General_Reece_Fel

We Need To Have Stocks!

Do you trade stocks for real? I am in forex. Regardless, the financial markets would be cool. I believe it would be a. sh*t ton of work to execute, though! :o

• Like 1

I don't think it would be too hard if it was unaffected by player involvement nor any companies on the market were owned by players. 

Imagine the following: At the beginning inveting in already very organized groups would be the way to go. Optimal, if there are close to none competitiors. Ofc the worth of the company will rise, so it is like easy profit. We would also need enough people buying/selling stocks, so the whole system doesen't crash. I personally think a stock market would be great, but added in a more developed stage of the game. This way the devs are able to see if this whole thing would work.

I personally think it would have to start straight from the beginning @Svanders. Many businesses like my own will require adequate capital to startup and in return, investors will be given common stock i.e a share of the company. Depending on the future of the company, a stockholder can make or lose money. This game mechanic would benefit many businesses and investors alike by generating tax revenue for the government, and goods and services for the people, as well as profit for investors, respectively. Overall its a unique idea that has never been showcased in a game before and I think will have a positive outcome for the developers and players.