Badbart

LPR Licence plate reader

I see a lot of stuff about traffic stop and cars. I think a LPR should be implemented into the game. There are going to be a lot of people driving crazy out there with fast cars and stuff. we as the police should have a way to easily get these offenders. Would this be possible to add to the police cars? lets say someone reports a plate for crazy driving. we can enter the plate and any time it drives past a Police car with an LPR an alert will go off......just a thought.

I'm curious about this. But that would make it a a bit too easy for LE. Balance wise this might not be the best thing to add.

I'm pretty sure I heard something about when you buy a car you can buy a specialized plates or the car comes with it's own plate so it implies that. Don't trust me 100% tho

This sounds like a good idea but I would say it would only ping up if the police have made it a wanted car that way criminals will have to take a risk of driving if they have got outstanding crimes ect,

On 8/4/2017 at 1:57 AM, YouKnowBro said:

I'm pretty sure I heard something about when you buy a car you can buy a specialized plates or the car comes with it's own plate so it implies that. Don't trust me 100% tho

This wasn't the question at all.

LPR = License Plate Recognition. A (mostly) automated system that scans license plates of passing vehicles. Usually they are mounted on poles spread out along crossroads and near off-ramps on high ways. Easy to detect who enters your city, or flees out of it. Another way is that certain well-equipped police vehicles have them on board mounted in or on their front bumper. It can chase a vehicle and scan its plate automatically, without the officer having to manually enter the plate into his/her computer.

EDIT: Here in Belgium most big cities have those cameras on approach roads and a few in the city center. Also a few (not much) police cruisers have them. Not too many, as they are a very expensive asset. They are usually mounted on anonymous vehicles though. But if they do get mounted on marked LE vehicles, they do it on the emergency light-bar on top of the vehicle. That's for Belgium. I'm sure things deviate in other parts of the world.

Edited by Genesai

It would massively ruin the roleplay.
Cops or whatever LE will abuse this ( metagaming)

They will just drive around and check all the driving vehicles. ( HEY THIS GUY HAS A WARRENT )
Lets stop him for a bullshit reason and ruin his day.

Seen it happen way too often in Altis Life

If implemented right, I think this would be beneficial for police in APBs on vehicles, but I think if implemented, it should only be in metropolitan areas and possibly major roadways. 

If used properly, I could also see EMS and FD even using this service for rerouting around congestion for quick response to emergency situations. 

On 8/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, TheNerdyChef said:

It would massively ruin the roleplay.
Cops or whatever LE will abuse this ( metagaming)

They will just drive around and check all the driving vehicles. ( HEY THIS GUY HAS A WARRENT )
Lets stop him for a bullshit reason and ruin his day.

You do realize that's exactly the point, right?

If they do add such systems, then you have to drive around and check every car.
The whole point is to FIND the people who have warrants.

And it wouldn't ruin the RP. It'd help create more RP.
It's clearly not a bullshit reason if you're wanted.

Besides, you deserve it if you get caught driving around in a stolen vehicle, or with an APB on your head.

To counter that, you'll probably be able to change your license plate.

2 hours ago, Norway174 said:

You do realize that's exactly the point, right?

If they do add such systems, then you have to drive around and check every car.
The whole point is to FIND the people who have warrants.

And it wouldn't ruin the RP. It'd help create more RP.
It's clearly not a bullshit reason if you're wanted.

Besides, you deserve it if you get caught driving around in a stolen vehicle, or with an APB on your head.

To counter that, you'll probably be able to change your license plate.

So will there be a garage job, where you make modifications on cars for clients?

@Rinyuaru-Kun If you mean like a Los Santos Customs from GTA. Where you can modify and pimp your rides.

If so, I do believe that is confirmed.
@JamesLuck01 may be able to provide a more in-depth answer with sources if you really wanna know.

Or the search function would work equally well. :P 

52 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

@Rinyuaru-Kun If you mean like a Los Santos Customs from GTA. Where you can modify and pimp your rides.

If so, I do believe that is confirmed.
@JamesLuck01 may be able to provide a more in-depth answer with sources if you really wanna know.

Or the search function would work equally well. :P 

I always use the search function, but the answers are often months old, so I prefer asking again, doesn't do any harm (and I didn't create a new thread, too).

And yeah, I meant it like the LSC on GTA, and that is awesome :)

5 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

And yeah, I meant it like the LSC on GTA, and that is awesome :)

To be fair, you probably can't work in there yourself. Or you might. But you might be able to own it as a business. And then static NPC mechanics will do the "actual" work. In the sense that it just magically happens right away, like in GTA.

But it might be wrong, maybe it will take some time. And maybe you as a player will be able to do the work. Not sure if that has been mentioned yet.

I think a better idea would be to implement this onto one specific police vehicle, which would be parked up on a busy road similar to this:

4412205238_5153bdc52e_b.jpg