Sign in to follow this  
Kenny

I'm not sure if this has been answered anywhere but I have a question

Question

How many official servers will there be in the full release of identity? Also how many players will be able to play per server?

Edited by Kenny
Spelling error

4 answers to this question

There isn't a specified number, but there will most likely be a few for each region. The servers will have at least 300 people concurrently, possibly up to 500.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenny said:

How many official servers will there be in the full release of identity? Also how many players will be able to play per server?

1. There will be many, but it depends on how much the player base is.

2. The player slots will be 300 but if the devs wanted, they could go higher because of the technology they have, however it don't mean they will go higher.

• Like 1

The software they'll be using has the potential of a 1000 players even and more. They did say: "The more we'd be willing to pay, the more players we could have. This software is incredible." (along those lines) Also it's some sort of cluster network designed for MMO type gaming. So basically the number of players could be too high it's not even playable anymore, in my perception anyway. xD Imagine all houses being sold or rented out. Only apartment (studios) left over on a server.

But indeed they'll be trying 300 and see where things go. The number of players on a server impacts a lot of things besides the usual (potential) lag. The economy, immersion, tax rates, etc. All are affected by this. It will take some experimentation for sure.

• Like 1