Sign in to follow this  
BulletProofLipstick

(Roleplay) Rest Up Bar & Grill: Part One

The Rest Up Bar & Grill is a little dive of a restaurant/inn that can be seen by anyone passing down the highway. You've might have heard about it through a friend or a quick search for awesome burgers. It's not the prettiest building around, but it looks like the owner has kept it up with the times. There's free wi-fi, spacious rooms for waiting out the rainstorm that's headed over in a few days, and more. It has a welcoming neon sign that doesn't blink creepily during the evening hours. During the day, there's a few billboards letting travelers know it's coming up and open for business. Behind the establishment is a river, and on the bank of it there's a dock that's in need of repairs, though it still appears to be serviceable for anyone boating up to it. A parking lot laden with gravel and bits of leaves shows a spacious area for parking. The area is generally well-lit after sunset, leaving it to appear a safe haven for patrons, new and old.

If you go inside, the scent of fried food and probably the best coffee you've ever smelled hits you like a freight train. You're thenĀ  greeted immediately by a short grey-haired woman in her 50's. She's wearing a bright blue apron over a pink uniform, has chubby cheeks and a very cheery, grandmotherly demeanor. She hands you menus, and takes your order when you're ready. There's plenty of seating at the bar and the tables, as well as a jukebox you don't have to pay for...

(Rules: Have fun, don't post anything unrealistic (magic, for starters) and again, have fun. Keep your postings in-character as part of the story you'd like to make and post out of character commentary in brackets or parentheses in that same post. Make your posts substantial, at least a paragraph; the more detail, the better your character/story intentions are better interpreted this way. All rules of the forum apply to this thread. This thread is meant ONLY for roleplay while waiting for the Town Square module to come up, and to also get some activity for us players going. If your character arrives at this place, they'll already know that this is a good place to wait out both a really bad thunderstorm that's headed over in a couple of days, as well as the completion of the new development happening in the next town over, which is a couple of hours away. This is going to be slightly freeform and I'll post changes here over time if it grows, it's a bit of story I created so be sure to read updates carefully. If you have questions about details of the setting or what you're character can/cannot/should/shouldn't do, PM me and I will add them into a little FAQ section for this thread in this post. I work full-time, so please be patient, but I will reply to your messages as soon as I am able to. I just whipped this up and am eager to see how many are willing to partake in a little prequel to the Town Module!)

Edited by BulletProofLipstick
Rule Updates, Title Update