YaLocalOreo

Character Idea

Name: Mavis (forgot their last name over time) Age: She forgot but she is rather young.

Race/ethnicity/nationality: Biracial (black and white) Born in America

Appearance: Medium Brown Skin, 5'10, Light Brown eyes, Extremely long dreadlocks, Big lips, and Nose.  Was Extremely Beautiful. (still is to a certain extent) Very thin from inadequate eating. Wears a Short Black Dress that has worn and torn over time. Barefoot. Smudged Makeup that's almost completely rubbed off. A small black purse.

Personality: She suffers from a condition called Cotard delusion. This is where the person thinks they are dead. Due to her belief that she is dead, she is a very cold hearted person. She feels almost no emotion except one. Jealousy. She is jealous of anyone that is living (even though herself is actually alive. She wants people to feel what it's like to walk the earth a corpse. Even then she doesn't show it openly. No one has seen her true self and lived. She has no morality left in her. 

Education: Most likely finished high school but doesn't remember. Its useless to her now.

Sexuality: Aromantic Asexual (does not feel romantic or sexual attraction)

Misc Facts: Thinks they are dead. Is only alive because they only want to taste. They don't think they need food but do it out of habit.

Background: Mavis doesn't remember when she was born. She doesn't remember much of her childhood. She only remembers fragments of her "last night alive". She remembers a man, a car, fear. The man had used a kitchen knife to force her into a car. He tried to drown her in a river in the woods. When the man thought he killed her he left. Leaving the knife in the damp sand. When she floated to the surface she breathed air again. However, she thought something was different. She thought she was actually dead. At first, she was angry. She didn't want to die yet. She had so much more to do in life. She wanted people to feel the way she felt. She picked the knife and walked into the dark abyss of the forest. She has never seen again. Or so people thought. After a while, people moved on and in a few years, she was pretty much gone from peoples memories. If you ever see a woman in a black dress walking along a road in the middle of the night, do not stop for her. Do not even acknowledge her. If you already have... it's too late. If you confront her she will ask you one simple question, regardless of what you said to her. She will ask you "What is life after death." If you say you don't know, she will kill you with her kitchen knife. If you answer the question she will try to prove you wrong, killing you. There is no right answer. Your only chance at surviving is to run as fast as you can and to keep running. She will not stop pursuing you until you either lose her or daylight come by. She hates the day and will take shelter in the forest during the day. If you survive her attack, you must never go back to that area unless you are in a car or you know you can get away.

• Like 1

@Calisto, you're going to spend a lot of time in jail if you keep running around stabbing people with a kitchen knife ;)

How does Mavis deal with the fact that people can see her, interact with eventhough she is dead?

6 minutes ago, Mitshuy said:

@Calisto, you're going to spend a lot of time in jail if you keep running around stabbing people with a kitchen knife ;)

How does Mavis deal with the fact that people can see her, interact with eventhough she is dead?

You do realize that she only thinks she dead. (google cotard delusion) and she thinks she is a walking corpse, not an actual ghost. also I would stay in the forest most of my time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Calisto said:

You do realize that she only thinks she dead. (google cotard delusion) and she thinks she is a walking corpse, not an actual ghost. also I would stay in the forest most of my time.

Ahhhhh, I thought she believed she was a ghost indeed, not a walking corpse. My bad :D