Alex77

Spike Strips

Are you going to add spike strips? really help us when we are on pursuit. :) thank you. 

• Like 1

This would be interesting to know, but how would it function? 

Would a player have to tell another player to get the spikes or would they just appear after the cop called them in, also how would the tire pop animation work?

3 hours ago, ForestCayden said:

Would a player have to tell another player to get the spikes or would they just appear after the cop called them in, also how would the tire pop animation work?

I'm sure with research from the dev's, they can accomplish this! The game is promoting it's self "Without Restrictions/Limitations". But it's also A Video game, so there will be at least some form of Limit to how/when to use it, depending if it doesn't get abused by players. 

So, I think A cool idea to solve this is limit it to A 'Trusted rank' when pursuing into the Police Career. This Rank of course is earned by recognition by not only how the game see's how hard the player works, but also has to gain reputation with other players as well! (Kinda like A Emote system that would grant you Reputation with you fellow colleagues.) This can be performed by other players with actual Emotes, or using the computer or smartphone to send A message of Recommendations so this player can be promoted. 

Now where the spike strips come in, I'm assuming it will be unlocked by this certain rank. It  will also be set with the type of Vehicle that is unlocked with that. (Being A special Police Country Van or something...?) It will have 1 track of spikes (To limit exploitation) in the back of the van, and the person who owns it can set it out within reason. (Such as given an order by the sheriff or if it's necessary for the pursuit.) 

Animations and hitboxes will have to be considered but shouldn't be insanely difficult (Then again, I could be terribly wrong! xD

And to solve exploit's, if the guy is just spamming with the spikes or not using it within reason, this "Reputation System" can get the guy Demoted or kicked out of the force if he/she just keeps being A complete tool! xD

Hope this gives some idea? :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ForestCayden said:

The most times police will know where the suspect is heading  from the other officers that chasing the suspect. etc first of all you have to buy spike strips from the police armory in the station after that put it in the boot of the crusier,and when you want to use it open the boot off the crusier and put it to the road,but you or other officer have to warning the other drivers that there is a spike strips in the road. 

9 hours ago, ForestCayden said:

I don't know if you know how it worked in arma.
We were able to use a hotkey and we could place the spikes while driving in front of us behind us everywhere we wanted.
I would like this function not to exist to be fair, it would be really cool if we had to work together as cops and we have to communicate with each other to place them on certain spots where the '' criminal '' could escape to

6 hours ago, TheNerdyChef said:

I don't know if you know how it worked in arma.
We were able to use a hotkey and we could place the spikes while driving in front of us behind us everywhere we wanted.
I would like this function not to exist to be fair, it would be really cool if we had to work together as cops and we have to communicate with each other to place them on certain spots where the '' criminal '' could escape to

Arma's Spikes was actually not that great, yes a police officer should have to get them in their trunk to begin with, then be infront of the pursuit and actually have to toss them out into the road, like real life is, and well just hope the car don't smack you when the tires blow or just them call in the Suv moving roadblock where the cops come at them from the other way blocking off both sides of the road

Edited by RosaRoundBottom

I do like the idea of spike strips. And I wouldn't mind having to use skill to deploy them. Careful timing and placement is key.

Like this, this is just too much fun. I'm still watching on repeat. :D

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Genesai said:

I do like the idea of spike strips. And I wouldn't mind having to use skill to deploy them. Careful timing and placement is key.

Like this, this is just too much fun. I'm still watching on repeat. :D

What a great video! and profesionalism of police officer,i would really like if we could throw them in the game just when vehicle passing in front of us  like in the video!

Edited by Alex77

Right, so I've asked about this in Tuesday's live stream. The reply I've gotten was that they hadn't talked about it yet, and they were unsure about it at this point. Then they went on talking about how this could be implemented, what restrictions to add. That balance and misuse is considered. Perhaps, IF they were to add spike strips, that they could make it work with the current "stress system" and that perhaps unwanted vehicles wouldn't take damage from deployed spike strips. With unwanted I mean people who aren't wanted (or tagged) by the police.

Those were the things said about it, and it seems we'll have to be ok with that.

Another thing you might be interested in. During Wednesday's live stream I've asked whether or not the police station on the Town Square will be accessible during the module. That's a NO on launch, but it will be patched in during the course of the Town Square module. They'd love us to being able to try out the firing range. So we'll have to wait for that one a bit longer even.

Edited by Genesai
Made something clearer.

20 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Right, so I've asked about this in Tuesday's live stream. The reply I've gotten was that they hadn't talked about it yet, and they were unsure about it at this point. Then they went on talking about how this could be implemented, what restrictions to add. That balance and misuse is considered. Perhaps, IF they were to add spike strips, that they could make it work with the current "stress system" and that perhaps unwanted vehicles wouldn't take damage from deployed spike strips.

Those were the things said about it, and it seems we'll have to be ok with that.

Another thing you might be interested in. During Wednesday's live stream I've asked whether or not the police station on the Town Square will be accessible during the module. That's a NO on launch, but it will be patched in during the course of the Town Square module. They'd love us to being able to try out the firing range. So we'll have to wait for that one a bit longer even.

unsure about spike strips,unsure about heli,and the question is how could we catch the criminals? how could we stop a super fast car that we chasing it? okay..... maybe he escapes and everything okay. 

5 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

unsure about spike strips,unsure about heli,and the question is how could we catch the criminals? how could we stop a super fast car that we chasing it? okay..... maybe he escapes and everything okay. 

Well good old police work. Asking the dispatcher to alert squads on the other side of the escaping vehicle, and trying to cut him of with good old fashioned teamwork. And I'm sure the police vehicles will all have souped up engines. Besides some minor texturing work, the police SUV's interior is finished too. I'm sure we'll see another preview soon. Dev log will be on Friday, so we'll find out then.
Btw, the heli they aren't unsure about, that one simply won't be in game.

14 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Well good old police work. Asking the dispatcher to alert squads on the other side of the escaping vehicle, and trying to cut him of with good old fashioned teamwork. And I'm sure the police vehicles will all have souped up engines. Besides some minor texturing work, the police SUV's interior is finished too. I'm sure we'll see another preview soon. Dev log will be on Friday, so we'll find out then.
Btw, the heli they aren't unsure about, that one simply won't be in game.

we have to destroy all our vehicles to stop a fast car and risk citizens lives,its so hard for them to add spike strips? no need to do all this plan to stop a damn fast car, heli is one of the most important thing that police should have because heli cant lose the target. wish to change and add some important things in the future. in my opinion police needs more focus than other jobs. 

Edited by Alex77

9 hours ago, Genesai said:

Right, so I've asked about this in Tuesday's live stream. The reply I've gotten was that they hadn't talked about it yet, and they were unsure about it at this point. Then they went on talking about how this could be implemented, what restrictions to add. That balance and misuse is considered. Perhaps, IF they were to add spike strips, that they could make it work with the current "stress system" and that perhaps unwanted vehicles wouldn't take damage from deployed spike strips. With unwanted I mean people who aren't wanted (or tagged) by the police.

If they add spikes in they should have actual an options for spike strips on official and custom, like custom they have more like you do not need to be in a pursuit or stress meter high to do tire damage to a vehicle, i could see this on official servers because of trolls etc plus miss use, but on custom server police officers know they are risking the chance of getting banned or fired from that server or the police department, but either way adding in spike strips i would love, or the rolling strips for the suv that lock around the enemy vehicle and disables the tires and slows it down with the police suv either or both would actually be nice, because alot of police cars wont catch a sports car, and since police wont have a police chopper some super sports car that can do almost 180 - 220 against a crown vic or suv they will lose, now i've seen chargers do about 256 with the right engines but hell thats dangerous AF :o

On 7/20/2017 at 5:17 AM, Alex77 said:

we have to destroy all our vehicles to stop a fast car and risk citizens lives,its so hard for them to add spike strips? no need to do all this plan to stop a damn fast car, heli is one of the most important thing that police should have because heli cant lose the target. wish to change and add some important things in the future. in my opinion police needs more focus than other jobs. 

There is always "legal intervention." 9_9

i do hope that it'll make driving almost impossible (not like in saints row or gta v where driving with flat tires is only a decoration).

• Like 1

On 20-7-2017 at 2:06 PM, Alex77 said:

What do you mean unsure about heli? It's sure that they wont be added, due to the island being to small.. And they want people to interact face to face and not hide in a helicopter 80m in the air..

Spike strips would be a nice feature, but to stop cars the other way: trying to S1 them.
Pretty sure that they will add in faster police vehicles than the standard patrol cars for pursuits..
And you could always coordinate with other officers to set up a roadblock with vehicles.

Spike strips would be a nice feature but there are other ways aswell

Edited by brians999

This would be great to put in the game!  Not only is it never used in any other game but it'll add more of a difficulty to crime in general... should be interesting.

7 hours ago, Dustey said:

Not only is it never used in any other game

That's not true. There have been various games implementing spike strips. To give you an example: think of the Need For Speed series.