Sign in to follow this  
DanDud88

Let Identity learn from APB?

I know on both posts, i was just saying i watched the video and it says that APB's main problem was it was too ambitious, had to many managers and didnt talk to its target audiece.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DanDud88 said:

I know on both posts, i was just saying i watched the video and it says that APB's main problem was it was too ambitious, had to many managers and didnt talk to its target audiece.

Surely Identity is ambitious, but it does NOT have too many managers and it DOES talk to the community. The real issue here is that the community (in general) is never happy with the information they get. They always want more.

Also, comparing APB and APB:R with Identity is so so soooo wrong. Both the game, and the development process are way different. Yes you do compare them when you say "LET IDENTITY LEARN FROM APB?". It's like saying "let Stalin learn from Caesar's mistakes", or "let Hitler learn from Napoleon's mistakes". Sure, both were high placed military officials, but besides that the comparison makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

Yeah never heard of this game but looks interesting but its not the same as Identity, Identity's problem is they take to long to release shit

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 8:46 PM, Genesai said:

Also, comparing APB and APB:R with Identity is so so soooo wrong.

I'd have to disagree with that I'm afraid. I think that there are indeed lessons to be learned there.

The first lesson is, for me anyway, quite clear. In order to live up to expectations then you pretty much have to make something more than just another 'cops and robbers' game. Given that Asylum have stated that Identity will essentially be a 'cops and robbers' game, is food for thought. Giving players guns and putting them on opposing sides is not, no matter how you dress it up, 'changing what it means to be an mmo'. In order to be something more, then Asylum will need to find a way to marry those cops and robbers with the social/business players, something that's rarely (if ever) been done to any lasting degree. After all, if you're being shot each time you step out onto the street, then at the very least you're going to find it pretty hard to run a business, or even do some of the 'regular' jobs that Asylum have hinted at.

APB failed for many reasons, but very near the top of the list of reasons why, was the fact that they didn't really offer anything that we could not do better somewhere else. THAT is why Identity really does need to 'change what it means to be an mmo'.

• Like 1

if anything they need to learn from ARMA 3 Project life game play and Emerson, just the life mod in general i always wanted a game just like it but with better physics and vehicle handling and what not  

if island life was turned into a standalone game with better mechanics  that can support it and what not it would be  best game ever!! 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

if anything they need to learn from ARMA 3 Project life game play and Emerson, just the life mod in general i always wanted a game just like it but with better physics and vehicle handling and what not  

if island life was turned into a standalone game with better mechanics  that can support it and what not it would be  best game ever!! 

This game is partly based off of Asylum's Life mod "Altis Life" which is the biggest Life mod on Arma 3.