Question: 

Will the people who have enlisted as police officer be able to take their cruiser home when they get off work? What I'm asking is, will we be able to park our cop car in our garage? Or leave it in our driveway in case we're living in a house? Or does it stay at the station at the end of our shifts?

It probably despawns into some generic police garage. where you could also probably spawn one at the start of your shift.

Though, it could be interesting if you're allowed to take it with you home. Maybe you don't have to despawn the cop car when you end your shift, thus, allowing you to take it with you home?

Edited by Norway174

i dont think its a good idea to take it to home,because can be stolen easily. and its unrealistic because police vehicles owned by the state. and you dont have the choice to choose other vehicle but you will have the same for all time.thats why i dont want too see ownership for police vehs.

41 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

i dont think its a good idea to take it to home,because can be stolen easily.

Untrue, if parked inside a garage. There's no burglary. So also no theft in your garage. Which would be kind of a private instance as well. When parked out in a driveway however, I do see your point. It would be cool seeing it parked next to my sports car in my two-car garage.

44 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

and its unrealistic because police vehicles owned by the state.

Depends where you live I suppose. In certain forces in my country, people are allowed to take their personal squad vehicle home with them.

8 hours ago, Genesai said:

Untrue, if parked inside a garage. There's no burglary. So also no theft in your garage. Which would be kind of a private instance as well. When parked out in a driveway however, I do see your point. It would be cool seeing it parked next to my sports car in my two-car garage.

Depends where you live I suppose. In certain forces in my country, people are allowed to take their personal squad vehicle home with them.

Yeah true,but if every police officer take his car to the home then we need a lot of cars... but lets devs decides.

5 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

need a lot of cars...

Cars are likely to be spawned and despawned as they are needed by the players. Don't think there's going to be car manufacturing and a supply and a demand on vehicles.

(Car manufacturing as in building cars. Not modify them, car modifications is already confirmed. In case someone decides to misunderstand me.)

12 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

Cars are likely to be spawned and despawned as they are needed by the players. Don't think there's going to be car manufacturing and a supply and a demand on vehicles.

(Car manufacturing as in building cars. Not modify them, car modifications is already confirmed. In case someone decides to misunderstand me.)

Good but i dont find safe when a officer can ownership a police car and have it to his garage, and he cant choose other vehicle to drive,because he got already one.and there are officers that they dont have garage.. 

Edited by Alex77

Well, I wouldn't think of it as an ownership.

Personally, what I'm hoping for. Is that you get assigned to a persistent cop car.
Then, when you go off duty. And you have the cop car in the police garage, it'll despawn. But remember the state, like damages, scratches, dirt... And what not. Persistent.

So when you go spawn it again when you're on duty the next time. It'll still be same car.

So it's your job to make sure it's up to standard, and clean. And repaired.

And with that, I don't think it would make much difference if you could take that car with you home. Or just leave it at the station.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

Well, I wouldn't think of it as an ownership.

Personally, what I'm hoping for. Is that you get assigned to a persistent cop car.
Then, when you go off duty. And you have the cop car in the police garage, it'll despawn. But remember the state, like damages, scratches, dirt... And what not. Persistent.

So when you go spawn it again when you're on duty the next time. It'll still be same car.

So it's your job to make sure it's up to standard, and clean. And repaired.

And with that, I don't think it would make much difference if you could take that car with you home. Or just leave it at the station.

There is difference in my opinion,police vehs at police stations cant be damaged or stolen easy.

6 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

There is difference in my opinion,police vehs at police stations cant be damaged or stolen easy.

It's gonna be the same weather or not the cop car is parked outside the police station, in a police garage, or parked anywhere else even while the officer is on duty. At some point, we will have to leave the car while on duty anyway.

So I don't really see that as a valid argument. :P

If you bring you car home, and park it in your garage. It's gonna be instanced. And despawned when you log off. As the instance would probably be unloaded. And, your instances is a safe-zone. Such as your home and your garage, so it can't be stolen there either.
Same would happen if you parked it in the police garage. It would despawn.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norway174 said:

It's gonna be the same weather or not the cop car is parked outside the police station, in a police garage, or parked anywhere else even while the officer is on duty. At some point, we will have to leave the car while on duty anyway.

So I don't really see that as a valid argument. :P

If you bring you car home, and park it in your garage. It's gonna be instanced. And despawned when you log off. As the instance would probably be unloaded. And, your instances is a safe-zone. Such as your home and your garage, so it can't be stolen there either.
Same would happen if you parked it in the police garage. It would despawn.

In the future safe zones will be as an option enable or disable for private servers. There will be slots to the police station to park your vehicle its not exactly garage.920x920.jpg

6 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

There will be slots to the police station to park your vehicle its not exactly garage.

And you know this for sure?

I highly doubt the game will keep every single officer's on any given server police car loaded at all times. Even when the officer is offline.

Realistically, and the most logical approach is to have a garage under or nearby the police station.
That's not to say there won't be regular parking spaces. There most likely will. But I very much doubt they will have any actual functions besides just parking your car there, without having to store it somewhere. And effectively de-spawning it. Temporarily removing it from the game.

If that were to happen. Any bystander just walking by. Would see a car magically just disappear. And that's just not realistic, and would break any immersion into the game.

13 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

And you know this for sure?

I highly doubt the game will keep every single officer's on any given server police car loaded at all times. Even when the officer is offline.

Realistically, and the most logical approach is to have a garage under or nearby the police station.
That's not to say there won't be regular parking spaces. There most likely will. But I very much doubt they will have any actual functions besides just parking your car there, without having to store it somewhere. And effectively de-spawning it. Temporarily removing it from the game.

If that were to happen. Any bystander just walking by. Would see a car magically just disappear. And that's just not realistic, and would break any immersion into the game.

I think so,if vehicle dissapear from parking slot that mean we got a bug in the game xD ,if you mean that someone will stole it,i dont think someone could stole a vehicle from police parking slot,No way.he will get caught 100%! 

Edited by Alex77

That's the point though.

You bring it to the garage, and despawn it. Removing it from the game, letting you go off-duty or log out. Without the car being in-game. Not taking up any server resources. And not able to be stolen.

So I don't see any issues in letting you take the car with you home.

Seeing as the same thing would hopefully happen. You park the car in your garage, which is it's own instance. Where only you and people you grant have access to. No risk of it being stolen.

And when you log out, or leave the instance. Everything in there will be unloaded from the server. Removed. Freeing up the server resources. This includes the car too. Again, no risk of it being stolen. Because it doesn't actually exist anymore.

i see it more realistic if you have the option to despawn it or not to despawn it,or parking it to police parking slot. 

1 hour ago, Alex77 said:

i see it more realistic if you have the option to despawn it or not to despawn it,or parking it to police parking slot. 

Preventing server lag (just to say one thing), is far more important than realism. I do understand you can't have 500+ vehicles on the map when there are 300 players online. It adds to unnecessary lag, framerate drops, de-sync issues, etc. But having the car instanced, whether it be at the station or at your own garage, it removes itself from the main game world, and if you indeed log off, it even gets removed entirely for the time you're offline.  @Norway174 pointed this out several times now. I also hope I get my own persistent squad car which I have to take care of. But I suppose remembering dirt, bulletholes, scratches etc. would be server heavy as well, sadly.

57 minutes ago, Genesai said:

But I suppose remembering dirt, bulletholes, scratches etc. would be server heavy as well, sadly.

Actually, if done properly. It wouldn't be as bad as you think.

I wouldn't be any more difficult then storing your characters look, clothes and inventory.

Though, I could see it more as a gameplay decision. Having cop cars driving around looking super dirty, and riddled with bullet holes and scratches. Just small stuff...
Wouldn't be very realistic. You don't really see cop cars driving around shot up and full of scratches in real life.

And, forcing the player to revisit a repair shop for every little dump, might not be as fun either.

Al though, I could definitely image dirtiness being a factor down the road. If they add a car wash players could use.

There's even one in GTA which actually works, and cars get actually dirty as you use them. Though, the dirtiness isn't saved. So there really isn't much point to use the car wash.

On the live stream they just said they haven't worked that one out yet. So we'll just have to see. We can only speculate at this point.

I would like to see a garage where you can store them and probably have like 4 / 5  reserved parking spots in front of the station or next to it where officers can park them hop out and do something and hop back in etc. instead of keep despawning that the whole time.

Personally I'd would like the idea of storing them in your own garage aswell but only for private servers really.. With probably a bit less people than official servers.
And private servers could set rules for them, for instance only the chief or Sergeants or higher can only take them home for example kinda..

However the garage would be the most logic thing to do actually and having a few parking spots (reserved for emergency vehicles aswell as a few for none emergency vehicles) would be nice to see.

• Like 1

On 25.7.2017 at 7:02 PM, Genesai said:

I, Chairman of the Democratic Party would support that, because when you want to take the police car to your home, you should. Why not. For that you need support, I too. Look at my program, there garantueed something for you.

Greetings Chairman Maurice Clinton

be53a4_c18d2e0adf13465fbe78a19281969729~