Noah325

Identity should be a third person game

I identity should be a third person game First person is only kool in the VR or it should be both that would be cool 

1 hour ago, Noah325 said:

I identity should be a third person game First person is only kool in the VR or it should be both that would be cool 

I think they want to focus on the things you do in life and close to realism as possible, maybe a switch between third and first but then it becomes like GTA or most other RPG's, but we can't see ourselves in the 3rd person view in real life so if they're making a game close to real life then they will do it in first like we see it in real life. Btw I am not ranting or raging at you xD I do agree with the VR thing but again controls for that would be awkward for those who don't or cant have VR (due to money or room space) so then those who want first person wouldn't get it fairly because they'd need expensive equipment, I mean im tryna save for the £400 Oculus Rift yet gotta save about £550 total for a graphics card on top of that xD But like i said, they want it to be close to real life and having it in first person is better and closer than third, gives that realistic edge when your about to be mugged from behind and you don't know till you hear or turn round, where in 3rd person you can see them before they say anything, which kinda kills the mood of edge and scare or having a gun right in your screen (face in first person) instead of having it at your entire character (3rd person like your watching a video on youtube). But again maybe the switch between the two but the game would be so better with first person or VR support but that'll take longer to make the game and most people are getting edgy already xD

1 hour ago, Noah325 said:

Hey there, the game will have both First and Third person views and I have to point out that you should do more research or re-watch the house customisation video because at the beginning in the hallway they clearly show the "Third person view". Please be sure to look around more.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Hey there, the game will have both First and Third person views and I have to point out that you should do more research or re-watch the house customisation video because at the beginning in the hallway they clearly show the "Third person view". Please be sure to look around more.

Oh yeah the video does ? Thanks for the reminder @LuckyDuck

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:03 AM, Noah325 said:

Okay what? First person is about immersion being a part of the world. Also removes some exploits. Has nothing to do with VR.. First person has been in video games for a every long time. Way before VR was a thing.   

With a first person only game you can sneak up to someone. Third person you can't really. This is because with third person you can look behind corners see behind your back and so on. This game though will have both. I just wonder what there plans are for third person view though. Like how will they handle these exploits of people hiding behind things and you can see them but they can see you. 

2 hours ago, Xzothi said:

Okay what? First person is about immersion being a part of the world. Also removes some exploits. Has nothing to do with VR.. First person has been in video games for a every long time. Way before VR was a thing.   

With a first person only game you can sneak up to someone. Third person you can't really. This is because with third person you can look behind corners see behind your back and so on. This game though will have both. I just wonder what there plans are for third person view though. Like how will they handle these exploits of people hiding behind things and you can see them but they can see you. 

Private servers will be able to enforce rules upon it but on official servers they won't enforce rules against it as the official servers will be more casual RP.

Private servers will be able to have first person forced upon everyone in the server settings.

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Private servers will be able to enforce rules upon it but on official servers they won't enforce rules against it as the official servers will be more casual RP.

Private servers will be able to have first person forced upon everyone in the server settings.

Yeah I know. I was just mentioning the reasons why someone would want first person.(Which really does not have anything to do with VR.) With just a side remark wondering how they will do third person camera. I have seen a game handle it in away where the third person camera does not let you look over things that you are hiding behind. Also seen it where if in a car it will not let you see outside unless you are the driver. 

I have also seen it go the other way by letting you do all the above and see threw walls by turning the camera in the right angle. 

Edited by Xzothi

I think there should simply be a choice, if you want to play in either way you should be able to do so. Rpg's are all about choices, and giving people the option to explore, and use their imaginations.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I think there should simply be a choice, if you want to play in either way you should be able to do so. Rpg's are all about choices, and giving people the option to explore, and use their imaginations.

There is, it shows first and third person changes in the housing customisation video. But you are right about choices and stuff, I’m sure this game will present you with what you think

Edited by KennyBatin17

I think a cool way to do it would be restricted 3rd person. So if a player has a gun out it forces them to first person. I imagine it will take some short period of time to pull out a gun, at which point the camera could zoom down over that players head and into first person view.

Third person allowed at all other times.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Caustic_ said:

I think a cool way to do it would be restricted 3rd person. So if a player has a gun out it forces them to first person. I imagine it will take some short period of time to pull out a gun, at which point the camera could zoom down over that players head and into first person view.

Third person allowed at all other times.

A lot of people don’t like restrictions, they like their personal choice, stopping someone from choosing can cause a lot of hate, or some people might like new things, might be a first person lover but would like to try third person, but the game is first and third person anyways, restrictions would only ruin the game due to not much freedom of choice. I personally prefer both because some things look better in first like driving or holding a gun like you said, but sometimes I like the look of seeing your character hold the gun, which is why third and person freedom of choice is good, you get the angle you want for anything. (Sorry for huge paragraph, feel like it really explains the whole situation in one tbh)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KennyBatin17 said:

A lot of people don’t like restrictions, they like their personal choice, stopping someone from choosing can cause a lot of hate, or some people might like new things, might be a first person lover but would like to try third person, but the game is first and third person anyways, restrictions would only ruin the game due to not much freedom of choice. I personally prefer both because some things look better in first like driving or holding a gun like you said, but sometimes I like the look of seeing your character hold the gun, which is why third and person freedom of choice is good, you get the angle you want for anything. (Sorry for huge paragraph, feel like it really explains the whole situation in one tbh)

Good points. I still think as a gameplay mechanic restricting 3rd person to everything besides holding a weapon would be worth exploring, depending on how the camera works in 3rd person anyway, some are better than others. I guess we will need to see how the base level balance of risk/reward and how actual gameplay goes. My thinking was if the 3rd person view does create such an unfair advantage for the attacker, then they could counter balance that with a 1st person only with weapons, or even only when the weapon is at the ready(sighted in). 

I agree with the looks aspect too, it would be cool to take screenshots of you and your gang kitted out, just not aimed down sights. Anyway it ends up I'm cool with, just a thought.

EDIT: Or scrap my idea entirely and maybe decrease accuracy by some amount.

Edited by Caustic_
Accuracy comment
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Caustic_ said:

Good points. I still think as a gameplay mechanic restricting 3rd person to everything besides holding a weapon would be worth exploring, depending on how the camera works in 3rd person anyway, some are better than others. I guess we will need to see how the base level balance of risk/reward and how actual gameplay goes. My thinking was if the 3rd person view does create such an unfair advantage for the attacker, then they could counter balance that with a 1st person only with weapons, or even only when the weapon is at the ready(sighted in). 

I agree with the looks aspect too, it would be cool to take screenshots of you and your gang kitted out, just not aimed down sights. Anyway it ends up I'm cool with, just a thought.

EDIT: Or scrap my idea entirely and maybe decrease accuracy by some amount.

Yeah I’d be happy with either

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but i want my 3rd person for my RP aspects. I wanna see my character.  I do understand your point however, and consider it entirely. 

Edited by acenewton1

5 hours ago, acenewton1 said:

I'm sorry, but i want my 3rd person for my RP aspects. I wanna see my character.  I do understand your point however, and consider it entirely. 

And as long as you have the choice, everybody is happy!