Miki_Chee

hair/clothing physics

hey i dunno how much of this is an idea/suggestion and wasn't sure where else to post it but here goes!~
i was wondering if you (the devs) had any thoughts about hair/cloth physics for subtle movement in clothing or long hairstyles. Recently nvidia Apex cloth is a thing for Ue4 in one of the newer patch updates they had set up a newer way to add apex cloth, where now you easily can set it up withing Ue4. i heard it isn't super taxing on PC's depending on how you do it. and I've noticed a few indi games of late have had it in there, Another method of cloth physics is adding extra bones in the clothing and having uh joint physics which again is not very taxing, the bone method is probably a lot less taxing on fps then Apex cloth. But yeah id be interested to know if you had thought about it at all or not?  i guess a good example would be a game like dead or alive where their hair flows about all magical and stuff. and clothing items like open jackets move around too.

That indeed would be wonderful!

And to be honest, the physics of clothing isn't exactly what I remember of Dead Or Alive... ^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

That indeed would be wonderful!

And to be honest, the physics of clothing isn't exactly what I remember of Dead Or Alive... ^^

welll.. Boob physics is what you remembered from dead or Alive? LoL!! boob physics are so over rated and silly tbh they are too over the top in games. boobs dont move like a plate of jello. they got a bit more weight in them. 

Edited by Miki_Chee

34 minutes ago, Miki_Chee said:

welll.. Boob physics is what you remembered from dead or Alive? LoL!! boob physics are so over rated and silly tbh they are too over the top in games. boobs dont move like a plate of jello. they got a bit more weight in them. 

If I had to go with ridicules breast physics or, none I would go with none every time. I would like a realistic route as well so the bodies are more life like. This would also go for the men too.  So body's have more flow. Not completely stationary. Some games even have the same physics in the butt moving in such odd ways..  They also need to make sure clothing is separate from the breasts if they even add physics there or anywhere else on the body. 

Otherwise you can get a weird affects.  Even with hair effects it should have collision to the clothing and body at least. So it is more realistic. Always bugs me seeing hair go threw the body and clothing. 

1 hour ago, Miki_Chee said:

I was kidding, I've actually never played one of those games before ^^

4 hours ago, Xzothi said:

If I had to go with ridicules breast physics or, none I would go with none every time. I would like a realistic route as well so the bodies are more life like. This would also go for the men too.  So body's have more flow. Not completely stationary. Some games even have the same physics in the butt moving in such odd ways..  They also need to make sure clothing is separate from the breasts if they even add physics there or anywhere else on the body. 

Otherwise you can get a weird affects.  Even with hair effects it should have collision to the clothing and body at least. So it is more realistic. Always bugs me seeing hair go threw the body and clothing. 

yeah there can be alot of weird issues with any forms of physics but if its don properly and they have the right settings it can look really nice!~ personlly i dont like physics on the body like boobs and butts bounceing around like a niki minaj video. but i do like clothing and hair physics. Especially when its in a scene that has abit of wind. creates more of an atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

I was kidding, I've actually never played one of those games before ^^

And the Dead or alive games are so fun!~ ive played them since the ps1 version and eve back then they had hair and clothing physics. (and boob) lol!~ 

3 hours ago, MntnChicken said:

I remember in one of the development streams they did a few weeks ago they mentioned having clothing physics.

ooh!? must  of missed that part, interesting to know!~ hopefully we will see more insight to what they plan to do with it!~ 

• Like 1

And the Dead or alive games are so fun!~ ive played them since the ps1 version and eve back then they had hair and clothing physics. (and boob) lol!~ 

Well, if PS1 had cloth physics, I wonder how Identity could live without it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miki_Chee said:

ooh!? must  of missed that part, interesting to know!~ hopefully we will see more insight to what they plan to do with it!~ 

If you check the Identity YouTube, I believe they just put up a video regarding clothing recently there. It may even be a recording of the Dev Stream. Unfortunately I havent had the chance to watch it yet, but it may have some answers for you. 

On 15/09/2017 at 5:45 AM, Miki_Chee said:

hey i dunno how much of this is an idea/suggestion and wasn't sure where else to post it but here goes!~
i was wondering if you (the devs) had any thoughts about hair/cloth physics for subtle movement in clothing or long hairstyles. Recently nvidia Apex cloth is a thing for Ue4 in one of the newer patch updates they had set up a newer way to add apex cloth, where now you easily can set it up withing Ue4. i heard it isn't super taxing on PC's depending on how you do it. and I've noticed a few indi games of late have had it in there, Another method of cloth physics is adding extra bones in the clothing and having uh joint physics which again is not very taxing, the bone method is probably a lot less taxing on fps then Apex cloth. But yeah id be interested to know if you had thought about it at all or not?  i guess a good example would be a game like dead or alive where their hair flows about all magical and stuff. and clothing items like open jackets move around too.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoisedRefinedScorpionDoritosChip