SmashUp

The Town Square servers

When the first module is released, will there be many servers or only one.
If a lot, then they will be divided into nationalities for a comfortable examination of the town square.

41 minutes ago, SmashUp said:

When the first module is released, will there be many servers or only one.
If a lot, then they will be divided into nationalities for a comfortable examination of the town square.

There will be multiple servers around the world!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

There will be multiple servers around the world!

That is amazing! Good job lads, you have really thought this one through!

I was wondering this exact thing. Thanks for asking this!

To add onto your original question, will all the servers be hosted in house to start? Or is there an opportunity to get a private one right out of the gate for large communities?

17 hours ago, TieDyeDude said:

To add onto your original question, will all the servers be hosted in house to start? Or is there an opportunity to get a private one right out of the gate for large communities?

I believe that they are working with a company for the servers, I don't believe that we will be able to host any servers, we can rent them out though.

Edited by MntnChicken

17 hours ago, TieDyeDude said:

Private servers will be available only by renting at/ after full release 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Private servers will be available only by renting at/ after full release 

Thanks for a response. Even though I respect this decison thats tough to swallow. Was really looking forward to transitioning our larger FiveM community (2000+ users and a few youtubers/streamers with 160,000+ subs/followers) as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Frenchy said:

It would be so much better to have dedicated servers

Yes, maybe but it won't work with the way their network is set up and so renting a server is the only option.

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes, maybe but it won't work with the way their network is set up and so renting a server is the only option.

Just give out the software they use on their rentable servers. The way their network is set up wouldn't stop dedicated servers working.

28 minutes ago, Frenchy said:

Just give out the software they use on their rentable servers. The way their network is set up wouldn't stop dedicated servers working.

Well it is how they have decided to do it and it looks as if it is a decision already made but it don't matter as we can rent servers at least. Also The servers will be hosted by the server providers that they choose.

25 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

Although there will be many servers, I hope they will all be somewhat connected to each other, so that they are not all isolated in their own world.

Each server has it's own world. Official servers however will have some things connected to each other official server. The community private servers are not in anyway connected to any other server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragon_12dk said:

oh, ok. So I am only staying on official servers then

Why would you only play Official wtf

13 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

So that player progress is more readily accessible from more than one server.

Have fun playing with trolls then.

13 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

unless the said private server is password protected, it wouldn't be any different in terms of trolls.

Depends how actively it's being wachted by admins on the said private server

1 hour ago, dragon_12dk said:

true, what I really wonder is if player balance can transition over from private to official servers. Providing that balance can transfer over I would have no problem with them.

Don't think it will.. Every server has it's own world and database..
Official servers will share things in between probably clothing. housing, vehicles and money.
While private servers will not get this data. BUT I do hope that they would implement the option to have multiple servers running on one database.
So that I could rent 2 private servers but if I log off on server 1 and it's full I can join server 2 and I still have the same clothing, house, vehicle etc.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

hmmm, im not sure, since they offer things on the donation store such as an apartment with 1k and a rusty car, it lead me to believe that balances would be shared. If the devs could explain this more that would be nice.

I suppose that that would be for the official servers due to them hosting the official servers so you always have access to what u pledged.
By redeeming it on a private server (if that would be possible) you would be able to lose it the moment the private server owner or community stops paying for that server, or for any other reason.

But ye would be nice to know a bit more about that ^_^

1 hour ago, brians999 said:

Don't think it will.. Every server has it's own world and database..
Official servers will share things in between probably clothing. housing, vehicles and money.
While private servers will not get this data. BUT I do hope that they would implement the option to have multiple servers running on one database.
So that I could rent 2 private servers but if I log off on server 1 and it's full I can join server 2 and I still have the same clothing, house, vehicle etc.

25 minutes ago, brians999 said:

I suppose that that would be for the official servers due to them hosting the official servers so you always have access to what u pledged.
By redeeming it on a private server (if that would be possible) you would be able to lose it the moment the private server owner or community stops paying for that server, or for any other reason.

But ye would be nice to know a bit more about that ^_^

57 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

hmmm, im not sure, since they offer things on the donation store such as an apartment with 1k and a rusty car, it lead me to believe that balances would be shared. If the devs could explain this more that would be nice.

For the pledge apartments, if you decorate it on official server 1 and then go on official server 2 as the other one is full, you have to start over with the decorating that pledge apartment. 

The devs want to allow pledges to go on all servers including private servers.

On Official servers, if you own a house on server 1 you won't own it on server 2. Apartments on pledges will be available over all servers.

If private servers are able to get a shared database like your example @brians999, it won't be the same as what you want e.g. If you own a house on server 1 then that same house is not owned by you on server 2. Houses are limited and that means if you own a house on server 1 then no one else can buy that house on server 2 which is why on server 2 you have to re-buy the house to own it on there.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

For the pledge apartments, if you decorate it on official server 1 and then go on official server 2 as the other one is full, you have to start over with the decorating that pledge apartment. 

The devs want to allow pledges to go on all servers including private servers.

On Official servers, if you own a house on server 1 you won't own it on server 2. Apartments on pledges will be available over all servers.

If private servers are able to get a shared database like your example @brians999, it won't be the same as what you want e.g. If you own a house on server 1 then that same house is not owned by you on server 2. Houses are limited and that means if you own a house on server 1 then no one else can buy that house on server 2 which is why on server 2 you have to re-buy the house to own it on there.

Thx for the info, I ment appartments not houses between my example of 2 servers.. Sorry my mistake :P 
I don't mind the redecorating, unless it would be everytime you'll have to join.. But if it's just when you join another official server than I'm fine with that.

• Like 2