YaLocalOreo

Religious Items of clothing.

Will there be religious items of clothing that we will be able to wear in Identity? Things like A hijab or a kippah or even a nuns habit. Is that going to be in the game?

• Like 1

Oh boy. Asylum better do it before the SJWs put a lawsuit on their asses lmao

Edited by Notic3
  • Like 1

I doubt it. Religion and real life politics are best kept out of virtual worlds, for obvious reasons.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, monokoi said:

I doubt it. Religion and real life politics are best kept out of virtual worlds, for obvious reasons.

+1

On 8/20/2017 at 0:15 AM, Calisto said:

Will there be religious items of clothing that we will be able to wear in Identity? Things like A hijab or a kippah or even a nuns habit. Is that going to be in the game?

This is your chance to finally not be covered up24/7 and you actually want to wear it...I'll never understand religious nuts.

15 hours ago, Zeus said:

This is your chance to finally not be covered up24/7 and you actually want to wear it...I'll never understand religious nuts.

Little extreme, I'm a religious nut to an extent lol. Catholic raised in your traditional Catholic new yorker household. I prefer keeping it out of games because more bad than good could come of it. I think all these big organisations need to steer clear of "politics" and religious things REGARDLESS of what one part of the community wants.

It's better to stay neutral than cater to only half of the playerbase/community IMO.

Edited by Notic3

On 20/08/2017 at 9:24 PM, monokoi said:

I can see this religious discussion getting very out of hand, very quickly.

Anyway, I think it's still important to have it in the game. Why restrict people's rights to roleplay as themselves in another world just because of their religion? I understand there will be conflict but there's already conflict in the real world, this is just a video game.

They are allowing same-sex marriage within the game (huge props to the Devs for that <3) so why can't we allow a few simple pieces of religious clothing? :)

Edited by xBrianHx
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, xBrianHx said:

I can see this religious discussion getting very out of hand, very quickly.

Anyway, I think it's still important to have it in the game. Why restrict people's rights to roleplay as themselves in another world just because of their religion? I understand there will be conflict but there's already conflict in the real world, this is just a video game.

They are allowing same-sex marriage within the game (huge props to the Devs for that <3) so why can't we allow a few simple pieces of religious clothing? :)

So I've reread your post multiple times and must admit I'm slightly confused. In your first statement you emphasize how quickly this subject may get out of hand, so you're clearly aware of the great potential for conflict it carries. Yet you proceed to advocate its inclusion. 

Obviously my statements are based on my personal beliefs and I'm not too keen to see real life issues imported into a game. This includes, but is not limited to: Jihadism, racism, antisemitism and a whole lot of other "-isms". 

I do however welcome any religious or political movements that are created within and in compliance with the games lore. So if someone wants to initiate the "Church of the Pink Bunny" - why not. 

I do not see the coherence between implementing the LGBT way of life and real life politics / religion - but this would would go beyond the scope of this discussion. 

In any case, this is just my opinion, which carries no impact anyhow. Maybe the devs could share their point of view, because in the end that's all that matters.

Edited by monokoi

18 hours ago, monokoi said:

So I've reread your post multiple times and must admit I'm slightly confused. In your first statement you emphasize how quickly this subject may get out of hand, so you're clearly aware of the great potential for conflict it carries. Yet you proceed to advocate its inclusion. 

Obviously my statements are based on my personal beliefs and I'm not too keen to see real life issues imported into a game. This includes, but is not limited to: Jihadism, racism, antisemitism and a whole lot of other "-isms". 

I do however welcome any religious or political movements that are created within and in compliance with the games lore. So if someone wants to initiate the "Church of the Pink Bunny" - why not. 

I do not see the coherence between implementing the LGBT way of life and real life politics / religion - but this would would go beyond the scope of this discussion. 

In any case, this is just my opinion, which carries no impact anyhow. Maybe the devs could share their point of view, because in the end that's all that matters.

I mean, there's always going to be the risk that anything can get out of hand very quickly but that doesn't mean that I still can't comment on it.

In a game based around living a second life, in the most realistic way possible, it would only be natural to implement hijabs, kippahs and other religious pieces of clothing. There will of course be laws in place on official servers and I imagine that Identity themselves would work hard to prevent Islamaphobia, racism, etc. But there's still no reason why members of the Muslim, Jewish, Sikh, etc. community can't feel welcome in here just because of what they wear as part of their religion. If they want to be able to roleplay as themselves in another world, they should be able to.

The reference to LGBTQIA+ equality and same-sex marriage that I made was in regards to the "isms" and your worry of their being hate and discrimination. Many people are against same-sex marriage and the LGBTQIA+ community (which is very sad and unfortunate) but Identity still allowed same-sex marriage in the game so why can't they add religious clothing into the game just because of the few trolls who might disagree with it? People aren't always going to agree with everything. That was why I brought it up.

You're more than welcome to your opinion, of course, and it's good that we can share our thoughts on things like this so that the community as a whole can feel comfortable with the game when it's released, but I'm just sharing my opinion too, so I hope you understand that. I agree, if the Devs were to share their opinion (which I imagine they might in the future) that would also be very helpful, however, I imagine they are working on more important things and will get to the "smaller" details such as specific pieces of clothing in the near future. :)

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 10:24 PM, monokoi said:

Though politics will be a big part of Identity. Even if you aren't into it, you'll be confronted with it. Tax rates, bylaws, etc. But I suppose there won't be any "real" left or right wing parties. Not in the racial sense anyway. That wouldn't take with Asylum or the majority of the citizens. Or anyone with common sense. :P

Religion is touchy though. Allowing some outfits, like for nuns, would mean allowing anything else religious wise. In this case it's all or nothing. Going mid-way would be treading dangerous waters. So I suggest the devs think deeply about this. I'm not a religious person, and I couldn't care what happens either way. But I do feel (maybe as an outsider) that religious people can get quite angered not so much if misrepresented or underrepresented, but more so if unequally represented.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 6:52 AM, Notic3 said:

Little extreme, I'm a religious nut to an extent lol. Catholic raised in your traditional Catholic new yorker household. I prefer keeping it out of games because more bad than good could come of it. I think all these big organisations need to steer clear of "politics" and religious things REGARDLESS of what one part of the community wants.

It's better to stay neutral than cater to only half of the playerbase/community IMO.

I'm 18. I was a christian for 18 years. I don't want to get into a debate but lets just say if you actually read the bible, quaran, whatever you'll see it's just stories and fairytales. It's best to keep it out like you said because I can just see people wearing it and running around shouting allah akbar. 

I agree.  

25 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I'm 18. I was a christian for 18 years. I don't want to get into a debate but lets just say if you actually read the bible, quaran, whatever you'll see it's just stories and fairytales. It's best to keep it out like you said because I can just see people wearing it and running around shouting allah akbar. 

I agree.  

There's going to be the risk of people "running around shouting allah akbar" anyway but hopefully on official servers that can be moderated.

I don't see why people of the Muslim, Jewish or other religious community which require certain clothing to be worn, can't roleplay as themselves in a "second life" here on Identity, just because of a few trolls. There's going to be a very few amount of people (but an amount nonetheless) who will **** around with the character customisation and create a troll character (or as troll-like as possible anyway) and act like one so why does it matter about the clothing?

As I've already said in my previous post(s), if same-sex marriage is implemented, why can't this be too? LGBTQ+ can be a very controversial topic and has a lot of hate towards it within the gaming community, however it has still been implemented. (Just for the record, I'm LGBTQ+ and supportive in case there was any confusion in this paragraph).

1 hour ago, xBrianHx said:

There's going to be the risk of people "running around shouting allah akbar" anyway but hopefully on official servers that can be moderated.

I don't see why people of the Muslim, Jewish or other religious community which require certain clothing to be worn, can't roleplay as themselves in a "second life" here on Identity, just because of a few trolls. There's going to be a very few amount of people (but an amount nonetheless) who will **** around with the character customisation and create a troll character (or as troll-like as possible anyway) and act like one so why does it matter about the clothing?

As I've already said in my previous post(s), if same-sex marriage is implemented, why can't this be too? LGBTQ+ can be a very controversial topic and has a lot of hate towards it within the gaming community, however it has still been implemented. (Just for the record, I'm LGBTQ+ and supportive in case there was any confusion in this paragraph).

As I've said already, best to steer clear of controversial topics like this, as it only caters to half of the community and will make the other half uncomfortable or unhappy with the content. Why can't you just remain neutral? There's going to be lots of things you won't like throughout life, you can't make everyone cater to your needs. I'm religious, but I agree with keeping religion out of the game for obvious reasons.

Politics on the other hand, politics in-game will be healthy for RP. We mean politics specifically in the sense that we don't want people to be encouraged to bring their actual political opinions into the game regarding things like BLM, Antifa, Trump VS Clinton type bs.

Edited by Notic3
  • Like 1