Question

Hi, My questions about the SWAT in-game:

1. 01. Will they be given Riot Shields and Bulletproof Vest?
  2. 02. Will there be a indoor gun range in the SWAT/Police headquarters?
  3. 03. Will there be an armory for hey SWAT/Police, so they can choose what weapon they want Like between a Desert Eagle or a Beretta M9?
  4. 04. Will there be different Headquarters for SWAT/Police, if not will there be different armories or clearance levels in the armory for different weapons.

@Motown, @LuckyDuck, @JamesLuck01, @HairyGrenade any answers?

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, ForestCayden said:

3. 03. Will there be an armory for hey SWAT/Police, so they can choose what weapon they want Like between a Desert Eagle or a Beretta M9?
  4. 04. Will there be different Headquarters for SWAT/Police, if not will there be different armories or clearance levels in the armory for different weapons.

The only things I'm unsure of is riot shields, indoor gun range, and different clearance levels, everything else will be included. 

5 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

The only things I'm unsure of is riot shields, indoor gun range, and different clearance levels, everything else will be included. 

Thanks @HairyGrenade. Riot Shields Would be interesting to have. Also Water Cannons?

Please add Riot shield in the game :D really need them. 

5 minutes ago, ForestCayden said:

Thanks @HairyGrenade. Riot Shields Would be interesting to have. Also Water Cannons?

No water cannons right now, maybe in the future.

• Like 1

No water cannons right now, maybe in the future.

As long as it could be added in the future and isn't a strong no like snipers than, YAH.

6 minutes ago, ForestCayden said:

@HairyGrenade, Will there be different or same HQ for SWAT and Police.

Not sure, maybe same HQ but different part of the building. 

• Like 1

I'm wondering if there'll be hidden SWAT checkpoints later in the game that can only be accessed by SWAT members with rank above a certain level? That could definitely make things interesting, especially if a new member of SWAT is trying to spy for a cartel?

50 minutes ago, ForestCayden said:

I'll take a stab at this!

1. 01. We need to do proper play-testing and experimenting before I can answer this one, one way or another. I can say it'll be considered, but it comes down to gameplay and balance more than anything else.
  2. 02. Yes, eventually you'll even have access to it for playing around in Town Square.
  3. 03. Yes.
  4. 04. Not a different headquarters. The way that SWAT works is that when an event occurs which warrants SWAT reaction, SWAT officers will be notified and can report to a nearby HQ. While at the HQ they'll gear up and then deploy together via a SWAT APC/truck. This truck isn't a drivable vehicle, it's an automated system to deploy the SWAT people to the scene. SWAT is limited to the area of the event, as their equipment is very powerful.
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Paratus said:

I'll take a stab at this!

1. 01. We need to do proper play-testing and experimenting before I can answer this one, one way or another. I can say it'll be considered, but it comes down to gameplay and balance more than anything else.
  2. 02. Yes, eventually you'll even have access to it for playing around in Town Square.
  3. 03. Yes.
  4. 04. Not a different headquarters. The way that SWAT works is that when an event occurs which warrants SWAT reaction, SWAT officers will be notified and can report to a nearby HQ. While at the HQ they'll gear up and then deploy together via a SWAT APC/truck. This truck isn't a drivable vehicle, it's an automated system to deploy the SWAT people to the scene. SWAT is limited to the area of the event, as their equipment is very powerful.

"the way that SWAT works is that when an event occurs which warrants SWAT reaction, SWAT officers will be notified and can report to a nearby HQ. While at the HQ they'll gear up and then deploy together via a SWAT APC/truck. This truck isn't a drivable vehicle, it's an automated system to deploy the SWAT people to the scene. SWAT is limited to the area of the event, as their equipment is very powerful."

wait is this how its going to work with the full open world map ? like automated system :o

Why not go with the way arma 3 does it there just normal police gear then get called they respond and put on the gear just add something that restricts them from getting the items from the  trunk unless at a specific event zone 

Sounds kinda odd lol..   

Edited by Joe

On 7/19/2017 at 3:08 AM, Joe said:

wait is this how its going to work with the full open world map ? like automated system

Probably just an AI driver like GTA taxis.