HairyGrenade

Dev Blog #009

Moving on up (to the fifth floor)

There's never been a more exicting time for the Identity development team than right now. We're growing from a small team of passionate and skilled developers into a true studio with real development horsepower.

Asylum's New Home
Asylum Entertainment's New Home

Identity is being produced by a very small team, although with our new office (see above) we're on a hiring craze and expanding in a big way. In fact, our programming team is going to be three times larger by the end of September. That's only the tip, too, as we're also bringing in a full-time dedicated community manager so that you get the regular updates from the team which you deserve. Our art team is also expanding with some of the most incredible talent in the industry.

It pains us that Identity has seen delays; we truly want the game in your hands as soon as possible. With our modest team it's been a difficult road but, with the great help of yourself and other backers, it's full-steam ahead.

Once we're situated in our new office (we get the keys in one week) and your new community manager is ready to go, it's our intention keep this great community in constant contact with the team!

New in the Town Square

If you've been watching closely on the IdentityRPG Twitch Channel, which is live for a Q&A with the developers every Tueday through Thursday, you've seen a lot of art these last few weeks. From concept art to screenshots and clothing, below are just a few of the pieces we've shown, plus something new for good measure.

We're really pushing the development streams now, too. You'll be able to watch environment artist Antoine at work Wednesday, August 30 at 1PM EST. Moving forward, we're going to try to give you at least one development stream every single week. Watch Twitter for announcements.

Town Square Clothing Store
Town Square Clothing Store

Remember the clothing store concept art we showed last month? This in-game screenshot shows how concept translates to reality (minus the actual clothing). Another new addition, ambiant radio, brings this scene to life. When you walk into this clothing store you'll notice music playing from the speakers. It's not just music in our game, either, it's real streaming radio playing songs you know. Different stores can now play ambiant music that matches their style and enhances immersive atmosphere.

Ash Hill Police HQ Concept
Ash Hill Police HQ Concept

The Ash Hill police station will open it's doors in the Town Square module shortly after its release. Seen above is the concept for the lobby, locker room (where players "sign in" as an officer) and the shooting range. The shooting range will be available in the Town Square to give you a feel for weapons in Identity before you get your hands on the SWAT module.

Ash Hill Barber Concept
Ash Hill Barber Concept

While a large variety of player customizations will be available during your initial character creation, some options are reserved for locations in the world. Barber shops, like the Ash Hill Barber you'll find in the Town Square shown above, will have additional hair options; other shops around the land will present different styles.

Some rarer character customization options may be unlocked through gameplay achievements.

A peak at pledge rewards

Below are concept pieces of the pledge rewards you may already own. Our new website, almost ready to go, will bring new options while some of the existing will no longer be available.

Rusted Car ConceptOld Dirt Bike and Used Motorcycle Concepts
Pledge Reward Concepts

-- John VanderZwet

Let's Make Identity Great!

Identity's development is going great thanks to the support of people like you, but systems like these take a lot of manpower and resources to create. Identity has an awesome community behind it, but when more people know about what we're creating and our budget grows from pledges, we can not only work faster but we can do more, too.

If you're as excited to play Identity as we are making it, help spread the word. The gaming industry has needed a game like Identity for too long; let's make it great together!

• Like 10

Thanks for the fast share for people who did not receive their email! 
You saved a lot of impatient people hehe!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddy_Mind said:

great Job guys ;) when the new Video is coming in?

yeah when will the video come

7 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

yeah when will the video come

The video will come out when it comes out. There is no ETA.

• Like 1

This is great but I am sad that there are no news about Paramedics/Fire department personnel yet.

Edited by Zulnex

Okey but dude that ist bullshit why they dont show more from the game...

The game ist still 3 years in progress i want to buy that game but im not sure if this game will come out...

26 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

The game ist still 3 years in progress i want to buy that game but im not sure if this game will come out...

How many more account are you going to make? 
Stop coming back and trash talk nonstop about the game.

It doesn't affect me or any others so refrain yourself from wasting energy!

xoxo

35 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

The want the first module out as soon as possible. We can hope for within this month. If not, maybe next month. But the whole game wouldn't be out until 2018. There's no specific ETA.

But hey, you can still buy the game when it's out :D You're only able to pre-buy the game now :D

8 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

But hey, you can still buy the game when it's out :D You're only able to pre-buy the game now :D

Yes i know but if this game will come out the prices will cost more

6 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

Yes i know but if this game will come out the prices will cost more

That's right. But you could do yourself a favor by buying it now. It will come out when it comes out. You won't loose more money by waiting, and if you spends 30$ on buying the beta-release, you'll get in before anyone else who's waiting for the full game release.

Edited by MikaFromDenmark

Yes but im scared that this game will not realeased and my money gone for nothing...

6 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

That's right. But you could do yourself a favor by buying it now. It will come out when it comes out. You won't loose more money by waiting, and if you spends 30$ on buying the beta-release, you'll get in before anyone else who's waiting for the full game release.

6 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

Yes but im scared that this game will not realeased and my money gone for nothing...

It WILL come out.

They have spend so much time, and it is SO CLOSE for release of the first module. Trust me. I think they would do anything to get it released.

5 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

I heard from a youtube that the game will come out this week but im not sure

That's just a rumor. They haven't confirmed any specific releasedate on the first module.

Okey but what i dont understand is why they dont tell more about the realese date and other things if they dont give more information about this game the people will not trust that the game will come out like me.

Let me clear it out for you.
If they would be scammers like you're low-key are trying to say.
Why are they allowing refunds? And giving people their money back when they issue a refund?

Stop speculating stuff if you don't know the details.
Maybe look around the forums, join the discord and join the twitch stream.
This way you will know more about the game.
Join the community and be active instead of making an account and crying without any involvement what so ever.

Enjoy your day xo

34 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

Okey but what i dont understand is why they dont tell more about the realese date and other things

Because the game already is delayed. They don't wanna give a releasedate, as they could get delayed again. In short: They don't wanna let us down again.

34 minutes ago, TheLeipers said:

if they dont give more information about this game the people will not trust that the game will come out like me.

That is not excactly true, no. There's just people like you, who's negative, and don't think about how much they're doing or how much they have to be responsible for. There's a whole lot of people who doesn't take in mind they are a small team who's building - maybe - the most realistic game in history. Identity is a pretty advanced game with a lot of reality involved, it takes time to make such things.

But, if those people like you, don't belive that this game will come out, you can just wait until the game is released. It's your choice. Nobody is forcing you to buy the game now. :)

24 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

Let me clear it out for you.
If they would be scammers like you're low-key are trying to say.
Why are they allowing refunds? And giving people their money back when they issue a refund?

Stop speculating stuff if you don't know the details.
Maybe look around the forums, join the discord and join the twitch stream.
This way you will know more about the game.
Join the community and be active instead of making an account and crying without any involvement what so ever.

Enjoy your day xo

Agree

7 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

Because the game already is delayed. They don't wanna give a releasedate, as they could get delayed again. In short: They don't wanna let us down again.

That is not excactly true, no. There's just people like you, who's negative, and don't think about how much they're doing or how much they have to be responsible for. There's a whole lot of people who doesn't take in mind they are a small team who's building - maybe - the most realistic game in history. Identity is a pretty advanced game with a lot of reality involved, it takes time to make such things.

Agree

Thanks for agreeing with me.

• Like 1

No i dont think like that but i wont more information i still wait for this game for 3 years but i forget this game for a long time anyway i hope the game will released soon and we can play together i will buy a kit or a rank tomorrow and thank you for the conversation guys :D