Villasenor

Court and careers

I would love to see a court system in place and realistic one as well. I know Motown said there will be no bonds but I would love to see it. Also having jobs like judges, councilors, bounty hunters, etc. And having a cooperation type of bondsman. People can loan bonds but people who decide to not show up to court will have a bounty hunter after them.

7 hours ago, Villasenor said:

I would love to see a court system in place and realistic one as well. I know Motown said there will be no bonds but I would love to see it. Also having jobs like judges, councilors, bounty hunters, etc. And having a cooperation type of bondsman. People can loan bonds but people who decide to not show up to court will have a bounty hunter after them.

You won't go to court unless you request a trial when you are in prison. You can have a guy represent you and defend you in the court.

Random players are selected to go and be the Jury in the court.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacobchallenges said:

are lawyers going to be a job players can be in the game?

I heard there was going to be a thing where people can represent people in court? hopefully this holds up as i would love to do something like this :)

On 17/08/2017 at 0:08 PM, LuckyDuck said:

You won't go to court unless you request a trial when you are in prison. You can have a guy represent you and defend you in the court.

Just to extend on LuckyDuck's comment a little bit, from what I've heard officially, you won't be able to request a trial unless your sentence is over 15 minutes.

I also remember hearing somewhere from the Devs that the players who are chosen to become Jurors (I think that's the right word) to vote on the outcome of the trial, will be chosen from players relatively close to the area you're currently in and will send out a message informing them that they are being requested for Jury Duty.

• Like 1

Yes I agree with most! Lawyers would be a great asset, we also should have unlimited animal count as farmers as well make movies and even to sell books of ur own and also music!

On 8/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, xBrianHx said:

I also remember hearing somewhere from the Devs that the players who are chosen to become Jurors (I think that's the right word) to vote on the outcome of the trial, will be chosen from players relatively close to the area you're currently in and will send out a message informing them that they are being requested for Jury Duty.

Jury Duty will not be mandatory if you get selected. You have the option to refuse to go (unlike real life) and the game will continue searching for other people. I believe it will indeed be range based and it will start inner and search wider out if necessary.

• Like 1

I for one hope the developers take their time and design a good law system. Here's how it should work. If you want to become an attorney, you have to start out as a Public Defender, being paid a base salary by the town. As you represent people,  players leave feedback/star ratings on your practice. Once the governor deems satisfactory; you would be granted so much tax money to open your private office. The same would be done for District Attorneys. Just like real life, you have to dedicate so much service to the state before you can sign off active duty as a DA and go work for a private office.

As a District Attorney, discovery packets appear in your file cabinet as soon as the arrest is made and the officer files the report to the state's office. If the defendant request trial, they should be allowed to make a call from lockup to either a friend or a private law office. Once the office gets the call, the case file would automatically show up in the lawyer's client request and they can either accept or decline the offer. If they accept; a notice would appear on the District Attorney's computer and a court date should be set for preliminary hearing. If there are witnesses the defendant or DA or arresting officer is responsible for putting that information in the case file prior to the preliminary hearing. If they fail to the result of the case could result in a more lenient sentence or possibly an acquittal depending on how much evidence is missing. 

On 8/21/2017 at 8:32 PM, BrianHamilton said:

Just to extend on LuckyDuck's comment a little bit, from what I've heard officially, you won't be able to request a trial unless your sentence is over 15 minutes.

I just hope they both make the jails interesting and being criminal profitable enough to be worth waiting the sentence out in the jails. I for one think that the jail period should be 15 minutes maxium. Otherwise it will get quite boring.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:08 AM, LuckyDuck said:

Is it possible to request Jury Duty?

3 hours ago, Negan said:

Is it possible to request Jury Duty?

Jury duty is random and no, you can't request the duty.