Mez

Do like cop get days off

Question

Do officers,firefighters,ems,etc(not citizens jobs more like all time contact jobs). Get like free periods of time to do something social and other thing or they stay on duty until they quit their jobs.

Free period of time like where there's enough of they to spare a day to each other like shifts

17 answers to this question

I don't believe cops and other government departments can get "days off"  per say. I think the option to quit your job and RP a day or days off could be possible but other than that I don't think so.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, supercharge71 said:

I don't believe cops and other government departments can get "days off"  per say. I think the option to quit your job and RP a day or days off could be possible but other than that I don't think so.

But it would be cool to have "days off"

5 minutes ago, Mez said:

I agree that would make a pretty neat gameplay mechanic, welcome to the forums by the way :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mez said:

I do not see the reason,
The player chooses to work when he wants .. :)

• Like 1

You are a civilian until you go to the Police Station and activate career mode. As Cuuka said, you work when you want. 

• Like 3

But would you have to redo the training or let say still remember the training.

what if you want to go back to a job with special training or something like that

Edited by Mez
To add on

49 minutes ago, Mez said:

what if you want to go back to a job with special training or something like that

You would go in and out of career mode on a day to day basis. 

Edited by yellowhero12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mez said:

It wouldn't be smart to make you overgo the trainign every single time. Makes no sense, that would make players not commit to their job cause it's annoying. We can take any day of we want, by just not logging in. 

I am not sure about the system to be honest, we could possibly be seeing a function of '' singing off '' and able to walk around as a normal civilian 

On July 22, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Cuuka said:

I do not see the reason,
The player chooses to work when he wants .. :)

How does getting paid work then? Do you get paid for the amount of time you put in? Am I allowed to take off my gun and uniform whenever I want?

13 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

How does getting paid work then? Do you get paid for the amount of time you put in? Am I allowed to take off my gun and uniform whenever I want?

I do not know at all.
I suppose you get paid after working, depending on the number of hours you've done, or action.

And I think so, it would be logical that the player decides to stop when he want .. I do not see the game to force you to stay connected and play, it would not make sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuuka said:

I do not know at all.
I suppose you get paid after working, depending on the number of hours you've done, or action.

And I think so, it would be logical that the player decides to stop when he want .. I do not see the game to force you to stay connected and play, it would not make sense.

Not so much connected I meant more can I walk around off duty as a civilian instead of a cop without quitting my job

Edited by Boredomfalls

23 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

Not so much connected I meant more can I walk around off duty as a civilian instead of a cop without quitting my job

I understand. In Altis Life I usually play as EMT. But a paramedic cannot do crap in-game. Not allowed to buy cars, civilian clothes, etc. Half the NPC's don't respond to an EMT. And I believe it's the same with the cops on there, although I'm not sure, I never applied to be one. Then having a timer you have to wait to switch to civ, or from civ back to EMT. That sucks. Very immersive, good job on that one. I love being an EMT in there, but I hate the fact that it's the only thing you can do, as an EMT. So I quit Altis Life altogether.

So I as well hope I won't have to quit my job (or switch over to another character) just to be able to enjoy the civilian life in my off-time. The evenings (or days, depending on shifts), and weekends I don't work, I'd prefer to be an off-duty cop, rather than a civilian.

• Like 1

Would make a lot of sense that if you want to go on-duty as a cop you just go to the station and sign on basically at a point.
Being it either a desk, NPC to talk to, a radio, armory to get guns, or a locker.. I don't know but it would make sense.

And simply when you're done you would just sign-off and be off-duty.
Since everything in this game is being saved etc. I would assume that it looks at which rank you are when you login and if you completed training or not.
Or training officers need to remain their own document and check if someone did training or not (on private servers)

I believe in one of the gaming hours MoTown mentioned that there will be a "civilian mode" and a "career mode"  where you have to go to your place of employment to start having the abilities/responsibilities of your respective career.  For example, for a police officer you will have to go to the police station to trigger your the start of your job.  They MAY make it possible to have "days off" where maybe instead of doing your duties you can just go to a karaoke bar or something and have fun :D

On 27/07/2017 at 2:42 AM, Boredomfalls said:

After you have done the training, you go to a police station, into the locker room to go on duty and when you want, you go back into the locker room and take the uniform off to go off duty. @brians999 @Dustey @Genesai @Boredomfalls @Cuuka @TheNerdyChef @yellowhero12 @Mez @supercharge71

• Like 3