Asher

Accessibility

What I would like to see added to Identity is, Accessibility for the Visually Impaired. The reason I suggest it is that I am partially sighted and it would be great if the dev added magnification to the in games computer and phone. I understand if this is to much of a challenge, I mean he's still got to sort out off all the regular gameplay but there aren't any visually impaired games that I an access and play, and this game looks so amazing that I really want to play it, but without the magnification feature I will be restricted to what I would do

for example, say I wanted to start up a business on the computer or go and buy some clothes or food on the computer I wouldn't be able to do that.

the dev said he wanted to make this game a realistic as possible, without this feature I would have to try and use some out off games apps to help me or not play the game at all. 

Like I said this may sound a big challenging since th dev has to sort out all of the regular gameplay but still if he did this one it would make my life amazing and two he would have overcome a major obstacle.

• Like 1

Hey there @Asher I believe that if the devs even went to attempt it, then it would not be before the full game release as like language translation won't be done until full game release or even after that. So it is surely fair to say that it will likely be after full release before attempting it. I cannot say that it will be attempted for certain but I think they would love to add the aids for those who are deaf or partially sighted etc. 

However I hope that the game caters to helping you in the way you need, to be able to play it.

What I would like to see added to Identity is, Accessibility for the Visually Impaired. The reason I suggest it is that I am partially sighted and it would be great if the dev added magnification to the in games computer and phone. I understand if this is to much of a challenge, I mean he's still got to sort out off all the regular gameplay but there aren't any visually impaired games that I an access and play, and this game looks so amazing that I really want to play it, but without the magnification feature I will be restricted to what I would do

for example, say I wanted to start up a business on the computer or go and buy some clothes or food on the computer I wouldn't be able to do that.

the dev said he wanted to make this game a realistic as possible, without this feature I would have to try and use some out off games apps to help me or not play the game at all. 

Like I said this may sound a big challenging since th dev has to sort out all of the regular gameplay but still if he did this one it would make my life amazing and two he would have overcome a major obstacle.

If you or the dev think "hey this is impossible" WRONG there are such apps exist like one called DOLPHIN SUPER NOVA which has the ability to use voice over and has cases to magnification.

• Like 2

I know there's a low chance of it being added but if it is imagine the amount of people who are VI and if this feature is added imagine the how many people would be playing

pluss the deem could go on with that knowledge to make even more games

• Like 1

Though I see and hair perfectly, I wouldn't mind seeing options like that for the people less fortunate with their senses. Whenever I play a game, whether it is SP or MP, and I browse the options I'm always happy when I find those accessibility options. It tells me the developers sat down and discussed this. Often it's something minor as changed HUD colors for people who are (partially) color blind. Sometimes they go even further indeed with magnification, visual cues where otherwise an audio cue would be, or vice versa.

But as LuckyDuck said, I also doubt they are working on that at the moment. If they do it would most likely be after the full release. But I do hope they start on it during the full closed beta period, as that would be perfect. And that only counts IF they even add those options. But if I would have to guess, I'd say they'll at least try it. They are very nice humane people.

You know what, I'll ask this question for you on one of next week's live streams, and hope I will get a reply as to their thoughts on this.

@Asher I checked up on this and the answer is a fortunate YES! There are already some systems in place. But we'll have to find out what exactly.

I'm aware this is not something you have issues with, but for others: do not forget this is a very VOICE driven game. So for people who have a hard time speaking -while there is a text chat- will have a hard time either way.

• Like 1

I'm sorry luckyducky I didn't see there was a search bar if you read my first post you would know I;m VI which means I'm partially blind meeting I can't see that well so I beg your forgiveness for me not knowing there was a search bar next time I do a post a will do a thorough check to make sure no one has done a post like mine

28 minutes ago, BlindBear said:

I'm sorry luckyducky I didn't see there was a search bar if you read my first post you would know I;m VI which means I'm partially blind meeting I can't see that well so I beg your forgiveness for me not knowing there was a search bar next time I do a post a will do a thorough check to make sure no one has done a post like mine

Yeah, it is alright but also if you have a hard time finding anything also please pm me for assistance and I will be happy to help you, while I don't mind answering any questions you may have and I will pass this on as a suggestion. I don't believe that it will be implemented before release but it is a possibility it could be after full release.

3 hours ago, BlindBear said:

Thanks a lot

oh and the other accessibility was it by someone called Asher if so that's also me

Yes, well I have to say that it is against the rules to have 2 accounts mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlindBear said:

Thanks a lot

oh and the other accessibility was it by someone called Asher if so that's also me

I've replied to your question on your other thread with a definitive answer.

Though it beats me why you would ask the same question in two seperate subfora, and on two different accounts at that. We reply to all questions and rather quick even.

I'd say pick the account you want to keep, the other one will most likely get deleted.

Someone wanted me to change my account name I would delet it but I don't know how

Oh and I didn't know it was against the rules

i also chose this one

1 hour ago, BlindBear said:

Someone wanted me to change my account name I would delet it but I don't know how

Oh and I didn't know it was against the rules

i also chose this one

PM @HairyGrenade the other Forum account name and he can delete that one.