Ferrari

Copyrighted IRL Companies

I really want to bring Versace into Identity But will it be allowed? I see there is Supreme but I'm pretty sure the actual head of Supreme in real life doesn't know about this aka leading into copyright lawsuit if found out. How can we bring Clothing brands from real life into Identity with out Asylum being sued cause of this. Will we have to alter some things with the brand for it being allowed into Identity like in GTA with car manufacturers? 

Edited by Ferrari

You can try all you want (non-offensive names) until Asylum gets a cease and desist order from said company.

Pull a Rockstar and just re brand the same company Like Versachi and just making little design differences and change the font a little 

I actually asked the Asylum team about this on stream. I've got the answer that you can create a company with whatever name you like, but if Asylum will get an e-mail about your company from a real company you've been taking the name of, they would have to shut down your company/change your company name.

Edited by MikaFromDenmark

31 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

I actually asked the Asylum team about this on stream. I've got the answer that you can create a company with whatever name you like, but if Asylum will get an e-mail about your company, they would have to shut down your company/change your company name.

That's right. The best way is to just be creative and create your own brand :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

I actually asked the Asylum team about this on stream. I've got the answer that you can create a company with whatever name you like, but if Asylum will get an e-mail about your company from a real company you've been taking the name of, they would have to shut down your company/change your company name.

So basically what I said. I just used the official terms.

Edited by Genesai

To actually confirm what Motown answered on stream.
You are not allowed to use names that are copyrighted.

They will see it in their database and remove them.

The company could get seriously sued if the '' ingame '' property gets damaged.

23 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

To actually confirm what Motown answered on stream.
You are not allowed to use names that are copyrighted.

They will see it in their database and remove them.

The company could get seriously sued if the '' ingame '' property gets damaged.

He did not, actually.

I asked if I for example could make Adidas, which he confirmed you can. But if a real company notices that you've taken the name of a real company, which they don't like, Asylum will have to shut down the business or change the name.

Plus, when the game finally gets released, they don't have time to sit back and just look in the database all the time, to be ready to delete any company that has taken their name from a real company, 'cause there's a lot of people who will take real company names.

Neither can they make a filter which blocks a user from using specific words for company names, because that will cause a lot of trouble for users who doesn't takes a real company's name, but the filter blocks the name anyways because it's including a blocked word. So they have to watch them manually.

Edited by MikaFromDenmark

5 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

He did not, actually.

I asked if I for example could make Adidas, which he confirmed you can. But if a real company notices that you've taken the name of a real company, which they don't like, Asylum will have to shut down the business or change the name.

Plus, when the game finally gets released, they don't have time to sit back and just look in the database all the time, to be ready to delete any company that has taken their name from a real company, 'cause there's a lot of people who will take real company names.

I guess i forgot to mention this was more for '' car companies E.G. audi, ferari  '' my bad. Just woke up, didn't properly read. ( I guess it all kinda falls in the same category) 

5 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

I guess i forgot to mention this was more for '' car companies E.G. audi, ferari  '' my bad. Just woke up, didn't properly read. ( I guess it all kinda falls in the same category) 

That's right tho! But that's not even a thing players can make xD

We're not able to make car dealerships.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

That's right tho! But that's not even a thing players can make xD

We're not able to make car dealerships.

True, but you could still use the name. E.g. Ford Sportswear, or Nike's Food Distro. It would still have company names in there... But yeah, car companies are a no go, all the rest is allowed. Until they get that cease and desist order as I mentioned in the beginning. Which is the legal term for it.