Frosted

Kidnapping system

Hi

I have idea which is pretty strange but...

Example:

I walk in the night, I walk next to side street, there is black van and 2 men in black suits. They knock me with baseball, put black bag on my head and they throw me into the van. What will happen next? Maybe torture or sth but it's not the topic.

What do ya think about it?

1 hour ago, DUDExPYRO said:

how does one kidnap someone in this game in the first place??like what way works in the game?

You can ziptie people.

On 31/08/2017 at 10:54 AM, Frosted said:

Hi

I have idea which is pretty strange but...

Example:

I walk in the night, I walk next to side street, there is black van and 2 men in black suits. They knock me with baseball, put black bag on my head and they throw me into the van. What will happen next? Maybe torture or sth but it's not the topic.

What do ya think about it?

Being "bagged" has definitely been discussed a quite a few times before within the community and I think it would be a pretty good idea but if it's a black van, I'm assuming there would be no windows so why would a bag be needed if you wouldn't know where you were going anyway? xD

If a head bag did get released into the game; I think it would be far too much to just obscure your vision entirely. It would be much better to make it difficult to see through but not too difficult so you can have a very rough idea of the path you were taken but not be entirely sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

Being "bagged" has definitely been discussed a quite a few times before within the community and I think it would be a pretty good idea but if it's a black van, I'm assuming there would be no windows so why would a bag be needed if you wouldn't know where you were going anyway? xD

If a head bag did get released into the game; I think it would be far too much to just obscure your vision entirely. It would be much better to make it difficult to see through but not too difficult so you can have a very rough idea of the path you were taken but not be entirely sure.

Not sure how hard it would be to do obscure your vision entirely. When third party's have done such a thing in second life. They basically would create a hud that covered the screen. So it worked in first person and third person. Some even forced you into first person. 

57 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

Not sure how hard it would be to do obscure your vision entirely. When third party's have done such a thing in second life. They basically would create a hud that covered the screen. So it worked in first person and third person. Some even forced you into first person. 

That's not what I said or meant haha.

I was saying that I don't like the idea of making it completely black/too dark with a bag on your head as it would make it too difficult to escape/find your way about.

Yes, that's the point of the bag, but you still need to give the player a chance. I'm saying, it would be better to obscure the vision a lot, but not too much so it's still fair and they still have a chance to find their way if they were to escape.

14 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

That's not what I said or meant haha.

I was saying that I don't like the idea of making it completely black/too dark with a bag on your head as it would make it too difficult to escape/find your way about.

Yes, that's the point of the bag, but you still need to give the player a chance. I'm saying, it would be better to obscure the vision a lot, but not too much so it's still fair and they still have a chance to find their way if they were to escape.

Oh okay my bad. You could though still escape by using sounds. Like they did it with Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. Or that other indie game called the THE TOWER.  How they could do it here is just increase the environment sounds a bit.   

Even if not the process of escaping could be taking the bag on your head off. An finding your way back to civilization. To me these ideas make it more fun with escaping. I wouldn't want to basically have a cheat to know where I am headed too. I would like to have to find my own way back. Also that would be more realistic.  That is just me though. You are right though a people may not like that much. Since a good deal of people do not like it where the game takes control away from them.  So it is best over all so the player feels like they always have some sense of control. 

19 hours ago, Xzothi said:

No game should ever force people towards first person or third person view. I'd prefer the HUD masking option then in both views. Some people get sick with first person movement, and others with third person. I have no issues with either, but I'm aware some people do.

I've talked about this issue before with weapon reloading and ammo count display. It would be great if you could slide out your weapon magazine, and count your bullets, but that would barely work in third person. And forcing people to play first person just for that, wouldn't be nice. Having your ammo count on a HUD would also break away immersion. In this particular case you would just count (or roughly estimate) the shots you've fired and go from there. A similar thing could work for bagging / blindfolding someone. If your view is obscured, but not totally blinded, you'd still have a rough idea which direction you're heading without actually knowing which address you're heading to.

11 hours ago, Genesai said:

No game should ever force people towards first person or third person view. I'd prefer the HUD masking option then in both views. Some people get sick with first person movement, and others with third person. I have no issues with either, but I'm aware some people do.

I've talked about this issue before with weapon reloading and ammo count display. It would be great if you could slide out your weapon magazine, and count your bullets, but that would barely work in third person. And forcing people to play first person just for that, wouldn't be nice. Having your ammo count on a HUD would also break away immersion. In this particular case you would just count (or roughly estimate) the shots you've fired and go from there. A similar thing could work for bagging / blindfolding someone. If your view is obscured, but not totally blinded, you'd still have a rough idea which direction you're heading without actually knowing which address you're heading to.

Something you should note you can't please everyone.  If you can't see you can't get sick. The issue with first person and people getting sick anyway relates to the fov not first person as a whole.  You should also realize some people get sick in third person. This is again because of the fov. If your view is totally blinded by sound you can have a rough idea where your headed as well.  

You do not need to see to escape. Anyway they could still have it so you can take it off the blindfold. It wouldn't be locked to one person. This is a blindfold or bag.   Your issue with the weapon is they could add a inspect option on it where it shows the amount on the gun. Or just doing it gives you the number you have left. No need a hud persay there. They could even still have that information on the phone where your ammo amount is listed there. No need to have a always up floating hud.  

Again like I have said I would prefer complete blindness. Just make the act of escaping more fun. Even if one of the first acts to escaping is to remove the bag/bindfold from your head.  One must also note there will be servers if there is a option where it forces everyone who plays there in first person. Since a good deal of people call third person camera cheating.  I also do not understand how you can talk about braking immersion when you have a free floating third person camera. Last I checked that is not how it works in the real world either.  If anything I would like if they had third person relied on using some drown that could be shot down. I doubt that would happen though. 

3 hours ago, Xzothi said:

Again like I have said I would prefer complete blindness. Just make the act of escaping more fun. Even if one of the first acts to escaping is to remove the bag/bindfold from your head.  One must also note there will be servers if there is a option where it forces everyone who plays there in first person. Since a good deal of people call third person camera cheating.  I also do not understand how you can talk about braking immersion when you have a free floating third person camera. Last I checked that is not how it works in the real world either.  If anything I would like if they had third person relied on using some drown that could be shot down. I doubt that would happen though. 

I'm not going to get involved in your other discussion about guns or camera view but please tell me you're kidding with "complete blindness". No, that would be FAR too OP. Wayyyyy too much. I can't express enough how bad that would be and I agree with @Genesai's statement here:

16 hours ago, Genesai said:

A similar thing could work for bagging / blindfolding someone. If your view is obscured, but not totally blinded, you'd still have a rough idea which direction you're heading without actually knowing which address you're heading to.

It gives the hostage a fair chance to escape but still makes it a challenge for them since not only do they need to see through bits of the bag/blindfold fabric but they need to do it without being seen by the captor. Not to mention that you would be much slower.

If you were to add COMPLETE BLINDNESS to all of that then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to escape. Absolutely NO CHANCE. At all. NONE. That's far too OP and completely unfair. You need to give them a chance but still make it difficult. Plus, it wouldn't be fun at all to just stare at a black screen listening to footsteps in the ground as you walk. Who wants to be sitting there watching a black screen waiting for them to do something?

At least with my way, if a troll (not someone who legitimately wants to play as a criminal, just someone doing it for your reaction and for fun) were to kidnap you, you'd have a chance to escape rather than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with them indefinitely with no chance of escape.

5 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

I'm not going to get involved in your other discussion about guns or camera view but please tell me you're kidding with "complete blindness". No, that would be FAR too OP. Wayyyyy too much. I can't express enough how bad that would be and I agree with @Genesai's statement here:

It gives the hostage a fair chance to escape but still makes it a challenge for them since not only do they need to see through bits of the bag/blindfold fabric but they need to do it without being seen by the captor. Not to mention that you would be much slower.

If you were to add COMPLETE BLINDNESS to all of that then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to escape. Absolutely NO CHANCE. At all. NONE. That's far too OP and completely unfair. You need to give them a chance but still make it difficult. Plus, it wouldn't be fun at all to just stare at a black screen listening to footsteps in the ground as you walk. Who wants to be sitting there watching a black screen waiting for them to do something?

At least with my way, if a troll (not someone who legitimately wants to play as a criminal, just someone doing it for your reaction and for fun) were to kidnap you, you'd have a chance to escape rather than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with them indefinitely with no chance of escape.

Yet in second life you were able to. Even if you were fully blindfolded. It is possible to escape. It is super easy to escape if you were to see. At that point there is no reason for a blindfold of any type. 

So yeah in my experience you saying impossible is incorrect. You still can take off the blindfold which people who dislike the idea keep ignoring. The blindfold is not forever locked onto the character. The blindfold wouldn't work it being locked on to the character. 

Again you are better off just not having a blindfold at all if you can see threw it.  Hell even in ark you could knock someone out so they can't see and still you could escape after you wake up. Not impossible. The issue with ark is that it puts you completely out of control when you get knocked out like that. Yet again having a blindfold wouldn't knock you out it would just make it so you can't see. You would still be in full control being able to run away and again being able to remove the blindfold. 

Edit: btw you may not like my weapon ammo ideas but the developers them self had similar ideas they talked about doing.

Edited by Xzothi

6 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

Yet in second life you were able to. Even if you were fully blindfolded. It is possible to escape. It is super easy to escape if you were to see. At that point there is no reason for a blindfold of any type. 

So yeah in my experience you saying impossible is incorrect. You still can take off the blindfold which people who dislike the idea keep ignoring. The blindfold is not forever locked onto the character. That wouldn't work it being locked.  

Again you are better off just not having a blindfold at all if you can see threw it.  Hell even in ark you could knock someone out so they can't see and still you could escape after you wake up. Not impossible. The issue with ark is that it puts you completely out of control when you get knocked out like that. Yet again having a blindfold wouldn't knock you out it would just make it so you can't see. You would still be in full control being able to run away. Being able to remove the blindfold. 

You're not able to see entirely, it will still be very challenging with a lot of fabric of the bag/blindfold blocking you, but you can only see through little bits of the netting/fabric but only just very barely.

We're only going to go back and forth here unless you start trying to see things from my point of view and what I'm trying to go for here.

If your screen is pitch black. Absolutely NOTHING in-sight. Literally just blackness. An entire, full, black screen. Only black. Not even little shades or slight very few bits of sight, just blackness. Only blackness (I'm repeating so much on purpose), it would be impossible to see where you're going. You might be running at a wall for 10 minutes and not even know it, meanwhile the captor is just standing their watching you and laughing so yes, yes it would be impossible. This is not "Second Life" or "Ark".

If your hands are bound, like they would be more than 75% of the time when you got kidnapped (since most kidnappers wouldn't be stupid enough to forget to bind the hostage's hands) then there's no way you could take your blindfold off unless you found someone else who took it off for you.

29 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

You're not able to see entirely, it will still be very challenging with a lot of fabric of the bag/blindfold blocking you, but you can only see through little bits of the netting/fabric but only just very barely.

We're only going to go back and forth here unless you start trying to see things from my point of view and what I'm trying to go for here.

If your screen is pitch black. Absolutely NOTHING in-sight. Literally just blackness. An entire, full, black screen. Only black. Not even little shades or slight very few bits of sight, just blackness. Only blackness (I'm repeating so much on purpose), it would be impossible to see where you're going. You might be running at a wall for 10 minutes and not even know it, meanwhile the captor is just standing their watching you and laughing so yes, yes it would be impossible. This is not "Second Life" or "Ark".

If your hands are bound, like they would be more than 75% of the time when you got kidnapped (since most kidnappers wouldn't be stupid enough to forget to bind the hostage's hands) then there's no way you could take your blindfold off unless you found someone else who took it off for you.

Again have you ever experienced what your talking about in any game?(I have for both cases.) In second life you also see absolutely nothing if you use a blindfold that completely takes out your vision. In a game that is a far amount bigger and more complicated then this game will be.  Again you can untie your self and, remove the blindfold. You act like everything can't get out of it. Even with your hands tied you could still remove the blindfold.  Again even something second life had is being bounded.   

Of course it isn't second life or ark or any game. Yet you your self are acting like you already know 100% how it will work and play out. Like you have already played the game. So how can you say oh it is not second life or ark but yet go into how it will be. We do not know how it will or will not fully. May as well just say I don't know and end it there. Since we got nothing to talk about if you ignore every game that has done similar systems.(Talking in hyperboll does not do anything for anyone.) 

Like I have said it is way to easy. No challenge if you can see threw the blindfold. My as well just scrap the idea completely. The captor is better off taking you into a van with no windows. An blocking off the front. Depending on how the third person camera works. If it locks you into the van and can't see threw the van or take your third person camera out of the van. If it did these things you wouldn't be able to see still. (This is all based on experience I have had in other games. So I am not talking in hyperboll.)

Edited by Xzothi