Sign in to follow this  
lynnsabin

Hello from Iowa, USA

I don't know why I didn't find this game sooner; I've certainly done enough Internet searches over the past couple of years for a game like this, but I'm here now.

Anyway, howdy everyone, I hope to make many new friends.

Hey there!

Welcome to the Identity Community, it’s great to have you here. I’m Brian, nice to meet you :)

Here’s some links to help you get started. Below, you can find some FAQs and other cool information which you might like:

FAQ (by Motown)

FAQ Extended (by JamesLuck01)

Reddit Q&A

Q&A Podcast w/ Devs (by TheDynasty)

Q&A Podcast w/ Devs (by PowerGaming7)

There’s lots to do in Identity, so whatever path you choose to follow, I hope that you enjoy it. You should also be sure to get into some of the political stuff from time to time and vote for your favourite candidate (once the game is released).

Once again, welcome! :D

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Brian.

As I'm still trying to learn what the game will have to offer, I don't quite know what I will do. With a decade's experience as a police officer, I'm tempted to follow that path, but I've also taken many graduate law classes; so, should the game offer a legal path, I'd consider that. On the other hand, I love camping, fishing, and shooting; thus, I might live out of a camper and be a professional hunter/fisherwoman. Just so many possibilities; I'm quite excited. What about gardening? Will there be an opportunity to be a professional gardener/farmer?

Again, thank you for your welcome, Brian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynnsabin said:

Thank you very much, Brian.

As I'm still trying to learn what the game will have to offer, I don't quite know what I will do. With a decade's experience as a police officer, I'm tempted to follow that path, but I've also taken many graduate law classes; so, should the game offer a legal path, I'd consider that. On the other hand, I love camping, fishing, and shooting; thus, I might live out of a camper and be a professional hunter/fisherwoman. Just so many possibilities; I'm quite excited. What about gardening? Will there be an opportunity to be a professional gardener/farmer?

Again, thank you for your welcome, Brian.

If you check out some of the links that I've provided you should be able to find some more information about the game and "what the game will have to offer".

I know that many people are creating companies right now. For example, if you look in my Signature (globally below my posts/comments), you'll see that I'm running for Governor in-game with my party called The Hamilton Party. It also links to the party's website that I made. There's also the "Hamilton Homes" business I'll own when the game comes out.

I'm not trying to advertise or promote to you right now (although, "2 birds, 1 stone" I suppose) but my point is that like me, many are making businesses and websites for their companies that they'll have in-game just so that they can be prepared for when the game releases (not for quite a while; no release date yet).

People are also creating law firms and becoming lawyers so if you truly wished to go down that route; you could.

If a person is sentenced to prison with a sentence over 15 real-time minutes, they can appeal to go to court which will notify all players nearby to come in for Jury Duty. This gives the offender a chance to speak in defence for themselves or have a lawyer help them in the case. The Jury will then vote.

As for gardening, I believe I remember hearing it being discussed briefly but it won't be a priority in regards to releasing since there's so more important things needing done. Perhaps in the future. Right now they are just working on the Town Square module.

P.S - Please TAG or QUOTE me in replies as I won't be notified of your response otherwise. :)

Edited by BrianHamilton
  • Like 1

Thank you, Brian. There is nothing wrong with efficiency (birds and stones). I haven't an entrepreneurial bone in my body, and starting any kind of business requiring much social interaction runs afoul of my character's personality and backstory.

I have begun to follow the links, and have already viewed all available Youtube files on the game.

21 minutes ago, lynnsabin said:

Thank you, Brian. There is nothing wrong with efficiency (birds and stones). I haven't an entrepreneurial bone in my body, and starting any kind of business requiring much social interaction runs afoul of my character's personality and backstory.

I have begun to follow the links, and have already viewed all available Youtube files on the game.

Glad to help. It's always a pleasure meeting the newcomers and making them feel welcomed (or at least I try to anyway xD).

If you're not interested in owning a business, there are PLENTY (and trust me, I mean "plenty") of different businesses hiring here and more importantly; here

P.S - Please TAG or QUOTE me in replies as I won't be notified of your response otherwise. :)

• Like 1

Welcome. There will be plenty to do in Identity. I believe most people will have something catered to their liking. I'm not sure about the gardening though. I'm even unsure if vegetation grows. Crops will probably grow seeing farming is a possibility. But grass, hedges and the like, I'm really uncertain about. If no definitive answer presents itself before Tuesday, I'll take this question with me for the next developer's live stream.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Glad to help. It's always a pleasure meeting the newcomers and making them feel welcomed (or at least I try to anyway xD).

If you're not interested in owning a business, there are PLENTY (and trust me, I mean "plenty") of different businesses hiring here and more importantly; here

P.S - Please TAG or QUOTE me in replies as I won't be notified of your response otherwise. :)

I write (my last novel is here; thus, I'm always in the process of creating potential characters and backstories. The following is copied from another thread.

===

My character will be a friendly, drama-free individual, who's perhaps a trifle eccentric. She'll be stridently independent, well educated in literature and history (though her education is something she keeps to herself), and ultimately self sufficient, secretive and stubborn. That said, she'll be open to relationships (platonic, or otherwise) with similarly minded people. She'll have a good sense of humor, but in general she won't brook nonsense, grifters, con artists, scammers, or n'er do wells. She'll also be something of a health fanatic -- good food, exercise, and hard work. She'll drink in moderation, and won't do drugs. She'll dress neatly, but not fashionably. She will be utterly at home in the woods and will eschew large social gatherings at all cost. Her notion of the perfect date will be a moonlight picnic, soft jazz on a radio, and a crackling campfire.

Professionally, she'll seek somewhat uncommon sources of revenue; maybe, she will purchase a pig and become a full-time truffle hunter. :P Whatever her career/profession, it will be one where her workaholic nature will be rewarded. Her ultimate goal will be owning a modest country home, where she can garden and tend her cow, chickens, and maybe a goat or two. Neither love nor outrageous fortune will put her off this goal.

Her deepest secret and constant source of torment is that in her previous life she was a targeting officer in the military and was responsible for having called an airstrike on a large group of innocent civilians. The thought of this never entirely leaves her mind.

===

As game launch is likely not imminent, I'll reserve job applications for later. My character will certainly not be a hermitess, but her underlying sense of guilt and shame will most certainly be a driving force in how she initially integrates with the community.

Edited by lynnsabin
Advertising
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Welcome. There will be plenty to do in Identity. I believe most people will have something catered to their liking. I'm not sure about the gardening though. I'm even unsure if vegetation grows. Crops will probably grow seeing farming is a possibility. But grass, hedges and the like, I'm really uncertain about. If no definitive answer presents itself before Tuesday, I'll take this question with me for the next developer's live stream.

Thank you, Genesai. That's precisely why I'm keeping an open mind. I'll look forward to whatever develops.