sgt_raphaelc

Undercover(Police)

suggest adding the job "undercover" to the police.An undercover will penetrate through different crime organisations and get their information and report them back to your superiors that is following your case.Let's take the game Sleeping Dogs as an example.The undercover detective,Wei Shen.He pretended he's a member of the Triad and penetrate through the Triad "Sun On Yee"The life of an undercover is thrilling and need to be careful in every step he makes.The undercover have to keep his undercover identity secret in order to get himself close to the crime organisation without suspicious.When the undercover done his job successfully and arrested the target(maybe the Head of the crime orgainsations)he can promote to a high-rank officer.A formal officer.

I believe adding the undercover element into the game will makes the game more fun.

I post this into the Idea&Suggestions before.But i think i should post this again here too LOL

I do agree with you, but it will not happen. They've decided against that. There won't be undercover cops. There will a clear and visible line between law enforcement and the rest of the population.

• Like 2

They wont add undercover cops.

But personally I rather wanna try to find myself a snitch or an informant. And meet up in an alley or something so he can give me information about upcoming plans, meetings etc. Or drug trafficiking..
I rather use an informant to interact with more than being undercover myself I do understand that somepeople wanna bust someone being undercover and stuff..

But the dev's clearly stated that they want a clear difference between civ's and cops (so you can easily see which is a civ or a cop)

There are a lot of forum posts about undercover police. Please try to use the search function! it's a bit easier to find posts about it then making posts and waiting for a reply. It's been answered in the FAQ and plenty of posts made by other players!

You've already had your answer so I hope you are satisfied with it! Enjoy your sunday

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dragon_12dk said:

hmm, do you know investigations would work then? detectives, and such one would assume to be undercover.

I suppose questioning people, perhaps there's a way to check ballistics and match guns with bullets, etc. We'll see how and what they'll implement for this system. Also I've never seen a police detective go undercover. One reason for that would be the safety of their families. Usually there are trained covert ops, for such situations. And a regular street officer does just the following: patrol, ticket, arrest and other smaller BUT necessary tasks. They don't check murder cases, or find out who robbed the bank.

On 16/08/2017 at 4:18 PM, RedneckRanger said:

I am curious to, will detectives have the ability to where plain clothes with a badge of sorts attached/worn?

All police officers will be uniform, the devs want a clear site between the civilians and cops and so the answer is no plain clothes for any cop on duty.

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

All police officers will be uniform, the devs want a clear site between the civilians and cops and so the answer is no plain clothes for any cop on duty.

Will there be some type of bounty hunter job? 

14 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

Will there be some type of bounty hunter job? 

I am sure you can always do it as a job if you liked e.g. tell people you're a bounty hunter and if they pay you, you will get a job done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peet said:

Or maybe detective will wear plainclother but with a raid vest:

20710684416_d5ebbf5817_b.jpg

No Police Officer will have plain clothes. They all will be in Uniform.

You might be able to have undercover police officers on private servers.

If the game allows it ofc.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, Alex77 said:

i think you can have undercover police for private.. not sure though. 

They have not put in an undercover feature so I think it depends on how serious the roleplay is and how the private server will work.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2018 at 11:30 AM, Alex77 said:

i think you can have undercover police for private.. not sure though. 

On 07/03/2018 at 5:49 PM, JoeyDawson said:

You might be able to have undercover police officers on private servers.

If the game allows it ofc.

No, you cannot have any undercover cops on private servers like Official servers. If it was available, then it would only come with modding if it was able to happen.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

You could sort of do this without it being "official". I mean basically what you want to be is a snitch. Go undercover and pretend you're in with the gang, then report back to the cops with information and give them tips to help with the arrest. Act as a witness against them, etc. Then ofc you get paid for doing that.. I mean you could do this "unofficially" but it would involve a lot of trust between you and the police xD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarahd094 said:

You could sort of do this without it being "official". I mean basically what you want to be is a snitch. Go undercover and pretend you're in with the gang, then report back to the cops with information and give them tips to help with the arrest. Act as a witness against them, etc. Then ofc you get paid for doing that.. I mean you could do this "unofficially" but it would involve a lot of trust between you and the police xD 

I agree..the possibilities of the game in my opinion are many 

• Like 1