Question

I have a PC myself, but it would be intresting to find out if there will be mac support for identity.

Hope to get some answers :)

9 answers to this question

Hello there, I can tell you there will be MAC and Linux support won't be until after the full game release. Please use the search bar / read through all the FAQ's as because this question and many others are in the FAQ's/ around the forum. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Hello there, I can tell you there will be MAC and Linux support won't be until after the full game release. Please use the search bar / read through all the FAQ's as because this question and many others are in the FAQ's/ around the forum. 

Thanks for fast response! :D

But I actually wanted to find out why there was a mac cursor in identity's housing video. 

The cursor isn't 100% similar to the mac's cursor, but I don't understand why they designed two different cursors in the game.

Ref. Identity's: Insider housing

Time stamps: 1:37 & 5:35

I stared a new thread since I thought it didn't fit in the other threads.

9 minutes ago, Winther said:

But I actually wanted to find out why there was a mac cursor in identity's housing video. 

The cursor isn't 100% similar to the mac's cursor, but I don't understand why they designed two different cursors in the game.

Well, the support for the MAC will be after full release.

16 minutes ago, Winther said:

From what I can tell, and this is pure speculation, the first cursor is just the cursor for the game, a cleaner version of the windows cursor. The second is for the computer. Because Macs are very commonly used, they put a mac cursor in for using a laptop/computer. I don't know why it would be used to select the paint color (glitch maybe?), but that explains why there would be two different cursors. 

6 minutes ago, MntnChicken said:

From what I can tell, and this is pure speculation, the first cursor is just the cursor for the game, a cleaner version of the windows cursor. The second is for the computer. Because Macs are very commonly used, they put a mac cursor in for using a laptop/computer. I don't know why it would be used to select the paint color (glitch maybe?), but that explains why there would be two different cursors. 

Yeah, seems about right.

Also, all of the things you've seen might change. The videos are quite "old" by gaming standards. Often they use assets that are temporary placeholders until they can develop a thing of their own. I'm not saying this is the case with the different mouse cursors, but it could very well be the case nevertheless. I simply don't know, or we simply don't know. But placeholders are a VERY common thing in game development process. And not only in game design, but in design in general this would be the case.

• Like 1

I have a mac and was wondering if I get to go into the town square or do I have to wait for the full release of the game? 

On 09/09/2017 at 7:42 PM, LuckyDuck said:

@Mymantheguy Read my first post on the thread.... Also I have quoted it here ^