a-like. I know we would be running out of money real quick if we just ran around purchasing royalties like crazy but this would make the game so much better especially for what I aspire to be in the game (Mechanic). Tell me other things that would make the game better and ill edit them in.vUm1WkK.jpg

This would require expensive licensing. The games budget is not big enough for that unfortunately. 

• Like 3

Real music is already confirmed via radio. Real cars very likely will not happen but cars based on real ones will.

• Like 1

things that would make beta 500X better

- Waiting and not rushing, here is my advise just imagine you never even heard of this game until full release you had no idea of the game, AAA titles do it all the time they never tell the customers about anything untill its completed or near completion fortantly Identity let us know about the game way before and solid ground was in place that is how everyone should cope with unreleased games buy it if you like it or wait untill you are more confident its up too you just dont let it get too your head

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lukesky36 said:

things that would make beta 500X better

- Waiting and not rushing, here is my advise just imagine you never even heard of this game until full release you had no idea of the game, AAA titles do it all the time they never tell the customers about anything untill its completed or near completion fortantly Identity let us know about the game way before and solid ground was in place that is how everyone should cope with unreleased games buy it if you like it or wait untill you are more confident its up too you just dont let it get too your head

People should say this kind of things more often

This is an indie studio, yes, so licensing would be very expensive. There is Forza if you want real cars and Saints Row if you want real music. If you want this in Identity, then contact the devs and work with them directly to help fund and arrange the licensing. 

Though it would be awesome to drive lisenced vehicles however obtaining lisencing would be very costly and time consuming for Asylum. 

Major developers like Rockstar and Ubisoft use the loophole of creating parodies of major vehicle manufacturers to avoid lisencing costs. The main reasoning is budgeting and the cost and time it would take with lisenced manufacturers.

Asylum would be better off spending their money and time on creating a large amount of unique vehicles rather than trying to get brands like Ford, Dodge, etc.  

As for music this can be costly and can also hurt their reputation if an artist becomes disgruntled with Asylum's use. The issue here is developers can make a contract with the artist or the producer for the use of music within a game. 

Rockstar for instance has been known to skip over artists and make deals with producers to avoid paying a large sum to the artist themselves. Many have attempted to sue, however they cannot do anything due to it impeding on the producers contract for usage. Situations like this can cause serious issues for developers with their fan base. 

Asylum's best and safest route is to look to independent artists for music to avoid producers attempting to get involved, and should stick with parodies of real vehicle brands and styles. 

• Like 1