BeastWarrior

Will kids/teens(AGE10-15) play this game?

Before i start i know some of them will hate this but its i need to be honest if you played a RP  like samp Dark RP  you know how its barely playable because of so many kids and immature  i know most will argue that not all kids are immature but mature kids is rare and they all  do is cause  trouble . and in every game there is ban mute kick etc but still its not stoppable so we dont have choice .. we either need to make seperate server for kids so many of kids will join there so others left to enjoy the game without them or like a guy said  about subscription in another thread  to avoid this or any new method   ... so what do you guys think

15 minutes ago, BeastWarrior said:

Before i start i know some of them will hate this but its i need to be honest if you played a RP  like samp Dark RP  you know how its barely playable because of so many kids and immature  i know most will argue that not all kids are immature but mature kids is rare and they all  do is cause  trouble . and in every game there is ban mute kick etc but still its not stoppable so we dont have choice .. we either need to make seperate server for kids so many of kids will join there so others left to enjoy the game without them or like a guy said  about subscription in another thread  to avoid this or any new method   ... so what do you guys think

In the FAQ it says 18+ only. 
Subscription no thanks.  We already paid for the game once.
You will always have kids in a game. If you would like to have a solution against this '' problem '' buy a private server and be an admin. So you can deal with the kids :)

Enjoy your day

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

In the FAQ it says 18+ only. 
Subscription no thanks.  We already paid for the game once.
You will always have kids in a game. If you would like to have a solution against this '' problem '' buy a private server and be an admin. So you can deal with the kids :)

Enjoy your day

Exactly, subscription.... No thank you. Also The developers can only put a age rating on the game and then it is out of their hands for stopping kids. Kids will bypass the age rating because really the parents could allow them to play/ buy it and really it is not stopping them from doing that as they have consent.

Subscription would be worse because kids could use their parents card and they might not even realise their kid is spending each month on it. 

Kids will be in the game regardless of subscription or not; regardless of age rating or not. 

When you was a kid did you guys play a 18+ game? I did it, so the best way for you to remove kids from the game for you is white-list your server and have a age rating. 

Not all kids are immature and some you can find more mature than some adults. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Exactly, subscription.... No thank you. Also The developers can only put a age rating on the game and then it is out of their hands for stopping kids. Kids will bypass the age rating because really the parents could allow them to play/ buy it and really it is not stopping them from doing that as they have consent.

Subscription would be worse because kids could use their parents card and they might not even realise their kid is spending each month on it. 

Kids will be in the game regardless of subscription or not; regardless of age rating or not. 

When you was a kid did you guys play a 18+ game? I did it, so the best way for you to remove kids from the game for you is white-list your server and have a age rating. 

Not all kids are immature and some you can find more mature than some adults. 

I agree with everything u said!
The only way to prevent the immature ones is to rent your own server.

On that note @LuckyDuck when will we be able to rent servers? or to reserve one. I would like to have one for myself as soon as they're available 

5 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

On that note @LuckyDuck when will we be able to rent servers? or to reserve one. I would like to have one for myself as soon as they're available 

After Full Game Release.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

After Full Game Release.

I figured as much! Just thought i'd ask in case the situation would be different! Thanks a lot! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeastWarrior said:

It's simple, you don't like kids you don't play this game or any game because I hate to break it to you but they exist. A sperate server for people under 15 would be a terrible idea because it's discrimination and I'm sure this game doesn't want to be labeled for it. Subscription games are a big no no for me, I like one-time purchases, no worrying about if you paid it or not if you have enough on your card etc . I'd like the leave everyone mixed, you get some younger fellas from time to time but it's usually not going to be a huge issue because there are rules and mechanisms in place to stop rdm and such.

Edited by Numbers
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Numbers said:

It's simple, you don't like kids you don't play this game or any game because I hate to break it to you but they exist. A sperate server for people under 15 would be a terrible idea because it's discrimination and I'm sure this game doesn't want to be labeled for it. Subscription games are a big no no for me, I like one-time purchases, no worrying about if you paid it or not if you have enough on your card etc . I'd like the leave everyone mixed, you get some younger fellas from time to time but it's usually not going to be a huge issue because there are rules and mechanisms in place to stop rdm and such.

Well this seems like your a kid too lol but  this is not gta or minecraft so its not game for kids if they still wants to play better make server for them so kids play with another kids  and remaning servers make it as whitelisted  there are many games which that dont have kids    like subscription i mean the youngest one i ever saw was 17 years old there and you said dont play any games because if i dont like kids well many of them post the threads about kids already so not only me but many of them dont want little ones in adult games .  iam not being rude but that how it works there many games for kids to play 

Edited by BeastWarrior

Same opinion as users who responded, a subscription would not be cool to us .. and I do not think it would prevent kids 'trollmdr' from playing there.

First, let's wait for the complete game to see where it goes, as @Numbers says, there are mechanics set up to prevent all the flood, mass-kill etc. that we meet on 90% of the games.

Personally, and this is only my opinion, if the game is as I imagine, many children (and adults, because there are also those who respect nothing) will be very disappointed not to be able to ride in Tank with a rocket launcher or sulphate by killing everything they meet, selling 50kg of meth every day, getting $500.000 in 2 hours and finaly spending 3/4 of their time in prison.

Moreover, I see that many players want to work in the forces of order. If it is done seriously, it would help to prevent this kind of behavior.
(Not counting the serious mafias on who we can ask for protection)

It remains MY opinion of course =)

But I quite understand the purpose of your subject. They grow up at a time when everything f*ck-up, and it is normal for them to make the idiots to be recognized.
We must also be aware that they do not know the "old" mentalities of players, and that it was not necessary to make the cunt to have fun.

It's hard for us who have experienced one / era where everyone was playing more .. seriously? I can not find the word, but you understand me.
(I'm not that old yet, I'm only 24 years old ..)

35 minutes ago, BeastWarrior said:

Well this seems like your a kid too lol but  this is not gta or minecraft so its not game for kids if they still wants to play better make server for them so kids play with another kids  and remaning servers make it as whitelisted  there are many games which that dont have kids    like subscription i mean the youngest one i ever saw was 17 years old there and you said dont play any games because if i dont like kids well many of them post the threads about kids already so not only me but many of them dont want little ones in adult games .  iam not being rude but that how it works there many games for kids to play 

I'm turning 15 on Friday, so yes, legally I am still a kid. Originally Minecraft nor GTA was targeting a child audience (to my knowledge) either way that's beside the point. I play games such as squads and arma and I haven't had anyone complain about me being young because it's impossible to tell since I'm just another person playing the game just like anyone else, I don't break any rules or act improperly which is why I can't justifying discrimination against a whole age group all because of some stereotype against them. I work for my money just like you and I expect equal treatment for my money in this game. I could say more but I feel that it won't change your views on the subject.

Edited by Numbers
  • Like 5

Ok NUMBERS you might be mature but not everyone at this age like that . so the only way to is to make private server or make special server for kids so there wont be age problems as they play with their own age which they will enjoy more as they are same age   and other servers as whitelisted so it will slove most of the problems 

6 minutes ago, BeastWarrior said:

Ok NUMBERS you might be mature but not everyone at this age like that . so the only way to is to make private server or make special server for kids so there wont be age problems as they play with their own age which they will enjoy more as they are same age   and other servers as whitelisted so it will slove most of the problems 

The official servers will not be white-listed or such, if you don't want to play with kids you'll have to rent a private server and white-list it yourself. Also there are many kids who are more mature than Adults and while that more kids are immature, the immature adults have a higher level immaturity than kids sometimes. You was once a kid and so I am sure you didn't like being segregated because of your age and so don't segregate those who are kids now because I am sure every last one of us adults was a kid and made havoc in games for the adults before us.

• Like 5

I am only 14 years old and I do feel that we are discriminated against to a certain degree but for good reason! I've experienced first hand the immaturity of people around my age and to be honest I've done it myself, but now that is years in the past and I've distanced myself from the immature "trolls" who try their best to ruin RP for the people who enjoy it. Now I seek an RP game where I could be whoever I want, First it was SantosRP on Gmod and I couldn't even get past the whitelist test purely because of my age. Then it was GTA5 RP on FiveM I couldn't even get to the whitelist test because of my age! Now I hope Identity is the game i'm looking for and can finally play. Non-whitelist servers on pretty much any roleplay game lack the seriousness of a whitelist server because non-whitelist servers will have a good chance of harboring people who just want to ruin it for the real roleplayers and having a whitelist significantly reduces that chance. All i'm trying to say is to not be automatically revolted at the discovery of our age but instead give us a chance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dragon_12dk said:

I hope for a mature community. I believe that requiring a mic would help in this, immature kids are not likely to play a game where they have to use their voice, rather than holding shift and typing. I can prove this in my own experiances, In Arma 3 I looked at a variety of servers, some servers had both typing and voice as communication methods, some however had only voice communication. I found that there were relatively no underage trolls on voice only servers. In fact I have yet to encounter one. However they are all over the place on servers where you can type to talk. I don't know why, but it seems to really solve the issue.

I agree with you on this. I think one of the best methods to combat this is large private communities. Letting a community with a full admin team and moderation team deal with trolls or toxic folks will create an overall better experience for that server. Along with a vetting process I.E. checking for mics. 

14 hours ago, YaboyJax said:

I am only 14 years old and I do feel that we are discriminated against to a certain degree but for good reason! I've experienced first hand the immaturity of people around my age and to be honest I've done it myself, but now that is years in the past and I've distanced myself from the immature "trolls" who try their best to ruin RP for the people who enjoy it. Now I seek an RP game where I could be whoever I want, First it was SantosRP on Gmod and I couldn't even get past the whitelist test purely because of my age. Then it was GTA5 RP on FiveM I couldn't even get to the whitelist test because of my age! Now I hope Identity is the game i'm looking for and can finally play. Non-whitelist servers on pretty much any roleplay game lack the seriousness of a whitelist server because non-whitelist servers will have a good chance of harboring people who just want to ruin it for the real roleplayers and having a whitelist significantly reduces that chance. All i'm trying to say is to not be automatically revolted at the discovery of our age but instead give us a chance.

It won't be different I guarantee the more popular and Favorited servers will have a age limit and if they are Favorited it's probably gonna be 18+

I think that most immature kids will be filtered out due to the fact that Identity is more realistic than most games. They can't treat it like GTA and if they do they will certainly find themselves dealing with a lot of jail time, which will most likely get rid of them or force them into a different, more mature playstyle. If you are concerned about RP, then I would suggest a private server, a lot of them have application processes, and you will be able to find people who are interested in RP as I am sure there will be a significant amount of players who aren't that serious about roleplaying. :)

• Like 1

On 18/07/2017 at 10:31 AM, BeastWarrior said:

Yes. There will be children in the game. I have hoped that the adults will outnumber children in this game but the contrary is a large possibility. I mean no disrespect and welcome you to the community, but you have made 6 posts and one of them is will there be kids. First of all, people who complain about children or use the word "children" in a condescending way are statistically more likely to be children themselves. I would say you are a teenager who is asking this likely to announce that you aren't a kid subliminally, even though you likely are. I didn't want to bring this up until you rather rudely stated the following:

On 18/07/2017 at 1:29 PM, BeastWarrior said:

This is incredibly patronising. Just because he had an opinion that didn't discriminate about children means he is a kid? No. Yes, as it turned out he was a kid, but the principle remains. You also later replied:

On 18/07/2017 at 2:23 PM, BeastWarrior said:

As if he needs some form of approval to be considered by you? Sorry, I don't know if your question was meant this way but it comes off as extremely arrogant and condescending and honestly quite narcissistic. If you are going to talk down to the younger portion of our community at least make an effort to show some maturity yourself by displaying signs of proper grammar and punctuation. 

I know this reply may seem harsh or aggressive but I truly cannot stand people bullying younger kids online as I have a younger brother myself. As a matter of fact the reason most young people troll and cause trouble is because they are made to feel very unwelcome by the community. If we start talking down to them and saying we don't want them on our servers, then they will start thinking why should they even try and prove their worth when they can get back at us for casting them out? Instead, engage with them and make them feel like part of this community so that they don't want to ruin it for themselves. 

In conclusion, I do not care how old you are. Younger people are welcome to this community no less than anyone else, its the trolls (regardless of age) who we don't want. Saying you don't want kids because some annoy you is the same as saying you don't want any Muslims because some are extremists. If you want to get rid of a bee's nest in your child's tree-house, do you cut down the entire tree or just get rid of the problem? Just saying, I will not hold this post against you in the future but these posts are the reason many kids are forced to annoy us for fun, because we don't include them in the standard role-play experience.

@Numbers, I would like to apologise on BeastWarrior's behalf.

• Like 4

Ok so I'm 14 turning 15 but I'm, not a troll. I am actually interested in rp. Age doesn't gauge maturity (that's debatable but it really depends on the person) you were a kid once and you played video games so idk why you care now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

Ok so I'm 14 turning 15 but I'm, not a troll. I am actually interested in rp. Age doesn't gauge maturity (that's debatable but it really depends on the person) you were a kid once and you played video games so idk why you care now.

Well age does gauge maturity, but age gauges all sorts of things like weight, height etc, but there will always be younger people taller and heacier than older people, Beast just needs to realise that there will always be younger people who are more mature than older ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Well age does gauge maturity, but age gauges all sorts of things like weight, height etc, but there will always be younger people taller and heacier than older people, Beast just needs to realise that there will always be younger people who are more mature than older ones.

Yeah, I will admit it does gauge maturity as you aren't even fully developed in terms of common sense until like your 20s lol. But yeah. And it's not even about there will be younger people more mature than older people but he needs to accept that there is going to be a wide base of people that are gonna play. Like there are going to be kids. Hell, there are gonna be 7-year-olds and he's just going to have to deal with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

Yeah, I will admit it does gauge maturity as you aren't even fully developed in terms of common sense until like your 20s lol. But yeah. And it's not even about there will be younger people more mature than older people but he needs to accept that there is going to be a wide base of people that are gonna play. Like there are going to be kids. Hell, there are gonna be 7-year-olds and he's just going to have to deal with it.

Exactly. They will play regardless, so why not accept and welcome them so they have something they do not want to destroy?

5 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Exactly. They will play regardless, so why not accept and welcome them so they have something they do not want to destroy?

omg yes. Cuz trying to get rid of kids even the immature ones are only gonna make them screw up the game out of spite.

• Like 1

Well my community is white-listed and instead of having the age restriction, I just put "We prefer those older than 14" however as long as the person has experience in RP and makes a serious application then they could still be accepted. I will hit the limit at 10 years old because it is an 18+ but also before you hit 10 is when you really are in a very immature part of your life. 

• Like 2

the one thing that im not a fan about when it comes to playing games that are 18+ and kids play, is the language barrier. i swear every other word, and its an 18+ game and rollplay as well. so i'll play as a swearing trucker who eats at gas stations and swears. i should never hear the words " you shouldnt swear to often kids play this game to" if they are playing a mature game, they should be able to take in the 18+ content.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dragon_12dk said:

Anyone under 13 should not be playing this game. Its not difficult to make sure they are mature, as I mentioned earlier. I just hope voice will be required, that will stop most of them, as they wont be willing to talk.

Voice won't be required on public servers. There WILL be a chat function in-game. On private servers I can imagine admins turning that chat option off so people are in actuality then required to speak. Or RP a mute guy. 

But imo they shouldn't be allowed either way. Not very immersive seeing/hearing an adult character speaking squeak.