Question

Hello,

I am sorry if the question you have been asking several times.

I would like to know if the developers.
Let the communities host their party on their dedicated servers.

I will motivate my question with some experience.

I manage a community of 10,000 players. We only play on servers that we manage at the Software and hardware level.

This results in more rigorous control and allows us to solve any problem independently.

From what I could also see on the various games,
Only games allowing hosting on dedicated machines have attracted large community with very strong development teams.

Its allows the publisher of the games to increase its community / Its sales / its popularity.

If you have also experienced the Miscreated game.
You are not unaware that they have banned hosting on dedicated servers.

The purchase of the games and its attendance lost 90% of their progressions.
Communities are important to developers and we respect developers who work with the community.

Will you accept independent mods?
If developers were able to play games like Arma RP or Garry's mod.

It is not without knowing that it is the mods and the freedom of the communities that have succeeded to its publishers.

Thank you for your answers,

Edited by FlashModz

6 answers to this question

Hello @FlashModz,

you are right, this question has been answered several times already :P

You will not be able to host the server on your own Servers like vServers, Root-Servers, Dedicated Server or your home PC.

At the release of the game there will also be no mod support. 

-Radack

• Like 1

Like Radack said above, There will be no dedicated server hosting/ hosting off of your own machine or PC. There will be no modding as of full release either. 

You can rent servers from chosen hosts of the developers.

• Like 1

Is it possible that developers read this post and are thinking again about the issue of private servers?

Thank you for your patience.
For mods, I hope the community will not be restricted by the lack of private servers.

1 hour ago, FlashModz said:

Is it possible that developers read this post and are thinking again about the issue of private servers?

For mods, I hope the community will not be restricted by the lack of private servers.

You can rent private servers but the structure of the servers will not be supported on dedicated boxes.

1 hour ago, FlashModz said:

The devs have said that the renting of private servers will be affordable, they haven't given a price point but I would imagine that it is relatively cheap compared to renting servers on other games. Because of this I really doubt they will change their stance, just because they want to ensure the high quality and standards of each server. As @LuckyDuck said, they will be picking the hosts themselves. As stated previously by a few people there won't be mod support at release but it most likely will be added later on. Honestly I doubt that mods are necessary, as the game already will have so much detail put into it and there will be constant updates and new content.

It seems like the devs will really be doing there homework, and there will probably be some customization on release for private rented servers.

Edited by yellowhero12
added a few things
  • Like 1

Hello,

Precisely no price is given.

If these reach the 30 euro for 40 people for the other games,
I do not see how Identity can negotiate prices differently from other publishers.

The question is not to refuse or not to add it in the idea box.
But only that developers read this topic and gives concrete opinions and motivations.

Developers will understand my question and will respond to my opinion in a whole different way.

My question, the server will be affordable for communities to malgrate what I quoted above.

If so, what are the criteria they base.

That it will be the freedom of the administrators of servers.
That it will be the possibility of evolution.

Will you close down on your ideas or will you work with the community ?

Will APIs be available ?
What will be the support requirements for your end users ?

I'm only here to ask questions and I represent 10,000 potential Clients.

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by FlashModz
bad understanding