DadOfMad

Question About Dev

I know it is a lot of work for a developer,

but does anyone know if this game is being built so that most of the processes  are being done in parallel?

I believe this is one of the major problems with Arma3.

Edited by DadOfMad

If you are talking about it being optimised then yes it will be better optimised than Arma 3.

• Like 1

yay!
being able to use multiple cpu's to evenly complete something drastically improves performance.
i really hope they have, its the future for large map open world games.

5 hours ago, TheNerdyChef said:

Arma is just badly coded. Great game, bad coding towards the performance 

True,only one rp mod is good for me,Project Life its the most realistic rp mod i have ever seen.(but you have to pay per month)

Edited by Alex77

On 18/07/2017 at 9:08 AM, LuckyDuck said:

If you are talking about it being optimised then yes it will be better optimised than Arma 3.

Source?

Lots of "confirmed" features and info get thrown round these forums when no proof can be provided. You cant possibly say it will be better optimized than arma 3 or any game, because it doesnt exist. The simplest gameplay features dont exist. Half the people on these forums act like they are the devs.

Edited by Kronic

On 18-7-2017 at 2:34 PM, Alex77 said:

True,only one rp mod is good for me,Project Life its the most realistic rp mod i have ever seen.(but you have to pay per month)

project life is joke , used to be good, and its a one time payment fyi

Edited by dimin69

52 minutes ago, Kronic said:

Lots of "confirmed" features and info get thrown round these forums when no proof can be provided. You cant possibly say it will be better optimized than arma 3 or any game, because it doesnt exist. The simplest gameplay features dont exist. Half the people on these forums act like they are the devs.

Well alot of people might not know this but i was actually told that arma 3 does not use your graphics card as the main source to run from it actually runs off your cpu, unlike most games where it is your graphics card, like all the nice looking games, thats why if you get 2 cpus you can basically just make it where you really wouldn't need a graphics card to run any game, i dont know if its going to be better optimized but its 2017 arma 3 was a 2013 game, i think and hope it will be better optimized 

3 hours ago, Kronic said:

I ended up asking about it in a gaming hr and they confirmed that it will indeed take advantage of parallel processing.

2 hours ago, RosaRoundBottom said:

Well alot of people might not know this but i was actually told that arma 3 does not use your graphics card as the main source to run from it actually runs off your cpu, unlike most games where it is your graphics card, like all the nice looking games, thats why if you get 2 cpus you can basically just make it where you really wouldn't need a graphics card to run any game, i dont know if its going to be better optimized but its 2017 arma 3 was a 2013 game, i think and hope it will be better optimized 

every game uses your cpu and your gpu to run...

what im talking about is parallel processing, this is when your cpu may have multiple cores or you may have multiple cpus and you distribute the work load evenly over said cpu's or cores.
So an Example. i have an 8 core cpu but when i play arma 3 and look at what cores are being utilized it is only using one of my 8 cores. all that processing capability going to waste. 
if i play GTAV and look at cpu distribution it utilizes about half of my first core and a quarter of the next five cores. this makes the game play much much faster.

24 minutes ago, DadOfMad said:

I ended up asking about it in a gaming hr and they confirmed that it will indeed take advantage of parallel processing.

every game uses your cpu and your gpu to run...

what im talking about is parallel processing, this is when your cpu may have multiple cores or you may have multiple cpus and you distribute the work load evenly over said cpu's or cores.
So an Example. i have an 8 core cpu but when i play arma 3 and look at what cores are being utilized it is only using one of my 8 cores. all that processing capability going to waste. 
if i play GTAV and look at cpu distribution it utilizes about half of my first core and a quarter of the next five cores. this makes the game play much much faster.

was just saying what i was told on how it uses your cpu more then the graphics card, and i know arma 3 was not the best in optimization and 110% bug free, but still a very lovely game. and hopefully yes like i did say hopefully this game is more optimized, and how they was talking how they want it perfect even before first module is released so i think that was key word that it is going / should run great if you have a good gaming pc. :3 not out to try and make enemy's just trying to help out ^-^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RosaRoundBottom said:

was just saying what i was told on how it uses your cpu more then the graphics card, and i know arma 3 was not the best in optimization and 110% bug free, but still a very lovely game. and hopefully yes like i did say hopefully this game is more optimized, and how they was talking how they want it perfect even before first module is released so i think that was key word that it is going / should run great if you have a good gaming pc. :3 not out to try and make enemy's just trying to help out ^-^

no worries, just wanted to explain it more for people that might not know. i did not take offense by your comments at all.
in fact you are correct about cpu to gpu usage in arma3. i had not noticed that my gpu was barely doing anything.

15 minutes ago, DadOfMad said:

no worries, just wanted to explain it more for people that might not know. i did not take offense by your comments at all.
in fact you are correct about cpu to gpu usage in arma3. i had not noticed that my gpu was barely doing anything.

Mew Mew just like i said trying to help out :P 

7 hours ago, Kronic said:

Ugh, can you stop with all the negative nancy speaking. It's getting pretty annoying now. I have no clue what you're trying to achieve by being so negative all the time. You got the attention u wanted, please refrain yourself from the toxicity you're slowly spreading.

Most people are commenting with what they read / ask(stream) / see. They aren't acting like devs. They're contributing to the community to make sure it stays nice and whole. It would be nice if for once in this era of online gaming that there will be a community standing tall because of the minimum toxicity .

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

Most people are commenting with what they read / ask(stream) / see. They aren't acting like devs. They're contributing to the community to make sure it stays nice and whole.

This. Exactly this. Every week they used to stream 5 times, now it's down to 3 times. Each week I try to watch every stream and I take a lot of the questions people have been asking on the forums with me. I ask what I can ask without harassing them, and quite often I get a reply. And I'm not alone, quite a few people here on the forums do the same. This way we gather information bit by bit. There's so many questions that can be asked about so many different aspects of the game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genesai said:

This. Exactly this. Every week they used to stream 5 times, now it's down to 3 times. Each week I try to watch every stream and I take a lot of the questions people have been asking on the forums with me. I ask what I can ask without harassing them, and quite often I get a reply. And I'm not alone, quite a few people here on the forums do the same. This way we gather information bit by bit. There's so many questions that can be asked about so many different aspects of the game.

I haven't been on the forums for a long time. But I have interacted a shit ton in a short period of time. I am trying to keep the community up and running. Keep people interested and make sure they don't lose their fate towards the cause. I am all about helping, I want this thing to happen in full spirit. People keeping their mentality up high by fun interaction on the forums. 

My main goal is to keep everyone happy and have an amazing community with as less negativity as possible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Agree'd and everyone will have their doubts about games, and how it will run how the content will be, because of look at the games that we have been promised in the past, and they have turned out nothing but trash. i can see how why a lot of people get their doubts, and why a lot of people will not think its going to be as good as it seems, but i have faith even if it comes out lacking alot of content if i see that they are putting the effort in and trying their hardest i will be their to help support as much as i can, a lot of people will put the game down calling it a scam, and so fourth until they see legit game play and so on. its not that they hate the game and don't want it made, its just they have trust issues with the company's, let the first module get complete and you-tubers and twitch streamers get on the game and play, then their sells might go up because the people seen the game seen the game play seen how the system is being made and they will choose if they want the game or not, and these guys at asylum know this, that is why they are working so hard to make it perfect, all i can wish for is everyone have faith into these guys making this game, and lets just hope they can make it and they need our support, they don't need us doubting the game, they don't need us doubting them. we need to work together ask our questions and when they stream ask them. if they dont save the question till next time. and then us just put the information down into the chats in the community and not fight over what can or can't be right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheNerdyChef said:

Ugh, can you stop with all the negative nancy speaking.

You can continue to expect this game to be released and be very disappointed when it doesnt happen, thats fine. If it does come, you only got what you expected.

I will expect that this game will never happen and furthermore, it is a blatant scam planned from the start. I wont be disappointed when it never comes, I already expect that. If it does come to be however, Ill be over the moon with excitement.

Someone needs to point out my point of view on this game, because I am not the only one with it (just read all the comments on youtube, reddit and other places).

I want this game to happen so badly, that is why I am being passionate about this.

4 hours ago, Kronic said:

You can continue to expect this game to be released and be very disappointed when it doesnt happen, thats fine. If it does come, you only got what you expected.

I will expect that this game will never happen and furthermore, it is a blatant scam planned from the start. I wont be disappointed when it never comes, I already expect that. If it does come to be however, Ill be over the moon with excitement.

Someone needs to point out my point of view on this game, because I am not the only one with it (just read all the comments on youtube, reddit and other places).

I want this game to happen so badly, that is why I am being passionate about this.

But yet you sadly continue to be passive aggressive. The game will happen habe some faith

Seems you have a choice to make, with two options.
- You either ask for a refund, and get it over with, and re-buy it when you DO have faith in a release. You'll miss out on the modules, but that's only fair.
- You have a little faith, continue to support the developers, and be a contributing members of our little society.

Either way, you WILL be able to play the game when it comes out, whether it's next year of the year after that. But one thing I know for sure: the pledgers will have enjoyed three modules and a closed beta by that time. All while making suggestions on these forums. And complaining you haven't seen or played a thing yet, imagine waiting on the full release. Take your chances, it's up to you. But complaining gets you nowhere, it's intoxicating at the very least. I've been on these forums daily since the last month, and too many people ruin these boards at times with the same negativity you express. And sure, it's your good right. But perhaps you should think then if this game development process angers you, you should leave it for what it is. And let us wait in anticipation, in peace.

Thank you.

• Like 1