Question

18 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

Will you be required to use blinkers after each turn in a vehicle?

Its in the traffic laws to use your blinkers before turn,if you dont and police officer see you he can write you a citation.And traffic accident it might happen if you dont use them. :) 

Edited by Alex77
  • Like 2

I know I will enforce it as an officer. No blinkers? You're getting pulled over. No headlights at night? Just the same. Running a red light (even when there's no one around)? Yeah ... you can guess what will happen.

21 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Its in the traffic laws to use your blinkers before turn,if you dont and police officer see you he can write you a citation.And traffic accident it might happen if you dont use them. :) 

8 minutes ago, Genesai said:

I know I will enforce it as an officer. No blinkers? You're getting pulled over. No headlights at night? Just the same. Running a red light (even when there's no one around)? Yeah ... you can guess what will happen.

You don't have to use them in the UK but are supposed to, the police don't enforce it and so it is up to the driver to do it. I don't believe you will even be able to give them a ticket for doing it as it is not a "criminal offence". Also you likely won't get flagged for it and so you won't be able to give a ticket.

@Villasenor It is totally up to the driver.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You don't have to use them in the UK but are supposed to, the police don't enforce it and so it is up to the driver to do it. I don't believe you will even be able to give them a ticket for doing it as it is not a "criminal offence". Also you likely won't get flagged for it and so you won't be able to give a ticket.

Dont know for uk,as i know the game based in USA and the laws are different.Btw depends in the server,in my server driver will gets ticket if he not using his blinkers,or having the headlights off at the night. 

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

@Villasenor It is totally up to the driver.

Same over here..
Like you're supposed to do it but if you don't the police dont bother.. 
There's bigger fish to catch I suppose on what they think.

Although I would give them a warning, but not like a citation or something for something like that.

I'm even wondering if we will be able to use them?
Do you know that Lucky?

9 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Dont know for uk,as i know the game based in USA and the laws are different.Btw depends in the server,in my server driver will gets ticket if he not using his blinkers,or having the headlights off at the night. 

I don't believe that private servers will be able to even make it so you can be flagged for that as that is an automated system likely not changeable!

@brians999 yes you can use them!

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I don't believe that private servers will be able to even make it so you can be flagged for that as that is an automated system likely not changeable!

oh really? hm... as i know in america you can get warning/ticket for not using your headlights at night,or not using blinkers right? this game not based in UK as i know...

20 minutes ago, brians999 said:

Although I would give them a warning, but not like a citation or something for something like that.

@LuckyDuck This is what I meant. I never said I'd ticket them. I'd pull them over and have a word with them. Make them aware of the dangers of not using their turning signals. If the game will allow me to go into detail, I'll even add a note to that persons file manually.
Also, I'm pretty sure in most countries you are obliged to use your blinkers, even when exiting roundabouts. And I'm sure in the USA this counts for all its States. So let's add a single example:

(a) An operator shall use the signal authorized by Section 545.106 to indicate an intention to turn, change lanes, or start from a parked position. (b) An operator intending to turn a vehicle right or left shall signal continuously for not less than the last 100 feet of movement of the vehicle before the turn.

Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 545.104. Signaling Turns

codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-545-104.html

Edit: If I'm gonna RP, I'm gonna RP, darn it! ;)
Edited by Genesai

19 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

oh really? hm... as i know in america you can get warning/ticket for not using your headlights at night,or not using blinkers right? this game not based in UK as i know...

Oh yes a ticket for not using your headlights but your blinkers that is not worthy of a ticket. However yea it is based off the US, however it is still a game and so not using your blinkers is not no harm as it don't make it fun when you are forgetting. I think think the best way is just enforce it / give a warning like @Genesai said. The devs likely won't make the flagging system flag you for not using your blinkers and that means you cannot give the guy a ticket.

I guess I'll be grabbing my briefcase and heading down to the courthouse to get rid of these upcoming, ridiculous tickets/pull overs ;)

• Like 2

@Alex77 You cannot ticket someone for not using his blinkers in Identity but it is common courtesy to use them. You however will be able to ticket them for not using their headlights.

42 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

@Alex77 You cannot ticket someone for not using his blinkers in Identity but it is common courtesy to use them. You however will be able to ticket them for not using their headlights.

So i cant change that to my server? to change the traffic law.

1 hour ago, Alex77 said:

So i cant change that to my server? to change the traffic law.

I don't believe so. as it is an automated system and if it was added for the blinkers then it would be too much network traffic and so they won't have that option because they would have to have a trigger for every turn. Unfortunately It won't be something but headlights is a ticket reason.

9 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I don't believe so. as it is an automated system and if it was added for the blinkers then it would be too much network traffic and so they won't have that option because they would have to have a trigger for every turn. Unfortunately It won't be something but headlights is a ticket reason.

Will that academy or tutorial tell you everything? Like what you can pull someone over for?

9 hours ago, Villasenor said:

Will that academy or tutorial tell you everything? Like what you can pull someone over for?

I have no clue but expect it too go through all the basics.

10 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Many traffic accidents have happen for not using blinkers..in my opinion private servers  should have the freedom to decide to use tickets for not using blinkers or not.

12 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Many traffic accidents have happen for not using blinkers..in my opinion private servers  should have the freedom to decide to use tickets for not using blinkers or not.

Once again: it's a technical dificulty. 1000's of Triggers and network traffic... so it has nothing to do with having a choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex77 said:

It is unfortunate we can't have everything in the game that we would like but it just happens to be that it is a sacrifice we have to make. They won't implement the choice for private servers to change it.